Pairs SP Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m. EST: | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m. EST:

gold12345

Medalist
Rockne Brubaker is really bulky in the upper body! huge arms! It's kinda too much, detracts from their look IMO

I think his very nice posture makes up for his bulkiness. He has good body line, especially considering he's not that tall.

Duhamel & Buntin definitely look better than their first GP. Two footed the throw, but the rest was pretty nice. She was really into it and had a big smile on her face.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PbP

Duhamel/Buntin (UGLY shirt on him)

2Tw - ok
3T - nice
sbs spin - ok
SlSt
DSp
lift
3FTh - just ok
PCoSp

Much much better than in CoC! She's sounds very happy

beep_beep

Medalist
I'll take Duhamel/Buntin ove Dube/Davidson any day.
And the crowd was feeling "Hotel California".

And, oh, Craig is hot.

amateur

Final Flight
Pretty good showing from Duhael/Buntin, I think a little more of this program than I did in their first event, they improved their attack in the second half. Still lacking refinement, but they skate with good energy. Replay shows lift position wasn't too great...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Buntin were solid. Interesting choice of music.

59.64 - 2nd place. She's really enthused and seems to know COP (talking about levels/GOE like the back of her hand. It's interesting).

Oh, and Skatebuzz's footage seems murkier than in the past.

i love to skate

Medalist
Good job by Meagan and Craig. Hate the music but the performance is good. What the hell are V/M skating to???? They take the title for worst pairs costumes as well.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
D/B have a lot of energy. I was out of breath at the end of their program.
Nicely done. Oh yeah what is with the commentating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PbP

D/B 59.64 - 2nd

Volosozhar/Morozov
(2 x ugly costumes)
3T - he steps out
3Tw - the highest in the world
lift
3LoTh - nice
sbs spin - ok
PCoSp
SlSt
DSp

gold12345

Medalist
Volosozhar/Morosov's music makes me tired.

He steps out of the sbs 3T. The rest was fine. Big throw 3loop-- sooo close to 2-footing it, but she got it. As amazingly high as their twist is, the catch of it isn't as good as it could be.

Andrea (on Universal Sports) is asking if it is too late to change their music. :rofl:

beep_beep

Medalist
Steuer is turning them all into Alionas :laugh:
Seriously, aside from the color, this costume looks like S/S SP costume for 05-06, even the stripe on the side.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Overall not a bad performance from Volosozhar/Morozov....its just their music selection that is rlly creepy and disturbing....:disapp:

amateur

Final Flight
What a strange program from V/M!! What odd music!?! What were those female yelps about???

I was prepared to hate it, but I think I almost like it - they need to skate with more authority and sureness in their movement to really pull off the voidy factor, then they could have something interesting. He has this weird disinterested kind of posture.

skatingbc

Final Flight
I'll take Duhamel/Buntin ove Dube/Davidson any day.
And the crowd was feeling "Hotel California".

And, oh, Craig is hot.

The Bay department store in downtown Vancouver has him on a huge Olympics poster with other Canadian Olympic athletes. He looks amazing. Along with some random curler...who knew curlers could be hot?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The Bay department store in downtown Vancouver has him on a huge Olympics poster with other Canadian Olympic athletes. He looks amazing. Along with some random curler...who knew curlers could be hot?

Isn't it a requirement of the Canadian Olympic Committee that all our athletes be hot? It seemed like it for Beijing! (No, not interested in counterexamples).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
V/M SP score 61.70 - 2nd

Zhang/Zhang (really like their SP costumes. Can they reuse it for the LP?)
3Tw - nice
3S - cautious, but landed
3LoTh - good
DSp
sbs spin - unison off a lot in the end
lift
PCoSp
SlSt

OK performance. Music is not their style, but at least they're trying something out of their comfort zone.

gold12345

Medalist
This program does not suit the Zhangs AT ALL. She doubled the 3S, and messed up her sbs spin. Weird mistake.

Wow, they go into 5th! Totally thought they would get held up in 2nd.

amateur

Final Flight
This music is not for the Zhangs, I'm afraid. Kinda clumsy, and they don't appear to "feel" it - especially her. I do respect them for trying to grow - but this one needs a lot of work.
They are quite a good-looking pair though, I had forgotten that (I don't watch them too often, finding them boring...)