Pairs SP Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m. EST: | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m. EST:

amateur

Final Flight
wow Zhangs not in the final fight?! The judges seem to have fallen out of love with them this year, which is definitely a good thing (well sad for them, but good they're not being overmarked). They looked kinda stunned.

What a shame S/Z didn't beat the SP record outright tonight - they deserve it!

Hikaru

Final Flight
He tries to sell the music, but she seems to just keep the poker face/body

I was thinking the same. Hao smiles and kinda plays the eyes to keep the sexy feel, I wish Dan could follow him, it's a music were you also need that body language and facial expressions, it would do them good.

life684

Final Flight
zhangs are not in the final group but they will more than make up with theri Lp. But i was hoping the judges will mark them low on pCS as well

gold12345

Medalist
I'm okay with Z/Z's score. The PCS are too high for the program they delivered, but I guess they needed to be to keep their total score close to M/B, who made a couple errors themselves.

2nd-5th place are within only 5 points of each other, so the LP will be the deciding factor.

Scout

Final Flight
It seems a bit risky for Z/Z to perform a short program that they are clearly not comfortable with. It's hard to get into a program and enjoy it when the skaters aren't feeling the music and selling the program. Hopefully they'll improve over the next few months.

SusieH

On the Ice
Just finished watching Shen/Zhao at youtube. Very happy for them. Kudos to Skate America camera people for giving us a beautifully shot program. :bow:

LOL at the Kiss and Cry. After the score came out, the female assistant coach immediately said happy birthday to Shen. Then Yao asked if Zhao had bought Shen any birthday present. Shen answered "yes he did" with a big brilliant smile. :)

Yao and Zhao also discussed about the death spiral. Yao wasn't very happy about the execution. He said they finished too soon, his squat was not low enough, the angle should be narrower, and etc. That was actually a hilarious conversation. :biggrin: He was obviously happy and excited about their performance but he kept babbling about the improvement they can still make.

Happy birthday Shen Xue! :birthday:

enderstar

Rinkside
The Dialogue of SZ and Bin Yao in the K&C

My english is not good,sorry~I've tried my best.
Z:We feel so relaxed about the first three elements.(OR:It was easy for the completion of the first three elements)
WO!(Watching the playback)It was good!
What about the SBS?(To YAO)
Y:The SBS is good.You were a little bit anxious about the Death Spiral.
Z:Yeah,The entrance of the Ds is not very good.
Y:Yes,the angle of your squat is not very low.
Z:We hardly stopped when the music ends.(Shen laughs).
And the 3T is not very good suddenly~
Y:It's not necessary to accomplish the 3T very well.You have already in the competition area,don't think about it too much.
AAA!Wo!!YEAh!(The Score is out) 74! HAHA!
Z:(Give a hug to Shen)HAHA!Happy birthday!
The female coach:Happy birthday!
S:(Wants to leave)
Y:We can't leave right now.
S:(Sits down again)
Y:(To Shen )Did he give you birthday present?
S:(Smile shyly)Yes.He has bought.
Y:GOOD!It's the first day of competition, but you two are good~
:laugh:
I hope you can understand the Humor.
PS.The three person say the same dialect.So the dialogue can be more interesting.

enderstar

Rinkside
Shen & Zhao's SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEH72QdL_c

Compared to their past programs, this SP feels quite weird to me. I have no idea what the choreography tries to achieve. Obviously they skated extremely well though.

The music of this program is Queen's <Who wants to live forever>
But this version is performed by the young fiddler -David Garrett.
I think the atmosphere of this version is very VAST.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Very lackluster competition.

It looks more and more like the teams that will be competing for Vancouver podium are

S/Z
S/S
K/S
in any order

And the following teams as the spoilers
P/T
M/T

yqs100

On the Ice
Very lackluster competition.

It looks more and more like the teams that will be competing for Vancouver podium are

S/Z
S/S
K/S
in any order

And the following teams as the spoilers
P/T
M/T

i think it will be in this order

1. SZ
2. SS
3. PT

not sure KS will be on the podium unless politics involved.

oxade21

Match Penalty
i think it will be in this order

1. SZ
2. SS
3. PT

not sure KS will be on the podium unless politics involved.
Why is it always politics when it comes to Russians? They have been consistently good this season. They lost in Japan to P/T only because of that quad. The PCS are now matching the rest of the top teams. I am sure that P/T can threat but I think if anyone can replace them it will be M/T.

bluesky12

Spectator
Why is it always politics when it comes to Russians? They have been consistently good this season. They lost in Japan to P/T only because of that quad. The PCS are now matching the rest of the top teams. I am sure that P/T can threat but I think if anyone can replace them it will be M/T.

In his opinion, PT are better than Russians . And it happened before..:bow:

yqs100

On the Ice

this was discussed in NHK area already,,,dont think they deserved for that high PCS, it might be more for sympathy.. same as the ones ZZ got in 06 olympics....don't want to discuss it here again...

considering "consistently good" dont you think PT is more consistence than KS?
MT will be the next favorite after the coming olympics,,,,they have a brighter future than KS...

herios

Medalist
You seem to have a short memory, K/S lost to Pang and Tong not only at NHK, they did at Rostelecom also.

P/T are a much more consistent team than K/S are and their programs this year are beautiful.I will take them any day over K/S.

My english is not good,sorry~I've tried my best.
Z:We feel so relaxed about the first three elements.(OR:It was easy for the completion of the first three elements)
WO!(Watching the playback)It was good!
What about the SBS?(To YAO)
Y:The SBS is good.You were a little bit anxious about the Death Spiral.
Z:Yeah,The entrance of the Ds is not very good.
Y:Yes,the angle of your squat is not very low.
Z:We hardly stopped when the music ends.(Shen laughs).
And the 3T is not very good suddenly~
Y:It's not necessary to accomplish the 3T very well.You have already in the competition area,don't think about it too much.
AAA!Wo!!YEAh!(The Score is out) 74! HAHA!
Z:(Give a hug to Shen)HAHA!Happy birthday!
The female coach:Happy birthday!
S:(Wants to leave)
Y:We can't leave right now.
S:(Sits down again)
Y:(To Shen )Did he give you birthday present?
S:(Smile shyly)Yes.He has bought.
Y:GOOD!It's the first day of competition, but you two are good~
:laugh:
I hope you can understand the Humor.
PS.The three person say the same dialect.So the dialogue can be more interesting.
:chorus: That's great. Thank you!!! Can you clarify though? Which element were they criticizing (SBS 3T or 3 Throw or 3 Twist - they all looked fine to me)? I love the idea of S/Z watching themselves and saying WOW, just like us!

I also like your transcription of Yao Bin's reaction to the score. ;)

yqs100

On the Ice

have a look the SP score details,,and for S/Z's score, the second judge from right...
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa09/gpusa09_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf

then you know what politics is!

this judge must be blind or daydreaming! I have all my bad words for him/her