Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Sun Nov. 15th 2:00 PM-4:00 PM

prettykeys

Medalist
Nope that's the first I've heard of this explanation. That's quite an odd excuse. Did other skaters have issues with this as well? I've never heard of uneven ice before...
I am glad that you are assuming it's an excuse.

YuNa said that as she prepared for it, she "felt something on the ice", most likely a pit or scratch that disturbed her line of skating.

I guess this is just an impossibility to you, and that if it happened to YuNa, such a freak accident should have to happen to all the other skaters, too, especially the ones not going last when the ice is likelier to be smoother. :rolleye:

prettykeys

Medalist
I thought she said she felt something on the ice, rather than the ice being uneven.
Yes, she said those words. But I clarified it, in case that rabble about a certain fans' flowers' seeds being the culprit was going to be raised again.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mathman

After she makes a mistake, she starts to be nervous. I remember 4CC of the last season, one fall, but she was a bit tense until the end. And this time she made some unusual error, so It's normal that she was a bit scared.

Of course it's normal to be nervous. But I think the point Mathman was trying to make is, shouldn't a visibly nervous and tentative performance be negatively reflected in the skater's PCS?

i love to skate

Medalist
YuNa said that as she prepared for it, she "felt something on the ice", most likely a pit or scratch that disturbed her line of skating.

Well before you said it was "uneven ice" and now you changed it to "something being on the ice". I can believe the later more than your first statement. I asked about other skaters because it would be almost impossible to have only a small section in the ice that was uneven.

prettykeys

Medalist
Well before you said it was "uneven ice" and now you changed it to "something being on the ice". I can believe the later more than your first statement. I asked about other skaters because it would be almost impossible to have only a small section in the ice that was uneven.
Excuse me? So "a pit on the ice" means that the ice is even, or uneven?

And English is supposed to be my SECOND language...yeesh.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
evangeline
Of course it's normal to be nervous. But I think the point Mathman was trying to make is, shouldn't a visibly nervous and tentative performance be negatively reflected in the skater's PCS?
But I guess it's reflected? Or not?
And she was handling it. Not the best way, but she wasn't completely defenseless.

i love to skate

Medalist
Excuse me? So "a pit on the ice" means that the ice is even, or uneven?

And English is supposed to be my SECOND language...yeesh.

Where did a pit come from? :confused: I did not watch the ladies event at TEB and did not read any articles on Yu Na this season about this incident. By you stating it was uneven ice, the image I get in my head is that the ice is not level which is why I said this is almost impossible. If it was a hole in the ice then yes I can understand how that would throw her off on the take off.

newvie

Rinkside
Yuna is still doing the same entrance; 3 turn. The problem came at the landing. It looked like her foot got caught when she landed.

Yes, she always does 3 turn before flip. But she starts the 3 turn differently.
At TEB, she turns right on the first turn.
At SA, she turns left.

Apparently Orser advised her to do so to make the jump easier, but apprantly she's having more difficulty with it.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Where did a pit come from? :confused: I did not watch the ladies event at TEB and did not read any articles on Yu Na this season about this incident. By you stating it was uneven ice, the image I get in my head is that the ice is not level which is why I said this is almost impossible. If it was a hole in the ice then yes I can understand how that would throw her off on the take off.

Sometimes skaters, if they pick hard enough, they'll accidentally dig out a chunk of ice, leaving a duvot. It happens.

janetfan

Match Penalty

One would think so - are YOU agreeing with me from an earlier discussion :p

Just kidding and no official comment about this.........;)

Last edited:

hauteor

On the Ice
Elena Glebova:

1F-2t-2t (might be all singles)
3 loop - shaky landing
3s-2t
Spiral seq
3T-3T (?)
Layback
3S
2A
2A
Flying sit
SlStp - very little speed
CCoSp

Not gonna lie, I like her Victorian-vampire outfit. :rock: Honestly, she did so many toes and sals, I started to get confused which jump is which. She slowed down so much the music was dragging her.

How this qualifies as a victorian-vampire is beyond me: http://sport.err.ee/index.php?06101418

Daniel5555

On the Ice
newvie
If you understand Japanese or Korean, you'll also hear what Arakawa said at that moment (The guess that impressed everyone later)
Maybe you'll just write it since not all of us know Japanese.

Medusa

Record Breaker
"I retied my skates too tight,"
from here.

Heh. That one is new. We should totally start a list "Best excuses by skaters". "Retied my skates too tight" is in the middle, together with "the ice is crushy" (Lambiel, Worlds 2008) and "the Triple Axel only looks underrotated from a certain perspective" (Lysacek, Grand Prix 2008).

SusieH

On the Ice
oh, golly....am I a jinx? I watch YuNa and she falls?

I feel like I'm a jinx too. She always performed well when I watched her live. I should have stayed up late to watch her. *feeling very sad now* Oh gosh, I was actually very serious when I said that.

On the bright side, now she knows what's like to skate under immense pressure, and she can learn to deal with it now.

And now I have to get myself prepared to go to work with a heavy heart. Blue Monday indeed. :(

lakeshore

Match Penalty
I'd like granny to win Euros. At least she can land 4 types of good triples. The other European ladies' jumps are absolutely pathetic.