Practice reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well this may be a little late so I will just comment on some things. Lutai eventually made it. It was funny because they let him have like 15 minutes of practice on the ice before the beginning of the compulsary dance. Everyone that was coming in was like...what?...thought this was compulsary dance. He was very thankful to the US skating officials who let him get out there on the ice.

Yesterday in pracitce (before the short program)...Emily had the blue tape heating pad think down her back. During the practice it appeared that she started crying and then Bonnie her coach gave her a hug and then she went to the middle of the ice, did her bow and ended her practice. Don't know what that is about or if she was injured or not. During the short program she didn't have anything on her back...so don't know what to make of it.

As for Tomas....someone asked about it. It's funny because he had pretty good practices this week. He didn't appear to be sick but maybe he hides it very well. So the short program was kind of a surprise for everyone, especially the ones that have seen him practice all week.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for the reports from the arena, sillylionlive. I just can't make sense of everything since I see only the TV or worse, internet streaming.

Thanks again!

deedeelocks

Rinkside
As for Tomas....someone asked about it. It's funny because he had pretty good practices this week. He didn't appear to be sick but maybe he hides it very well. So the short program was kind of a surprise for everyone, especially the ones that have seen him practice all week.

http://www.tomasverner.com/About-To...ned-at-skate-America/13S-145-2ec.article.aspx

“During the competition I was struggling with fatigue and a virus. The jumps were allright in practice, but the problem was to do all the elements one after another”

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thanks for that link about Tomas. It's a shame he is such a nice guy and I really wanted to see him do well.