SC Prediction | Page 3 | Golden Skate

SC Prediction

Bennett

Record Breaker
I read akiko sounding very confident. she says that she newly improved her edges quality and can skate without efforts like Shizuka. In a way, this sounds more promising than hearing her saying that she has been consistent in her jumps. Jump consistency is so elusive; but if you can focus on basic skating skills you are on your feet. I hope that she doesn't think too much from now to the comp and just goes on at the current frame of the mind.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I read akiko sounding very confident. she says that she newly improved her edges quality and can skate without efforts like Shizuka. In a way, this sounds more promising than hearing her saying that she has been consistent in her jumps. Jump consistency is so elusive; but if you can focus on basic skating skills you are on your feet. I hope that she doesn't think too much from now to the comp and just goes on at the current frame of the mind.

Edging could also help her with her jump consistency, since both Lutz and Flip aren't good jumps for her, she gets edge calls/warnings on both. So maybe some refinement of the edge work in general also will help with those two jumps.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Edging could also help her with her jump consistency, since both Lutz and Flip aren't good jumps for her, she gets edge calls/warnings on both. So maybe some refinement of the edge work in general also will help with those two jumps.
Oh, she gets calls/warnings on both jumps. I see! I had atually sometimes felt puzzled when she got edge calls on one of them because the other one could look more questionable to me. But now it makes better sense! Yukari gets calls/warnings on both, too.
Other than the questionable edges, however, her Lutz/Flip are fab, with great height and flow. Very powerful. But perhaps she could never get plus GOE if she gets edge call/warning? Then better fix it.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Pairs
1. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
3. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)

Men
1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
2. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Ladies
1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
3. Caroline ZHANG (USA)

Dance
1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
3. Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS)

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Pairs

1. Jessica DUBÉ / Bryce DAVISON (CAN)
2. Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)
3. Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)
4. Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT (USA)
5. Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY (CAN)

Men

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN)
2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
3. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)
4. Michal BREZINA (CZE)
5. Samuel CONTESTI (ITA)

Ladies

1. Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)
2. Caroline ZHANG (USA)
3. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
4. Laura LEPISTO (FIN)
5. Mirai NAGASU (USA)

Ice dancing

1. Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
2. Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
3. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
4. Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES (USA)
5. Madison HUBBELL / Keiffer HUBBELL (USA)

Canada sweeps the competition! :yes: And if they don't, they will have messed up my last prediction of this GP-series. :scowl:

A daring prediction~I'm loving it:thumbsup:
I would put Langlois/Hay in 4th because they always placed 4th in SC.:p

I am not very good in prediction except for the men last season guided by PJ's curse, so I decided to shy away from the prediction posts. But I change my mind after seeing yours, and pull out my Canadian flag to show some surpport:rock:

jettasian

Match Penalty
A daring prediction~I'm loving it:thumbsup:
I would put Langlois/Hay in 4th because they always placed 4th in SC.:p

I am not very good in prediction except for the men last season guided by PJ's curse, so I decided to shy away from the prediction posts. But I change my mind after seeing yours, and pull out my Canadian flag to show some surpport:rock:

Well, Pj Kwong just picked for Canadians sweep, so the CURSE!!!!

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Ladies
1. Rochette
2. Suzuki
3. Czisny
4. Zhang

Men
1. Chan
2. Takahashi
3. Abbott
4. Brezina

Pairs
1. D/D
2. S/S
3. M/T
4. D/B

Dance
1. V/M
2. P/B
3. S/B
4. W/P

Trewyn

Medalist
Ladies:

1. Joannie
2. Akiko
3. Alissa
4. Laura
5. Mirai

Men:

1. Jeremy
2. Patrick
3. Kevin (haha I guess the men's event is so unpredictable; I might as well give my prediction a patriotic twist)
4. Daisuke
5. Stephen

MKFSfan

Medalist
What I would like to see happen in Ladies:
1-Joannie
2-Caroline
3-Mirai or Alissa

What I think will happen:
1-Joannie
2-Akiko
3-Caroline or Laura

Trewyn

Medalist
I'm so curious to the Ladies event; Joannie and Akiko are gold/silver medal favorites; but Laura, Alissa, Caroline and Mirai all have an equal shot at a medal as well; it will come down to who skates the cleanest... I think people have forgtotten about Mirai a little bit because Caroline and Alissa have a shot at the final and Mirai not really...

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow, this could be the most exciting ladies GP yet ... if only some of these ladies had been at SA.

SO hard to predict. So I'm just going to leave out the 'bomb' factor and predict what will happen if these ladies do well.

1. Joannie
2. Czisny
3. Mirai
4. Akiko
5. Caroline
6. Lepisto

Although ... I'm so confused by Mirai. She did so well in the short program at COC and not so well in the LP because of URs. It's almost like the judges were looking at two different skaters. Which one is the real Mirai??

Layfan

Record Breaker
I'm so curious to the Ladies event; Joannie and Akiko are gold/silver medal favorites; but Laura, Alissa, Caroline and Mirai all have an equal shot at a medal as well; it will come down to who skates the cleanest... I think people have forgtotten about Mirai a little bit because Caroline and Alissa have a shot at the final and Mirai not really...

If Mirai wins could she have a shot at the finals?

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Last minute predixtions

Pairs
1 Mukhortova/Trankov
2 Savchenko/Szolkowy
3 Langlois/Hay
4 Dube/Davison
5 Ozerova/Enbert

Ladies
1 Rochette
2 Suzuki
3 Lepistö
4 Czisny
5 Nagasu
6 Zhang

Ice Dance
1 Virtue/Moir
2 Pechalat/Bourzat
3 Weaver/Poje
4 Samuelson/Bates
5 Bobrova/Soloviev

Cool happy banner, Gopatrick, but I think it will be like this

Men
1 Abbott
2 Chan
3 Takahashi
4 Brezina
5 Contesti
6 Van Der Perren

Layfan

Record Breaker
What I would like to see happen in Ladies:
1-Joannie
2-Caroline
3-Mirai or Alissa

What I think will happen:
1-Joannie
2-Akiko
3-Caroline or Laura

I have to say. ... that's a pretty good prediction best I've seen yet.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow, this could be the most exciting ladies GP yet ... if only some of these ladies had been at SA.

SO hard to predict. So I'm just going to leave out the 'bomb' factor and predict what will happen if these ladies do well.

1. Joannie
2. Czisny
3. Mirai
4. Akiko
5. Caroline
6. Lepisto

Although ... I'm so confused by Mirai. She did so well in the short program at COC and not so well in the LP because of URs. It's almost like the judges were looking at two different skaters. Which one is the real Mirai??

My top three predictions are leading after the SP!!!!!!:cool: