SC Prediction

poorScorer

Rinkside
I dont know much about Pairs and Dance, so I'll limit myself to singles only

Ladies:
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Alissa Czisny (I can hope :love:)
3. Akiko Suzuki

We've seen Yu-Na isn't unbeatable after all.
But Big question's still unanswered.
Who would be the 'beater' then?
Still no other ladies came forward and claimed to be.
Yuna's score at SA is still the 2nd best this GP season only behind her own TEB score.

So to make things really interesting, someone have to put 60+ SP, 120+ LP, and 180+ (preferably 190+) total. I believe Joannie can do that at her home field. JMHO

Men:
1. Jeremy Abbott (Jeremy! you can pull it together :agree:)
2. Patrick Chan
3. Michal Brezina

This one is really difficult. I just went by my heart here.

i love to skate

Medalist
Men:
Patrick's debut is finally here! :clap: I hope he includes the quad and lands the darn thing.

1. Patrick Chan
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Jeremy Abbott

Women:
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Mirai Nagasu/Sarah Meier

Pairs :love:
This one is hard to predict: It will depend on if S/S debut their new program....I wonder how polished it will be. I wonder if M/T can have as good of a competition as they did in Paris and I wonder how much D/D have improved. That is a lot of unknowns!

1. Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy
2. Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison
3. Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov

Dance:
1. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
2. Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat
3. Federica Faiella and Massimo Scali

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Jeremy Abbott (hopefully :bow:)
2. Michal Brezina
3. Patrick Chane

Ladies:
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Caroline Zhang/Alissa Czisny/Mirai Nagasu

I bet the three US ladies battle for third. I think a clean Alissa or a Mirai with rotated jumps could win the silver, and maybe even the gold :biggrin:, but considering it's in Canada and Joannie normally does better than those two....I don't think that will happen. Caroline will probably only get third if Mirai and Alissa mess up, which happens periodically so is very possible. If Alissa skates decently though, she will get the medal because of her PCS. If Alissa makes too many mistakes and Mirai does not, then Mirai will get the medal.

People have been saying Laura Lepisto could medal here, I know very little about her. Anyone know how she stacks up next to the likes of Caroline, Alissa, and Mirai?

This is going to be heartbreaking - too many good skaters at one event.

I'll predict wildly (perhaps that's predivting, I need a glossary):

Men:
Daisuke
Patrick
Preaubert

Ladies:
Suzuki
Rochette
Czisny

Pairs:
M/T
S/S
D/B

Dance:
V/M
F/S
S/B

People have been saying Laura Lepisto could medal here, I know very little about her. Anyone know how she stacks up next to the likes of Caroline, Alissa, and Mirai?
Judge for yourself:
Lepisto: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00006816.htm
Zhang: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00009232.htm
Czisny: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00005527.htm
Nagasu: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010220.htm

She seems to have a clear edge over Mirai lately and did much better than Alissa at the last Worlds. Not sure about Caroline.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I just watched her worlds programs on youtube. She is quite good, and her spins/spirals/presentation rivals that of Alissa, Caroline and Mirai. She skates faster than all three of them and doesn't seem to UR her jumps.... It's going to be a fight for the podium...6 ladies for 3 spots and no huge frontrunner

I wonder why there are so many good ladies at Skate Canada this season? It seems like the Grand Prix events are not all evenly matched in terms of the talent level of the skaters attending each of them

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well, well, well...time to make my egregiously incorrect predictions again!

LADEEZZ:
1) Rochette
2) Suzuki
3) Lepisto

MENFOLK:
1) Chan
2) Takahashi
3) Abbott

PAIRZ:
1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Mukhortova/Trankov
3) Dube/Davison

ICE PRANCE:
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Pechalat/Bourzat
3) Faiella/Scali

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
These are gonna be wrong anyway, so I'm gonna have fun and give some tortured rationalizations.

Men
1. Patrick Chan
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Jeremy Abbott
4. Michal Brezina
5. Samuel Contesti

Okay, so here's the dealio. It's the last chance for many of these skaters to have an international judgment before the Olympics. For Chan, it's the only chance (no GPF, no 4CC). Additionally, there is the added pressure on some of those who are looking to make the GPF (I'm thinking Abbott and Takahashi in particular). Meanwhile, Brezina has added pressure simply because he has expectations now (see Rippon at NHK). For Chan, it's just about getting these programs out there. But what of his health? The quad that he wants to put in? Eh, who knows. I predicted Takahashi and Abbott at NHK and they disappointed me, and Chan is using the same short as last year, so his comfort level should be enough.

Women
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Laura Lepisto
4. Alissa Czisny
5. Caroline Zhang

Rochette seems to have taken the correct lessons from CoC and move forward. I'm more curious about Suzuki, truth be told. With Asada disappointing and Nakano missing the GPF for the first time in three seasons, does she rise up. It would be pretty darn cool if after all this time she actually made the Olympics (having never even gone to worlds) and making the GPF virtually assures that, right (my understanding is that the top competitor in the GPF and the National Champion are assured spots). I'm quite excited for her (though sad for Nakano and Suguri at the same time. That much vaunted depth in ladies really sucks for some). Meanwhile, I think Lepisto will garner the bronze though I think Czisny could get it if she nails her jumps (always a big if). Between Nagasu and Zhang, I'm gonna go with the latter. Wonky jump technique harms GOEs, but underrotations like Nagasu suffers harms it much more.

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Faella/Scalia
3. Pechelat/Bourzat
4. Samuelson/Bates
5. Weaver/Poje

I'm predicting F/S because I love their FD, and I hate P/B's. The rest is self explanatory.

Pairs
1. Dube/Davison
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Murkhotova/Trankov
4. Langlois/Hays
5. Denney/Barrett

Hey, you see what I'm doing here. Yep, I'm gonna predict Canadian sweep. Stupid, huh!

Okay, why? I think most people agree that the top three teams are gonna be our medalists. But which order? S/S definitely have the edge here, and I probably should predict them. It makes sense. However, their last two events were riddled with mistakes (Nebelhorn, TEB) and they have a new program now (apparently). If they debut their new program, will it be comfortable enough to win? And M/T? Do we think that the clean long program was a fluke - are they all of a sudden gonna transform into long program skaters now? So you know what, I'm gonna go with D/D. Just cause. It'd be neat. If I'm wrong, well, take a gander at these prediction threads and just see how wrong I can be, and come back and tell me if this sounds so ludicrous.

Still does? Humbug.

i love to skate

Medalist
So you know what, I'm gonna go with D/D. Just cause. It'd be neat. If I'm wrong, well, take a gander at these prediction threads and just see how wrong I can be, and come back and tell me if this sounds so ludicrous

I was going to put them first in my predictions as well. Maybe I'll go back and edit it so you won't be alone :laugh: I could totally be wrong but I have a gut feeling that they are gonna be great this weekend. Of course they could skate horribly too but I'm feeling that they will do great.

yqs100

On the Ice
Men:
Daisuke:rock:
Patrick
Preaubert

Ladies:
Rochette
Suzuki :clap: great potential,,,but definitely need to change the LP custome
Czisny

Pairs:
M/T
S/S (they only skate well in one or two events per season, if they change their LP, i hope what happened in TEB wont happen again, I would like to see them in tokyo facing Shen/ Zhao)
D/B

I love DD's long program, but I have a feeling they wont do very well technically....hope my feeling is wrong.

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
I'm more curious about Suzuki, truth be told. With Asada disappointing and Nakano missing the GPF for the first time in three seasons, does she rise up. It would be pretty darn cool if after all this time she actually made the Olympics (having never even gone to worlds) and making the GPF virtually assures that, right (my understanding is that the top competitor in the GPF and the National Champion are assured spots).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that by the way I remember the rule being stated, she has to medal at the GPF (and be the highest-finishing Japanese lady, which is of course the easier part in this case ;;-) in order to automatically earn the Olympic spot there. Oops wait - aren't we forgetting Miko Ando is gonna be there too??

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Ladies:
Rochette
Suzuki :clap: great potential,,,but definitely need to change the LP custome
Czisny

??? You think Suzuki's costume is gonna keep her off the top of the podium? (and even though it didn't hinder her in China?) :laugh: (I realize this probably isn't the way you meant it)

I like the costume. Arakawa (who designed it) said it's not finished yet, anyway, the jacket is supposed to have stuff added to it I think.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
I like Suzuki's Costume as is and love her in it becuase it is not overdone and portrays west side story well. I also think she gets West Side Story well her program is a complete package.

I also think that Alissa will skate well in Kitchener. This rink which I believe is the same one as the 2002 GPF was held at is smaller than many I've seen and is similar in size to the one she trains on at the Detroit Skating club so I think she will be more comfortable when she takes the ice.
I'm not going to predict what order or who will medal what color but I hope that Alissa,, Joannie and Akiko are the medalists!

yqs100

On the Ice
??? You think Suzuki's costume is gonna keep her off the top of the podium? (and even though it didn't hinder her in China?) :laugh: (I realize this probably isn't the way you meant it)

I like the costume. Arakawa (who designed it) said it's not finished yet, anyway, the jacket is supposed to have stuff added to it I think.

Lol.... In CoC, I was thinking it must be so cold in beijing cause Suzuki was wearing a white jacket when she was warming up...

and when she competed she was still wearing it, so I realized hmmm the design is supposed to be like that......

yea,,, it looks like something more should be added on the jacket...:laugh:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men:
1. Patrick Chan
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Daisuke Takahashi

Ladies:
1. Joannie Rochette
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Laura Lepisto

Pairs:
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Dube/Davison

Ice Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Pechalat/Bourzat
3. Samuelson/Bates

Last edited:

sadalou

Rinkside
MEN
1) Chan
2) Abbott
3) Takahashi

LADIES
1) Rochette
2) Suzuki
3) Czisny

PAIRS
1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Dubé/Davison
3) Mukhortova/Trankov

ICE DANCE
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Pechalat/Bourzat
3) Faiella/Scali

mishieru07

On the Ice
Well this season has been full of surprises and my guesses are pretty bad.

Men
1) Chan (welcome back!) :biggrin:
2) Abbott
3) Takahashi

Ladies
1) Rochette
2) Suzuki
3) Zhang (well I hope)

Pairs
1) S/S
2) M/T
3) D/D

Ice Dance
1) V/M :clap:
2) P/B
3) S/B
F/S pulled out with some health issues! Very sad for them; I hope they recover in time for Europeans and Olympics!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Men:
Chan
Takahashi
An unidentified underdog

Ladies:
Rochette
?
Zhang