FD 12:15 Eastern Time, Sunday, Nov. 22 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

FD 12:15 Eastern Time, Sunday, Nov. 22

abbykitty

Rinkside
Virtue/Moir = love!:love: the ending is absolutely gorgeous! first time I got chills and cried in a good way this season...:eek:

life684

Final Flight
Nice comeback for V/M after yesterday. I thought his expression matched the mood of the music very well, hers in the other hand...
Third lovey dovey program in four seasons... Darn, last season it looked like they were going for the change...

V/M did skate very well and they deserved their victory. Now lets see how three north american teams stack up against each other at the GPF.

life684

Final Flight
Last edited:

skatingbc

Final Flight
I think the reason they went back to a lovey-dovey program is because it is their strength and seems to be the type of program that they are most comfortable with. If a team or person was in the hunt for the OGM, why wouldn't they use their strength? I think it would be stupid not to.

beep_beep

Medalist
I'm perfectly fine with opinions different than mine about the program. :) No problem.

V/M were the clear and deserving winners here. W/P and B/S were also very, very good surprises.

GPF here we go. Can't wait to see how they'll stack up.
BTW, who made it to GPF?

lmarie086

Medalist
I'm with you Buttercup, I really wanted to like P/B's FD...but I just don't. I think it's a very interesting concept, but perhaps not constructed correctly? I think that's more of a music issue perhaps? But yes, at least Fabian doesn't have face paint!

V/M: I wish they had kept in the vein of Pink Floyd and gone a more modern route, but I can understand why they went a more romantic route for the Olympic season (not the time to be taking a risk stylistically, as much as I wish otherwise). This FD is really starting to grow on me though, and I much prefer the new ending.

W/P: Yes, I like their POTO better than D/W's (and I'm a huge D/W fan, but not a blind one). It's very soft, but still powerful IMO.

S/B: I'm tired of seeing them stuck with such tripe. I'm sorry, but there's no other way to say it really. They deserve so much more choreography wise; everything seems so old-fashioned. She also needs a new dressmaker.

B/S: They're probably my favorite Russian team, and I'm hoping to see them continue to develop. They need new costumes as well...not to mention some speed. With some more speed their skating will become a lot more effective. Still, I say an improvement over last season. I'd really like to see them get to the Olympics, but probably won't happen.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
GPFinalists:

B/A (USA)
D/W (USA)
V/M (CAN)
P/B (FRA)
C/L (ITA)
K/K (GBR)

I could be wrong. Someone please correct me if I am.

i love to skate

Medalist
You could just see the look on Tessa and Scott's face when O Canada was playing...they were totally picturing how it would feel in Vancouver if they manage to win :rock:

Scott is just loveable and happy....joking around with everyone!

life684

Final Flight
GPFinalists:

B/A (USA)
D/W (USA)
V/M (CAN)
P/B (FRA)
C/L (ITA)
K/K (GBR)

I could be wrong. Someone please correct me if I am.

Interesting to note that there are three european teams but not the one you usually expect. The last three european champions have missed the final either due to injury or bad form.

Dyan

On the Ice
Congratulations to the medalists.

I saw a photo of Tessa's FD dress and it's beautiful. Much better than the TEB dress and IMO more suitable for her. I'm glad that V&M apparently put yesterday behind them and skated well today. lmarie086, I agree with you regarding the FD's of V&M and W&P. I would have liked it if D&W's POTO had been choreographed the way W&P's is; I expected as much after last years wonderful Samson & Delilah FD. I also prefer the musical selections that were chosen for W&P's FD. The judges don't seem to feel the same though which for them is the important thing. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that W&P are superior skaters to D&W; it's just W&P's choreography that has people talking.

I do like V&M's FD and it's growing on me as well. Whatever happens in Vancouver, V&M will capture the crowd. That's probably why Zoueva chose Mahler for this season.

I really like P&B's FD but can understand why others do not. While it didn't change things enough to take away from the dance for me, the music makes a difference in how the program comes across. I watched P&B's FD with the original music from French Masters and then the TEB performance with P&B using Requiem for a Dream and again there is a difference. OTOH, perhaps it's not just the music but the theme of the program itself that some don't care for.

At this point though I don't see P&B changing back to the original version of the program; I wonder if they were told to chance their music for some reason.

I'm trying to like S&B more but programs like their FD isn't helping. I guess for now I'll just continue to appreciate their talent as althletes and leave it at that.

missysays

On the Ice
I like the changes to V/M's FD. The ending pose is much better than all the changing and twisting that was happening before.

The new end pose reminded me of a pose that G/G had in a photo of their last program together that the public never saw.

http://www.gg-corner.de/scans/people/1995/19951211_people02.jpg

V/M's is different with Tessa facing into Scott but it's interesting to see how Marina varies and reforms poses and moves from her earlier choreographic inspirations.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Could anyone post a picture of their ending pose please?
I jump on the bandwagon as well, I like W/P phantom much better than D/W!
I'm happy they medalled!

beep_beep

Medalist
It's official.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2009/gpsdance.htm

GPF:
Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
Sinead KERR / John KERR

Given the teams that skated the GP, I'm quite satisfied with this line up.
And the Kerrs get to go!!!! :clap:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
D/W lead by less than a point (though lets be fair, it probably should be closer to six or seven). But it's a good line-up, especially with the D/Ss gone.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm also happy with the GPF lineups. Congratulation for the finalists! I'm glad to see the Kerrs made it for the first time in their career. Good to see that perseverance pays off.

Kinga

Medalist
I cannot find words for V/M program. I am absolutely stunned.
I watched it on justin TV, and normally people chatting there have snarky and ironic comments about absolutely everyone and everything (I am trying not to look at the chat, but it is difficult to avoid). When V/M started their routine, everyone simply shut up.. You could feel that virtually everyone is mesmerized. It was like you would be in an arena where you could hear a pin drop Wow. That was quite something. I was shocked when the program finished. It seemed like it was maybe 2 minutes when they were dancing.

I did not like P/B. It looked a bit recycled from what W/L were doing. It was chaotic, awkward, with awkward positions and sometimes simply ugly. Plus this music becomes really overused. I thought that P/B would come up with a more intersting choice. Instead they are trying too hard to be original in terms of choreography and interpretation. I understand that being voidy is a cool thing, but I would like to see them once in something less 'complicated', less busy and a bit 'calmer' (music, choreography, and less chaotic costumes).