Mens Short Program Friday 19:55 Eastern Time Nov 20th | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Mens Short Program Friday 19:55 Eastern Time Nov 20th

S

sleepyjl

Thanks. I was so surprized about his spins! He wants to appear relaxed but he did struggled out there.

I still love Patrick, but he really needs to perform in more competitions before Vancouver. His near-falls in his spins reminded me of Daisuke's fall during his step sequence in his SP at NHK--obviously he's not match ready yet, but like Daisuke, with a few more competitions under his belt he can rebound quickly.

S

sleepyjl

I still love Patrick, but he really needs to perform in more competitions before Vancouver. His near-falls in his spins reminded me of Daisuke's fall during his step sequence in his SP at NHK--obviously he's not match ready yet, but like Daisuke, with a few more competitions under his belt he can rebound quickly.

Is he going to 4CC?

A good point, but what the discussion has brought up is about Chan's PC scores in this portion of the SC. Was he held up? I think he is one of the many top skaters today but it seemed to me that he was kind of held up in the SP, imo.

My comment on the PC scores is just that they are judges' opinions as the performance scores were in the 6.0 system. They are not quantifiable by those bullets, but are dependent on an opinion. Very easy to give negatives as well as positives to each bullet. And a skater and his coach can challenge only their own scores. I am not sure, and I don't believe, they can challenge other competitors' scores.

macemace1980

Rinkside

Totally agree. At the beginning of the programme, I was thinking his skating was not so bad even though he fell, but after that spin I understand why people here say his PCS is too high. anyway his programme looked messy.

Daiske's fall during the steps at NHK was just awful, it destroyed entire programme.

merrybari

Final Flight
This has been such a topsy-turvy GP for the men with only two skaters, IIRC - Oda and Evan - medalling in both of their events. Anything can happen - and has! No one is invincible and no one has a lock on any of the podium places! imo it's such a "head" game this season especially, that the one with the best work ethic and is strongest mentally and most consistent is likely to be on top in Vancouver.

Meantime they still have to determine the other GPF competitors.

IMO Patrick had too much adrenaline working against him this time. He started out skating so fast that I saw "an accident waiting/looking to happen!" Add that to the pressure of not having skated yet, the new choreo to old music - it's always harder to relearn something than to start fresh imo - and the expectations of others that rest on his shoulders, well - we saw the results. Hopefully he'll put that behind him and do better today. Should be quite a competition! Bring it on!

sadalou

Rinkside
I don't understand why everyone are always complaining about the PCS too high. If you clearly read the definition of PCS you'll see that the scores have nothing to do with the jumps or spins. Skating skills, transitions for exemple are always the same or similar even if the technic is bad. The only points of the PCS that can be affected by a bad technical program are the performance of course and choreography, but the others should be the same. Anyway, his score has been affected cause normally he is in the 8's.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Denis was really great yesterday. He still needs to grows as an artist a bit but he's doing great for his age. I'm looking forward to his free skate. I thought his PCS was a bit low but I guess that comes with the territory... he's fresh to the Senior stage.

prettykeys

Medalist
Denis was really great yesterday. He still needs to grows as an artist a bit but he's doing great for his age. I'm looking forward to his free skate. I thought his PCS was a bit low but I guess that comes with the territory... he's fresh to the Senior stage.
My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I couldn't watch, but I'm very happy with the top 3! If that's how it stays after the LP, that would be great.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Jeremy Abbott dedicated the SP to a friend of his, who died in a skiing accident earlier in the day. Haley Rose Gans was a skater in Colorado Springs, and died at the age of 14. So sad.

Thanks for the link BC. I am glad Jeremy was able to skate well last night.

He did look a bit upset but I had no idea why.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Jeremy Abbott dedicated the SP to a friend of his, who died in a skiing accident earlier in the day. Haley Rose Gans was a skater in Colorado Springs, and died at the age of 14. So sad.

What a story. Thank you for telling, Buttercup :thumbsup: