Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Costumes much better, program much better though still rough around the edges. But they did this in less than a month. Wow. :clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
8 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 1 74.16
LP Out of Africa

Little white dress with white wrist bands? Off White shirt black pants?

triple toe triple toe sequence very nice
huge 3 flipt thow
spins reasonably synch'd
pair spin, slow and not that delightful
music very slow
He more or less misses the triple twist catch and she lands on almost her own

Lifts strong as always
Love the entry to the DS
a little slow and awkward in the DS
spirals
last throw very, very good to end.
Gutsy to have the throw the last move.

Crowd giving them a standing ovation
Heck of a performance for a program put together that quickly

Score 132.55 Season's best 206.75 total (!!)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Great skate and standing o for S/S! :bow:

I LOVE their costumes; it's such a nice change! I hope that trend stays.

i love to skate

Medalist
I liked this program much more than the previous one they had. I'm also very happy to see that they are not looking like trainwrecks for once - in regards to their costumes!

I find the music a bit boring though and they had a horrendous death spiral!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
absolutely loved S/S's program... holy cow...

what a GREAT pairs competition, overall!

beep_beep

Medalist
Aliona and Robin !!!! A lot ot celebrate.

Beautiful, beautiful new FS. Skated cleanly.
Beautiful simple costumes that do them justice.
Aliona didn't hold her blade during the death spiral.
Aliona doesn't look orange.
Robin is so hot (it's not new but... always worth mentioning)
:clap:

132.55, whoa.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Is that a new WR total score? I think it might be! :rock:

ETA: it is! By a fraction of a point. Well done, Robin & Aliona! (and Ingo Steuer).

Last edited:

skfan

Final Flight
wow. just gorgeous for S&S. M&T had amazing composure and nerves, and beautiful landings on the risk elements also. wish there could be more than 1 winning pair. and D&D too--really nice emotional connection. thank goodness for all the music from old movies :love:

life684

Final Flight
they skated very well, and to think the program is only 5 weeks old gives a lot of hope.

S/S, M/T and Z/Z qualifies fro the GPFs

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Oh boy I really loved that program from S&S and I'm really loving S&S. Everything about them. I love their basic look - he so reminds me of Grinkov in his understated composure, grace and expression - and his overall build and style of movement -- his expression and his partnering is absolutely beautiful, so calm, secure, and strong. I love how he takes his time. They've got those classic pairs G&G style proportions - he's tall, handsome, strong, she's petite, long-legged and strong - and very expressive.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
wow. just gorgeous for S&S. M&T had amazing composure and nerves, and beautiful landings on the risk elements also. wish there could be more than 1 winning pair. and D&D too--really nice emotional connection. thank goodness for all the music from old movies :love:

Very proud of M&T - when the strap happened I thought - so much for them. Put their history of shaky lp's together with this wardrobe malfunction and they're toast. Except - they weren't.

Do D&D make the GPF or not?

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Is that a new WR total score? I think it might be! :rock:

ETA: it is! By a fraction of a point. Well done, Robin & Aliona! (and Ingo Steuer).

Did you see Ingo Steuer in the replay, watching their final throw, and then him doing the final gesture along with them? So touching!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Protocols are up. Serious wackiness in S/S's PCS, esp. in the LP. Someone gave them a 10 on P&E. I really liked it, but a ten? :unsure:

skfan

Final Flight
Oh boy I really loved that program from S&S and I'm really loving S&S. Everything about them. I love their basic look - he so reminds me of Grinkov in his understated composure, grace and expression - and his overall build and style of movement -- his expression and his partnering is absolutely beautiful, so calm, secure, and strong. I love how he takes his time. They've got those classic pairs G&G style proportions - he's tall, handsome, strong, she's petite, long-legged and strong - and very expressive.

thank you for putting into words--that something special about robin (aside from his good looks :biggrin: and aliona too of course. takes two to make a pair.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Aliona & Robin's new lp reminded me of Tessa & Scott's FD. Romantic, elegiac, light.
Great choice, guys :clap::rock:

life684

Final Flight
Very proud of M&T - when the strap happened I thought - so much for them. Put their history of shaky lp's together with this wardrobe malfunction and they're toast. Except - they weren't.

Do D&D make the GPF or not?

No D/D do not qualify for GPF, they and Zhangs have got 24 points each and to defeat Zhangs they had to score nearly ~174 but they could only manage ~167

S&S have never been so super wow before.

I still find Pairs,in general, somewhat too acrobatic for my taste, but given what is presented, there are only two teams to acknowledge as the finest this year, and ready to take on the Olys. I will not be upset at the judge's decision for either team.