Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

silverlake22

Record Breaker
wow, not the best night in ladies skating. Mirai should have been in third..... I think Mirai deserved to win the FP personally, she was the only one who didn't fall or double most of her jumps. This is almost sad. I think Laura beat Mirai just because she's pretty....same reason Kiira Korpi got silver in China. This is NOT a beauty pageant people!

ANW

On the Ice
Zhang has a lot of work to do, She gained quite some weight and height too, that certainly causes her a lot of trouble on the jumps.
If this event told us anything [re. US Nats], though, it's that Czisny is still on the map. Telling that she had one of her usual performances and still got triple digits is something Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner should be very concerned about...

figuristka

Medalist
Jjoannie seemed more expressive in this performance. Shame she was not on the jumps tonight but her presentation was wonderful. Hope she skates better at olympics when she won't be the clear favourite. I missed the first group of skaters. Shame Cynthia fell apart , heartbreaking for her. She will have to be better if she hopes to make the olympic team. Love her when she is on.

jan

On the Ice
Mirai is skating to Carmen and she looks as though any music could be playing in the background. She has alot more musicality then this program shows.

bmcc102

Rinkside
Mirai got the highest TES!!!
(Why so low PCS?)

Mirai never really let go in this program. As an audience member, I got the feeling that she was only thinking about the technical stuff. She never really smiled the whole program; she didn't look into the music at all.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Zhang has a lot of work to do, She gained quite some weight and height too, that certainly causes her a lot of trouble on the jumps.

Weight and height is the least of Zhang's problems. It certainly highlighted her poor skating skills and URs. If she had the skills down cold first, getting through her growth spurt was be less troublesome.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Jjoannie seemed more expressive in this performance. Shame she was not on the jumps tonight but her presentation was wonderful. Hope she skates better at olympics when she won't be the clear favourite. I missed the first group of skaters. Shame Cynthia fell apart , heartbreaking for her. She will have to be better if she hopes to make the olympic team. Love her when she is on.

sometimes blank triples are atleast equal to expressive doubles. More CoP unreliabilty.
boo

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
You know what I meant. If she skates like that in Vancouver she won't medal. Joannie was expressive and good to watch - but she made as many mistakes as Mirai

Heh. Her combined score is the season's third highest. And the top two are both Kim. Maybe they should just not award silver and bronze?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If this event told us anything [re. US Nats], though, it's that Czisny is still on the map. Telling that she had one of her usual performances and still got triple digits is something Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner should be very concerned about...

Yeah, I think after this we can say Caroline is out. Mirai and Ashley have a shot, but I think it will be Rachael and Alissa. Also I think it's a blessing in disguise that Alissa didn't win here and go to the GPF, all that pressure before the Olympics will not help here peak at nationals, plus if she went and placed near the bottom that would not help her confidence. We'll see how Ashley does at GPF, but I think at this point Rachael and Alissa have the edge over her

You want CoP overhauled only for ladies?

Yeah, I think so. Ladies figure skating is on its way down the toilet. I don't know if the CoP is specifically to blame, but we can't go on like this.

The CoP does seem to be working OK for the men, though. Mainly because they are capable of fully rotating their jumps.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Mirai is skating to Carmen and she looks as though any music could be playing in the background. She has alot more musicality then this program shows.

You are right. Mirai actually looked upset. Like she was about to have another nationals moment

daisies

Rinkside
She really is not a very good performer. She looks down at the ice a lot and it's hard for people to be drawn into her performance. That's my view on it anyways.

ITA. There was zero performance or interpretation in that program. If you're going to skate to Carmen, you need to become Carmen. Flirt with the audience! She was stone-faced the whole time. But at least that's easy to fix!

i love to skate

Medalist
Protocals are out:
Nagasu had one underrotation and two edge calls.
Alissa had three downgrades
Suzuki one downgrade, two edge calls,
Zhang two edge calls, one downgrade, invlaid jump combo.

Joannie and Laura had no downgrades or calls.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Mirai didn't get one Triple downgraded, she should celebrate that. I think the Double downgrades are easier to fix.

All the flutzers got a big "e" - strict tech caller.