Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

janetfan

Match Penalty
ITA. There was zero performance or interpretation in that program. If you're going to skate to Carmen, you need to become Carmen. Flirt with the audience! She was stone-faced the whole time. But at least that's easy to fix!

In China Mirai outperformed Joannie and had much bigger crowd responses to both programs. In fact she was the favorite with the Chinese audience

I wonder if something was bugging her tonight. She was very flat

koongpa

Rinkside
I'm so disappointed. This national favoritism should go away, DEFINITELY. How come Rochette's PCS improved from CoC?

Yu-na's PCS went down from 66 to 61, and rightly so because of her worse performance. Still, some poster even created a thread to claim that Yu-na's PCS was overscored.

People who say it's CoP being the evil of this sport should realize national favoritism is the bigger enemy. Lacoste and Phaneuf did not deserve higher PCS than Mirai.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols. Mirai had two UR's and two e's.

The Rochette's loop wasn't UR. It's also worth noting that the her choreography was her highest PCS, which was accurate I thought. It's a very well constructed program.

Czisny got hammered for that second triple loop. Underrotated, sequenced AND a fall.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I'm so disappointed. This national favoritism should go away, DEFINITELY. How come Rochette's PCS improved from CoC?

Yu-na's PCS went down from 66 to 61, and rightly so because of her worse performance. Still, some poster even created a thread to claim that Yu-na's PCS was overscored.

People who say it's CoP being the evil of this sport should realize national favoritism is the bigger enemy. Lacoste and Phaneuf did not deserve higher PCS than Mirai.

Joannie was better at SC than she was at COC

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Mirai is skating to Carmen and she looks as though any music could be playing in the background. She has alot more musicality then this program shows.

I was gonna say that. :( Usually I don't agree when people say that - sometimes I know it's presumptuous to say but I sometimes think people don't hear minor melodies and counter rhythms and stuff and notice that elements and sequences are placed to align with them even if the particular skater isn't too musical.

But in this case I have to say I have no idea why that Carmen noise is playing in the background - it has no relationship to anything Mirai is doing and IMO detracts from her skating, which is quite good. It could be any music.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Neither got higher PCS in the FS, though I do think Phaneuf still was overscore there a little.

With these results, it looks like a tie between Flat, Czisny and Akiko. But I believe Akiko with the one win will break that tie.

Kim
Ando
Rochette
Leonova
Wagner
Akiko

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I was gonna say that. :( Usually I don't agree when people say that - sometimes I know it's presumptuous to say but I sometimes think people don't hear minor melodies and counter rhythms and stuff and notice that elements and sequences are placed to align with them even if the particular skater isn't too musical.

But in this case I have to say I have no idea why that Carmen noise is playing in the background - it has no relationship to anything Mirai is doing and IMO detracts from her skating, which is quite good. It could be any music.

There really was no choreography in her Carmen. The music section that Katarina used for her enticing posing section was where Mirai basically stroked around in and out of her jumps.

IMHO, Mao is the skater the comes the closest to matching her footwork to the rhythm of her music, especially in the Masquerade.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Very interesting GPF. I could've never guessed the competitors at the beginning of the season.

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks for the protocals. I think both Joannie and Laura have very good jumps, on the right edge. I enjoyed Joannie's performance dispite the mistakes. Alissa didn't let her mistakes affect her too much. Mirai was quite good but i agree, she skates like she is thinking all about the jumps and does not interprite the music.

katakwan

Rinkside
Congratulation!
She got the highest PCS 62.88 in her figure skating history.
I mean she played the best LP.
I really appreciate Joannie ROCHETTE for watching her BEST LP.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Subpar performances from all of the ladies tonight. Falls, step outs, ur's, popped jumps, not skating with the music, walking on the ice, jerking on the ice, very disappointing competition for me.