Mai Interviews Mao | Golden Skate

Mai Interviews Mao

Bennett

Record Breaker
http://chubu.yomiuri.co.jp/tokushu/supotomo/supotomo091108_1.htm
in Japanese.

(Mai): Did the GP series outcomes make you feel down?

Mao: Yeah, but I am fine. I don't have anything that I haven't decided.

Even Mao can fail. You have had both good times and bad times. There is nothing you can do about your failures but to forget them.

Mao; No, there's not. It's only the mental issue. I can pull myself together at the next time. Nothing other than that.

When you and I performed for the first time at a comp, you were placed 5th.

Mao; Yes, I was. I remember.

The same as then. You can think that you returned to the starting point.

Mao: Yeah. I could think that I have gone back to the starting point and do it all over again. I'll do my best with such a frame of mind.

How did you like France?

Mao: Croissant was very tasty.

Good. Are you talking about breakfast at the hotel?

Mao: Yeah. After I had three pieces and became full, they brought ones that were just baked. So disappointing. I wish if I could have had them.

It would have been better if you had waited until they came.

Mao: Yeah. I wanted to see Aero, Tiara, and Komachi (their dogs). I missed them.

Did the media ask you many questions after CoR?

Mao: yeah, but it was right after the comp and I didn't quite understand.

When they ask you next time why you failed, why dont you ask them back what they thought themselves?

Mao: (Yeah,) because it is important to hear opinions from various ppl.

----------
The last answer of Mao is not only cute for being a little off, but also impressive for the innocence and defenselessness.:) How can she remain like that?

-----
Mai notes that Mao is satisfied with the music and programs so that she would not be anxious.
ETA: She also notes that usually they barely talk about skating, but would talk about shopping and favorite sweets. Mao spend a lot of time abroad so that she takes her time tasting Japanese sweets, according to Mai.

Last edited:
What a perfect interview - to be "grilled" by your protective elder sister and fellow skater. But we get to see a little more of the real Mao. :love:

Can't you do it? Yes, of course I can do it! Don't you wish you'd waited for the really fresh croissants? Oh yes, why couldn't I wait? WTH is with those journalists and their dumb Qs? Right, let them answer their own ridiculous Qs!

Maybe Mai is Mao's secret weapon. :rock:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Both sound very gentle and relaxed in their language. I wish if I could translate such nuances into English.