Akiko Suzuki's next season | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki's next season

Bennett

Record Breaker
I feel that Akiko's Olympic chance is not a sure thing. Whether she makes it or not, I wonder if she continues to skate next season. Despite her age and relatively long career, she is still a new comer at the GPF sircuit. I feel that she is too good to retire at the end of this season.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I feel that Akiko's Olympic chance is not a sure thing. Whether she makes it or not, I wonder if she continues to skate next season. Despite her age and relatively long career, she is still a new comer at the GPF sircuit. I feel that she is too good to retire at the end of this season.

I guess Akiko's future is up to her and will depend on several different factors.
I agree that she is a delightful skater and most skating fans would be happy to see her continue competing next year.

Rinkside
Yeah, this might be just a beginning of good skating career that is ahead of her. This season she has a good chance of making it to the Olympic team or the Worlds or both. Additionally, Yukari, Fumie and Miki may retire (all of them or some of them) and it may be a great chance for Akiko. Of course, I am aware that there are some good junior skaters in Japan who will move to senior ranks next season, but still.
Bennett, from what I gather, you are Japanese or at least understand Japanese language. Don't you know what are Akiko's plans for the next season? Doesn't she give any interviews? Is she popular in Japan now? After all, she and Miki are the only Japanese female skaters to win gold at Grand Prix competition this season. I just think that it is sad we know quite a lot about Mao, Miki, Yukari and Fumie, but we know so little about Akiko.