GPF Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

GPF Pairs SP

schiele

Final Flight
Ok, just watched it. It was definetely worth the watch and I have a suspicion it'll be better than Ladies (again) :) It's so suprising to see how good the pairs are this season. I simply cannot chose definetely among my favourites, which are many..
But I simply do not get how K&S got such a low score? Ok I see non of the elements were clean apart from SbS spins and I'm so unhappy about their performance but I still do not get the damn score. Can somebody explain it to me?

schiele

Final Flight
That means they have made a major mistake on that element.

When they were changing directions, she slipped away and he had to pull her back by hand. Is this the problem, although I cannot see why it would cause an invalid element.. What a shame, I love P&T! :rock:

schiele

Final Flight
I agree! I love the music, except for the abrupt ending. Just comes out of nowhere and they are never quite prepared for it! :laugh:

As far as I know, this is the rendition by David Garrett, from his last album..
I also quite dislike the ending, it builds up and up but all of a suddent fades out with an abrupt end without a real highlight.. The music edit should be fixed!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG! Masha and Max will be in the final group for the LP . . . I'm SO HAPPY for them! I :love: them SO MUCH!! What a thrilling turn-around from last season; they've been on such an impressive high lately!

Also congrats to Shen & Zhao and Aliona & Robin! It seems like Shen/Zhao never missed a beat from 2007 Worlds; they've picked up right where they left off, which is so amazing! I'd love to see these 3 teams make up the podium here. I'm really looking forward to the LP! :yes::clap::love:

Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program

Ditto that. The woman is mesmerizing. I am so glad they are back skating, at least for this season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As to K&S's score, when every element is iffy, the GOE of every element will be low. And because the problem is spread throughout the program, the PCS suffers, too.

As my grandma used to say, "A mickle & a mickle makes a muckle."

My mother's version would be, "Save the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves."

In recent politics, "A billion here and a billion there and soon you're talking about real money."

Little Stuff adds up to a big difference.

schiele

Final Flight
As to K&S's score, when every element is iffy, the GOE of every element will be low. And because the problem is spread throughout the program, the PCS suffers, too.

As my grandma used to say, "A mickle & a mickle makes a muckle."

My mother's version would be, "Save the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves."

In recent politics, "A billion here and a billion there and soon you're talking about real money."

Little Stuff adds up to a big difference.

I love those quotes! :laugh::laugh:
Well I can see how negative GOE's all over the place contributed to a lower score but I still think it's too low and I am still very pissed off. I hope they'll prove what they are worth in the LP..

colleen o'neill

Medalist
doris ...my mother's ( and her mother's before her) version was a little different :
" Every mickle makes a muckle , as the old woman said a'ter she spit in the ocean"

Still, what a pleasure to see such a well skated event that the result really is founded the quality of what everyone did rather than who managed not to have an utter disaster !

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight