GPF Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

GPF Pairs SP

Hikaru

Final Flight
Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program

ITA with you Joe... she really extends her arms and fingers, even the way she holds her edge after the throw jumps, she's awesome. I remember while reading the book "The Second Mark", how they said about Xue really working hard on every practice, trying to perfect herself, being a fighter, which was a contrast to her off-ice personality. Still, I think there's something about skating that transforms her... it can't be taught, just like you said.

Binthere

On the Ice
Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program

Agree as well with you Joesitz. :agree:

I think that she is a master at "finishing" her movements. Just when you think the element like a throw has been completed with total elan, she extends the movement at least one nuance further with an arch to her back, a lean to her neck line. It is almost feline how she combines her stretch as a sign of sheer power. She is a virtuoso.

hongligl

Final Flight
ITA with you! Love Xue to pieces! She looks so tiny and quiet off-ice but once she's on the ice she's bigger than life:) She just exudes charm, grace and mean while power from every muscle.

herios

Medalist
When they were changing directions, she slipped away and he had to pull her back by hand. Is this the problem, although I cannot see why it would cause an invalid element.. What a shame, I love P&T! :rock:

I watched it on youtube, when they changed direction, she slipped away and put BOTH HER FEET DOWN. That makes the element zero.

schiele

Final Flight
I watched it on youtube, when they changed direction, she slipped away and put BOTH HER FEET DOWN. That makes the element zero.

Oh just checked this thread.. Thanks for the explanation, I was just going thru the SP video again and wondering what happened. :)