People visiting Golden Skate | Golden Skate

People visiting Golden Skate

Yay! We have 0.0017% of all traffic on the Internet!

And not only that, but if you click on "demographics" you will see that the great majority of Golden Skate members are college educated, and most do not have children.

Last edited:
What happened to the 45-54 year olds???

I don't think we can take the demographic information too seriously. The compilers of this information do not know how old we are, etc. Note that all the guesses on the demographics page say, "confidence: poor."

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I don't think we can take the demographic information too seriously. The compilers of this information do not know how old we are, etc. Note that all the guesses on the demographics page say, "confidence: poor."

Actually, all the information from Alexa about who is visiting Goldenskate is bogus. I thought Alexa only tracks users who have the Alexa software installed on their computers, which I presume is a small minority of GS users.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Interesting. I never thought I would hang around Golden Skate this long....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Me too! I've been here since Golden Skate was a part of about.com.............42 (not my age, although I wish it were)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Oh yes, I'm older. 80 Didn't think I'd even live this long. LOL

Haven't figured out how to use the smilies, I guess. Clicked on them and nothing happened. Woe is me.:love:
Just figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:laugh::laugh: I never tell, on principle..because I think people should talk to each other without any pigeonholing...but I've been used to telling people I've been watching skating for some 30 yrs.

Well, this thread prompted me to actually figure it out...Whoops! it's 47 yrs...how time flies.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I also joined when it was on about. Don't know if they still have one. First time I wrote on it was about Sonja Heinie. (Forgot how to spell it.) First answer I received was from Rgirl. Sure wonder what ever happened to her. She had some physical problems and just dropped out. Think she was going to have some back surgery. I miss her so much. She was so funny. We also corresponded privately. I really wonder if she's still around. Had such a good time with her. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
haven't seen RGirl in ages :no: I don't think any of us are still in contact with her, she's just sort of disappeared.

gio

Medalist
haven't seen RGirl in ages :no: I don't think any of us are still in contact with her, she's just sort of disappeared.

Hope she is ok!

About older users, it's amazing that you use internet and chat in forums. :clap:
My grandmothers don't even know how to use a computer. Well they don't want to learn to use it. I said that I'll give them my old computer, but they didn't want it.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I too have been around since the "about" days and remember when Toni was still a teenybopper in high school and now she is all grown up! I too have often wondered what happened to Rgirl - I loved her posts - will never forget "war and pairs!"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I too have been around since the "about" days and remember when Toni was still a teenybopper in high school and now she is all grown up! I too have often wondered what happened to Rgirl - I loved her posts - will never forget "war and pairs!"

oh dear... yeah... hopefully I've mellowed in my "old age" :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I heard from her about 2 years ago--she had numerous medical problems and was also having problems with her computer at the time. I hope she's OK!

I've been here since the about.com era too. They still have a skating about. It isn't a forum per se, though. It is run by a woman named JoAnn Schneider Farris, who is the mother of some young skaters.

Last edited: