Grand Prix Final: Mens SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens SP

S

sleepyjl

I am happy for Daiske & Evan.
Both of them were wonderful today!

Looking forward to watching LPs. I love all their LPs especially Evan's.
I feel really sad Brian isn't at GPF though.

I love Evan, but can somebody please get him a stylist??? His Chicken Little costumes have already been commented upon, but what is up with his hair??? It's even worse than Ross's hair in Friends. NO TO HELMET HEAD!!!!

S

sleepyjl

hah Just because one makes it look easy, doesn't actually make it easy. After all, his skating style has always been that, airy and light. He has had great footwork in both programs this year, steps are level 3.
I demand to see the pdf scores for this baby. ;)
Even though I suspect I already know what this is, the fact that he skated earlier. Classic figure skating judging.

Sir Lysacek has some funny scores however. And I thought they were funny when he got 79 for a SP with no proper 3A or quad. ;)

Ah, enough scores ranting. Great competition.

All I know is Johnny's finishing move in his SP is just creepy.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I got back and watched tonight taka's and weir's program 3 times in a row. I soooo liked them, Weir just flies and Taka... i think his performance is one for the ages!!!
I just wanted to end the day with a positive vibe :) cause concerning gpf i was all day girl_hysteric.gif
now i m fine :D

Yes, I went back and watched them as well. Such wonderful skating!

I'd say Lysacek did deserve 2nd behind Takahashi. It should have been a far wider gap, of course, but I appreciated a couple of the choreographic details more this time and think the program is quite good (even if Weir does have stronger skating skills). His arm movements after the Flip are, dare I say, interesting and beginning of his circular step sequence is a great moment.

I am happy Weir gave a strong performance, of course, but it's difficult because he just isn't the skater he used to be. His musical interpretation simply doesn't have the uniqueness and effect that it used to.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
All I know is Johnny's finishing move in his SP is just creepy.

It is very sexual. As if he is tasting and wiping off a certain...

Oh jeez, I can't even say it on this forum.

I kind of liked it, though.

prettykeys

Medalist
Creepy? :laugh: Oh honey. :chorus:

Anyway, I approve, JWe, I approve. :cool: (Where is a pervy smiley when I need one?)
hahahaha

No matter what, I will always have a soft spot for Johnny. I just realized that also sounds pervy, but I mean he just seems like a sweet-heart and even if he's not skating his best I always cheer for him.

Plus, what other male skater wears an outfit with sequined pink ribbons? hehehe :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wicked

Final Flight
Johnny looks different -- did he cut his hair or slick it back? He reminds me of a very young Elvis Presley. ;)

I read this before watching the competition and thought, oh god nooooo! But I actually think it's a good look for him. Kind of like- Elvis, the pink period.

Watching these SPs together really showcases how great they all are. Please, Tomas and Jeremy, get it together before the LP. You guys are better than this. Show it.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Just got back from a trip so I didn't get to watch... sounds like I missed a great competition :cry:

It is SO great the way Evan has handled the pressure this year. :clap: Keep it up!! :agree:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Originally Posted by Layfan
It is SO great the way Evan has handled the pressure this year. Keep it up!!
Indeed.:agree: Mental toughness and consistency really matters. IMHO, Evan really utilizes the best of what he got. Good for him.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It is SO great the way Evan has handled the pressure this year. :clap: Keep it up!! :agree:

He is a changed man from last year at this time. It is a joy watching him skate since March the way he is so confident and so carefree. Watching him rejoice over hitting 85.5 with Frank was a special moment. I just hope he can maintain this consistency.

schiele

Final Flight
I love Evan, but can somebody please get him a stylist??? His Chicken Little costumes have already been commented upon, but what is up with his hair??? It's even worse than Ross's hair in Friends. NO TO HELMET HEAD!!!!

Oh, this was priceless.. just woke up and read this and :rofl:
Actually, whenever I see Evan and his hair, the first thing that comes to my mind is Ross.. But then again he never wore chicken suits and feathery shoulder pads with see through nipple tops on Friends.. :laugh::laugh:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I have actually enjoyed Evan's SP this time because I kept telling myself during his performance that Evan is a bird, he is portraying a bird. It worked.:biggrin: He was like a black hawk, so fast and furious. It worked with the music. But 89.85?:eek: