GP Final: FD | Golden Skate

GP Final: FD

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Warm-up: K/K the most popular of the first three. C/P just did good twizzles. Not sure if C/L (L) stumbled or if he just bailed on the end of their step sequence (quite close to the boards).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Crone/Poirier: Lovely. As a team, I still class them in the "pretty but unexciting" category, but there's no denying they have a clear concept of what they want to do. I'm not sure it's a great fit for them, but it's wonderfully put together. I particularly love the twizzle section and the combination lift (I'm less enthused about their stationary rotational lift, but it's them so I can let it go). Don't like her costume still. The crowd didn't seem into it, but applause is solid afterwards

beep_beep, I'm contemplating going to work late so I can watch ice dance.

84.30 in FD. That race for the second spot for Canada is gonna be a barnburner.

herios

Medalist
C&P changed the end of their program....I don`t know if I like this one better, i have to rewatch

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
C/P are going to be big. They are really smooth and Paul is a great skater.
At this point I like the canadian number twos (C/P, W/P) better than the canandian number one...

bluelutz

On the Ice
Can I watch this for free?
A Korean person, who did the live feed of Ladies, pulled off the plug after Kim.:scratch:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte: Issues. Mistakes in their twizzles and the step sequence wasn't as natural as I've seen it from them. They changed the program a bit too, and I think I preferred the older version (it was more intense, which suits the music). I hope this is behind C/P in the FD.

Kinga

Medalist
I have issues with his outfit. I know it should be in the character of the music, yet his untidy shirt just distracts me. Her make up does not do her any favour either (although I guess it fits the music)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Kerr/Kerr: Solid skate. Are they slow because it seems that way online? That transition lift is a gem, though.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I have issues with his outfit. I know it should be in the character of the music, yet his untidy shirt just distracts me. Her make up does not do her any favour either (although I guess it fits the music)

I've been meaning to defend her make-up. Yeah, it goes with the music and concept (he's the addict, she's the drug), and I think she should be simultaneously alluring (the grin she gives in the straight line lift is the single most lascivious thing I've seen in figure skating) and slightly off-putting.