Grand Prix Final: Mens LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

jcoates

Medalist
Clean-ish from Johnny but a bit cautious and wobbly on a couple of landings.

He also did not max out his combos. He needs to fix that particular issue if the men stay this closely bunched together. Something that small could make the difference at Olympics.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Johnny was on tonight....he landed all his triple jumps....his 3As are a thing of beauty. However, I feel he needs more complex intricate moves, especially into his jumps in order to compete with Jeremy & Evan because at this point it comes down to the little things/splitting hairs because ALL the American Men are that good!!!!!! Great in fact, they make me proud to be an American, cliche but true!:bow::thumbsup::love::cool:

Trewyn

Medalist
He's like a male ballerina, fluid, graceful, beautiful, flows from one element into another, poetry, pure poetry out there. Ahhh...

Yeah! I was thinking too that Jeremy is very balletic! Johnny's program is interesting; it had me hooked at least all the way through the circular steps. It's quite feminine. I also notice the landings on the jumps aren't always gorgeous, but they're not messy either. He's a lefty, right?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Johnny needs to learn to get those combinations in. He left one out yet again.

No actual "mistakes" here, however. A strong skate.

His program is nowhere near as good as he is capable of, though. Very formulaic and doesn't even really have any great high moments.

hongligl

Final Flight
Jonny's pat on his left leg after the program was so funny, as if saying, thank you for landing all the jumps:).

What I don't like the program is too much touching faces and hair
He's jumps look so small, very low off the ice.

daisies

Rinkside
If the quad was not fully rotated, would the three jump combo count??? It would be his third triple toe.
Yes. It's still called a 4T, but would have a downgrade mark. As long as there aren't more than two "3T" on the protocol, it's OK!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Very nice skate from Jeremy no to crazy about his program though. Johnny was clean, good for him.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Oda will go behind Johnny in the FS after that, but probably still stay ahead overall because of his SP.

Trewyn

Medalist
How can Oda get triple axel problems after landing a stunning 3A-3T. Still nice skate though; his landings are like butter, especially after watching Johnny. I admit I wouldn't mind having Oda win the Olympics as Charlie Chaplin :D.

Kinga

Medalist
I have the feeling that Oda is capable of doing 3A-4T. It looks like there is time and space for an additional turn in 3T..
Anyway, his today's performance was a bit tenative.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oda just popped two jumps (both axels), but landed all the rest, but have to say I'm not as impressed by this program like I was at the very beginning of the season. Now that I've seen ALL the mens' programs, Oda's seems rather immature & childish compared to Jeremy's for one. But then again it does suit Oda, he comes across as a bit juniorish & young compared to the older more experienced men. JMHO. He should place first though, thus far. :)

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Somewhat disappointing performance from Nobunari. :-( Would it have been wiser to go for 4/3/3 like he was hitting in practices? I personally don't think he's particularly got the charisma, so a crazy combo like that would've definitely added spice.

Kinga

Medalist
Oda was doing 4-3-3 in practice and doesn't even show a quad here.

That is a bit disappointing. I thought he really needed it to fight for the 1st place. It looked like he gave up. He also needs to work on speed in his 1st step sequence.

Italian commentators: 'Evan, always super-elegant'. HAve they seen his previous costume??? :biggrin:

Last edited: