Grand Prix Final: Mens LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

luvsasha

Final Flight
Oh, good :biggrin:
I couldn't imagine anybody saying he didn't deserve the PCS he got for the Flamenco program. It was full of (as you say) real choreography

janetfan

Match Penalty
Oh ok, I m happy then.... But in Olympics I will be more happy if Russians are happy:laugh: I dont care what greeks would feel:p

I think Evan should switch to mullet hair style. It would look good seeing two mullets on the Olympic podium ;)

schiele

Final Flight
As has been said many times, you can't accurately compare scores across competition, particularly PCS.

Unlike TES, there is not codified standard for what constitutes an 8.00 versus a 9.00.

If the ISU had a chart somewhere I'd give you more credit for your argument.

The same was true under 6.0 as well. At least PCS is more explicit in what it's looking for than 6.0 artistic impression/presentation was.

This was field of the fall's top finishers. It should be expected that this would be treated like a final group at Worlds or Olympics where PCS would be similarly high.

BTW, despite not being able to fairly compare one panel's scores to another, my personal opinion is that Evan's program and performance were better than some of the other 80 plus PCS scores I've seen (Joubert and Plushenko in particular).

As far as I can remember, Joubert never got anything over 80. He does not get 80 plus PSC as ppl seem to assume. That's only for Plush, Lambiel, Dai and Evan. Lambiel the only truely deserving party there..

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Yo Evan, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Lambiel had the best program components of all time.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This event defies comment and I won't even bother. Clearly the scoring was ludicrous. Two things that do come to mind:

* I know Jenny Kirk's blog is officially on hiatus, but I want to see if she will have the integrity to write a follow up post on PCS favoritism. Somehow I really doubt it. :unsure:

* I love that Johnny Weir is going to make the USFSA send him to Vancouver, which I'm guessing is the last thing they wanted before the season started. Good for Johnny :clap:.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Whenever I see Evan's 3A, I think of Mao. Identical to my naked eyes.

Apparently then you don't see so well and certainly don't know enough to be a judge. ;) :)

The judges are watching Evan like a hawk and if his 3A becomes unacceptable they will ding him on it.

Personal opinions of the Evan bashers mean nothing. It is just so much internet chatter.

It is equally assinine to compare his marks to Plushy or Joubert or even Lambiel.
Watch again - and you might see those three were not competing at this years GPF.

Their scores - from other competitions - and even from other years - are totally irrelevant.
But they are necessary for the bashers who can't accept that Evan won. :scratch:

The bashers should go back to sucking their lemons ;)

ISU and CoP scoring wanted figure skating to be a more ahtletic and a more competitive sport.

Evan is undoubtably and undeniably one of skating's best competitors. What he does at his height is twice as difficult as what the short little skaters do.
Congratulations are in order to the 2009 Men's GPF champion. :yes:

Last edited:

mganders

Rinkside
You're welcome. Sometimes reading some of the comments here is like being in junior high with a bunch of 13 year old girls.

Sorry, I'm just irritated because some fans can't let others enjoy a moment for their favorites...ever. We all stayed up all night to watch this. It would be nice if some would show a little maturity.

I totally agree. Every year there comes a point when I stop reading the boards because people get so catty and generaly nasty. It serves no purpose. As one of many who come to goldenskate looking for informed analysis, the immature and unsportsmanlike comments are terribly disappointing.

enlight78

Medalist
Evan was the cleanest skater and rightfully run; I would agree with him having the highest pcs in this long i just don't agree with degree of seperation. Evan has choreograghy and this is the most elegent and in tune with the music I seen him in the past three years. His line are spot on and amazing and he has great solid spins and footwork. Even though his program is not complex and creative it does hit all the key points and he exels at it; I wanted to say Oda was robbed but after watching the program i couldn't do anything but clap for him; Jeremy or Oda could have won if they went clean;Jeremy mest up the short; Oda drop about 12pts with is poped axels; Poor Dia; I hope Abbot; Johnny; and Evan all go to the olympics. Actually I think the men were the only discaplin majorlly over scored;

Bennett

Record Breaker
Nobu is the male version of Yuna in terms of GOE on jumps. He gets huge ones. I actually feel that GOE is also like a reputation score. No? He is very consistent in the big GOE.

Perhaps he overthought about his Axel though.

He was a bit stiff here and I understand his relatively low PCS.

What happened to Evan's PCS? World Champ effect?

Dai is also judges' favorite! Wow.

But he had such a meltdown. So so shaky. Still was interesting to watch though.

Tomas was completely off tonight. A pop after a pop. The program also looked dull. Kind of slow and a lot of resting.

I feel that Jeremy deserved better PCS tonight.

Johnny was fab tonight. I feel that his SP is a bit too much in terms of the taste, but his LP is great. He got plus GOE on Flip with !. Cool. I wish he had more combos. Did he have any?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think Evan should switch to mullet hair style. It would look good seeing two mullets on the Olympic podium ;)

I m not ready for this yet.:unsure: And a dozen sodas wouldnt help either.:laugh::p

I m upset with Oda, why he didnt go for at least a quad in Lp, not to say the 4-3-3 he was brilliantly jumping in practice? No he is not the quad king as was declared in the other thread, sorry, this was a great opportunity for him to start landing it, he needed it to win and it would have been great for Olympic Preparation. Is it Morozovs tactic to play it safe again?
At least he will skip Nationals, thats great:clap:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I think it good that Nobu didn't try the quad. Dai might have done better than Nobu. Here it was most important to get the Olympic ticket ASAP. He could try his quad at Nationals. If he skated later than Dai, perhaps he went for it though.