Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

R.D.

Record Breaker
Unfortunately,no nailbiting. Not the best from the competitors in this unexciting event.
Says it all.

That said, there were some surprises (Like I hoped!) But if I had to choose a surprise bronze medalist to hope for it would NOT have been Akiko Suzuki :laugh:

katakwan

Rinkside
But, that's what really happened. Having the blades damaged on the day of the competition is a big matter! And she clarified that "she doesn't believe that the blade should be blamed for her performance".

Yes, she talked about skipping a flip at TEB because she felt something on the ice (she also added "I don't know, i just couldn't jump) Why? because journalists asked about it first. However, she still said later it was her fault anyway if there was any mistake.

At SA where she bombed her LP, she never mentioned about her skate boot as a reason for the failure. It's just that media pple saw her tightening up her left boot again right before the performance and "guessed" that it could've been a reason. And she changed her left boot afterwards. You don't change your skating boots for fun.

I'm just worried that you'll still hate if Yuna says 'I couldn't perform well because of my injuries', which was her 'excuses' for two seasons (06-07 & 07-08). For your info, she said she was in good condition at all the competitions this year.

I hope that you try to understand the circumstances and context first before reaching the conclusion just with some stupid Youtube videos and exaggerated news articles.

I was feeling your love towards Yu-Na:love:, but truly recommending you to stop defending Yu-Na against attacks by anti-YuNa. Whatever Yu-Na's dong, s/he always hates her.;)

figurejennah

On the Ice
The media is watching her with a microscope and ask her all kinds of questions. She has been simply answering those questions. Should she not answer them? I have seen two Japanese sports programs ONLY discussing why Yu-Na skipped her flip at TEB. They interviewed her and even Shizuka Arakawa about it. It is HER who doesn't want to draw attention to those little things. She is stronger than you think.

Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven. I really wonder if Kwan back in the days got comments like OMG her spirals and presentations are so not all that.

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist
Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven.
ROFL

:agree:

Ugly words reflect ugly people.

chloepoco

Medalist
Here's one thing I learned from this forum. Some certain people here will always say horrible things about Yuna, and then later attack Yuna fans for being crazy ubbers. They don't really look at what they write. To them, Yuna is always an over scored average mingling who should never win. To them, Yuna's 3-3 is always UR, but their favorite skaters' 3-2 should be praised like the skating from the heaven. I really wonder if Kwan back in the days got comments like OMG her spirals and presentations are so not all that.

But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?

figurejennah

On the Ice
But aren't you, in essence, doing the same thing?

Well, I don't remember saying that someone 's 3-2 was underrotated or the skater should shut her mouth or blah blah. I did say that some skaters receiving huge PCS was unfair. And do I think that someone like Yuna who executes a much difficult program with 3-3 deserves a higher pcs and score overall? Yes. Do they? No. Without a justified reasoning, it's always about Yuna being overrated and full of excuses. Of course I don't think Yuna is perfect, but if there are controversial issues such as her 3-3 being DG (which the 9 other judges agreed and gave positive GOE), then yes, I will argue about it. Now that Yuna did 3-2 instead of 3-3 in her LP, what's next? She doesn't challenge herself enough? ;)

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
Do you mean he has always been saying horrible things to a particular skater? Give us some links.

No, not about a particular skater; other posters. But that's neither here nor there, and I'd rather not get into it as this is not the place for it.

prettykeys

Medalist
Now that Yuna did 3-2 instead of 3-3 in her LP, what's next? She doesn't challenge herself enough? ;)
Even when YuNa was consistently doing her 3-3 (until this LP, in fact! due to that dumb DG call in her SP) -- certain people were saying she was "complacent" and not challenging herself enough.

I've mostly learned to shrug it off. Those people really aren't worth fighting with anymore, let them live their sad lives tearing certain athletes down.

prettykeys

Medalist
No, not about a particular skater; other posters. But that's neither here nor there, and I'd rather not get into it as this is not the place for it.
Your point is irrelevant and non-sequitur and baselessly criticizing figurejennah. You may not say it directly, but you're implying she's a hypocrite.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Perhaps so, but what about those stupid Youtube Japanese/Korean hate vids that come up every time you search for a skater? These users tag their hate vids with the names of just about every major skater competing today so their vids pop up every time you do a search :rolleye: there are crazies on BOTH sides.

prettykeys

Medalist
Perhaps so, but what about those stupid Youtube Japanese/Korean hate vids that come up every time you search for a skater? These users tag their hate vids with the names of just about every major skater competing today so their vids pop up every time you do a search :rolleye: there are crazies on BOTH sides.
I don't know what your point is? :scratch: We're talking about posts on Golden Skate.

figurejennah

On the Ice
Your point is irrelevant and non-sequitur and baselessly criticizing figurejennah. You may not say it directly, but you're implying she's a hypocrite.

Haha thank you for defending me. I am sure you can tell from my posts that I do really adore Yuna, but I don't think I criticized other skaters in a hypocritical manner. :p

newvie

Rinkside
I was feeling your love towards Yu-Na:love:, but truly recommending you to stop defending Yu-Na against attacks by anti-YuNa. Whatever Yu-Na's dong, s/he always hates her.;)

I defend any skater who is hated for no reason. I didn’t know that person was a pure Yuna hater and I also thought it was possible that people could misunderstand her if they had only exaggerated and biased information.

I’m a fan of skaters who are doing great. I may not love Yuna if she no longer performs wonderfully, for example, next year/season. However, I will still defend her if she gets attacked for incorrect information or any reason irrelevant to figure skating.

Yeah, I know haters wouldn’t listen to whatever I say, but I still shared my opinion because I saw someone else (who didn’t seem to be anti-Yuna) complaining she was always making excuses. So, my post was for her/him/them as well :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't know what your point is? :scratch: We're talking about posts on Golden Skate.

To me, it seems as if some are out to prove that everyone is against Yuna. I'm just pointing out the obvious: there are plenty of Yuna fans that cross the line, too.

prettykeys

Medalist
Haha thank you for defending me. I am sure you can tell from my posts that I do really adore Yuna, but I don't think I criticized other skaters in a hypocritical manner. :p
Yes, you haven't. :) I am quite alert to mean comments directed at any skater, and I tend to notice pattern behaviours and attitudes.