Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Alena is even more clunky and juniorish tonite than usual. But she's a great fighter, and I respect her for that.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I really don't think Leonova has to go for this shabby showgirl thing...

janetfan

Match Penalty
Jo looks absolutely gutted :cry:

She hasn't truly delivered for quite some time. I"m starting to get really worried about her.

I really hope none of the Canadian skaters are crumbling under the pressure. It's always very sad to see skaters imploding.

OUCH. 95.

Joannie was held up just to qualify for the final. She has skated poorly all season. Why a surprise now?

mishieru07

On the Ice
I feel bad for Joannie, but the 56 PCS is kinda :eek:. I know she didn't fall, but that is a little too high, no?

Welcome to the GPF. Where have you been?
(Seriously, go check the other disciplines. Evan just set a new World Record for PCS and S/Z set a World Record for LP with flawed performances)

Alena should not place ahead of Akiko with the multiple mistakes skate. Not sure about Wagner.

gold12345

Medalist
Leonova didn't have her usual spunk. She was probably nervous to be in medal position. And it didn't help that she messed up nearly every jump. Ouch.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
1. Akiko
2. Wagner
3. Leonova
4. Rochette

If the results are fair so far.

jcoates

Medalist
They aren't the only ones. Look at Mao, Miki and Yuna.

(I won't even mention JP men...)

Yes, but with Olympics being at home it's even worse. I forget the name of it, but the Canadian OC has this "podium drive" they are pushing for all the disciplines that been ratcheting up the pressure for years.

Hope she recovers, because when the program is clean its lovely.

beep_beep

Medalist
Poor Alena :no:, she looks like she's going to cry on the KnC...
That skate was bad...
And placed behind Joannie... (that I think I question, she at least went for the jumps)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Akiko will medal! Which means that she gets to go the olys! Congrat, Akiko. So happy for her!:clap::clap::clap:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Akiko will medal! Which means that she gets to go the olys! Congrat, Akiko. So happy for her!:clap::clap::clap:

I thought it was the highest GPF finisher who gets an auto-spot? So doesn't that mean we have to wait until Miki's done...?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That 3T in the 2Axel-3Toe will definitely be downgraded.

This time it actually deserves to be downgraded.

A very good performance from Yu-Na, though!

I would personally place Akiko higher, but would have Yu-Na first overall considering the SP.

mishieru07

On the Ice
It's highest GPF placer I think. So that depends on Miki.

Kim seems very tense tonight. Decent skate, but certainly not her best.

I'm not getting her LP music ... must be my hatred for "colour" pieces.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
What a gutsy performance. Love the simple and refined program. Lots of love from Japanese fans before she started, which was nice to see/hear.