The source for modern spin positions | Golden Skate

The source for modern spin positions

:clap::clap::clap::love:

Also, the (single) jumps were really nice. A different kind of skating. The important thing was the flow out of the landing and the integration of the jumps within the choreography of the whole program. We have kind of lost that with the emphasis on how many times we can rotate in the air.

What a great scene with Queen Elizabeth at the end. :yes:

The important thing was the flow out of the landing and the integration of the jumps within the choreography of the whole program. We have kind of lost that with the emphasis on how many times we can rotate in the air.
We?
:chorus:

Penny

On the Ice
wonderful layback. Some of our 2009 ladies could learn from her.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Also, the (single) jumps were really nice. A different kind of skating. The important thing was the flow out of the landing and the integration of the jumps within the choreography of the whole program. We have kind of lost that with the emphasis on how many times we can rotate in the air.

Well, she was the first woman (teenage girl) to do double jumps in competition.

stevlin

On the Ice
layback spin

Her layback spin was lovely. Yu na's layback is not nice at all. Her leg off the ice is dragging, looking like a capital L . I thought for sure Brian Orser would help her with that.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Actually, I can now rotate my land-based waltz jump about 45 degrees, which is far enough to have it count under the CoP.

Except that (as we adult skaters know all too well) the waltz jump counts for nothing (pointswise) under COP. It's just a connecting step or hop!

Ant

prettykeys

Medalist
I keep watching this and feel a nostalgia for something I didn't live through. :eek:

She looks like one of those spinning music box figurines.