Psycho test | Golden Skate

Psycho test

This is an authentic psychological test. ...it will just take you two minutes.

The test is in the form of a story about a girl. While at the funeral of her mother, she met man whom she did not know. She thought he was amazing, her dream guy, and she fell in love with him but never asked for his name or number and could not find him after the funeral.

A few days later the girl killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?

Give this some thought before you scroll down.

> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >

Answer: She was hoping that the guy would appear at her sister's funeral.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This test was created by a famous American psychologist who used it to test whether a person has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took this test and answered it correctly. If you didn't answer correctly -- good for you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my e-mail list .......unless that will tick you off, in which case I'll just be extra nice to you from now on.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL, honestly, my first thought was she felt the need to economize and spend less during the holidays...two down and several to go! Well, contrary to what I would have thought, I don't appear to be a psycho yet.

Lcp88

On the Ice
My answer was that she was a Yagudin fan and her sister was a Plushenco fan and they had an um, "disagreement" over who had better quads....
At least I'm not a psychopath!
Laura

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I thought that maybe she discovered that the man was secretly married to her sister and she was angry about it.

My guess was that the sister had dressed up like a man to attend the funeral (which was why the girl fell in love with him -- he reminder her of someone she loved). So then...Ok, I haven't got all the details worked out yet.

MM

Flora MacDonald

Rinkside
My brother is a psychologist who gave me this test.
I couldn't imaging why she would kill her sister.
My brother answered it "correctly" but he did put in the form of a question and he does know how a psychopath thinks.
He's still worrying about it! lol

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I answered that she was so overwrought with grief over losing everything (one) she loved, that she put herself out of future misery by taking out her sister, the last living person she loved, so she could deal with all the disappointment at one time and move on.

I guess I over analzyed it a tad, lol!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, lock me up and throw away the key........tag me psycho 'cause I guessed she offed her sis to get a "funeral" reunion..........couldn't a valid reason be all the years I watched "Perry Mason".......huh? 42

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I got it right :(
Then again, I read the problem, and I saw that MathMan posted it. Therefore, I assumed there had to be a perfectly logical explanation. This was the only one I could come up with. I really think that if someone else posted it, I would not "get" it.

Ah, Show, it's always the nicest ones, lol. My guess was that her sister told the girl the man was their long lost brother and there was incest involved and the girl who killed her sister was a psychopath and their mother beat them and their father...you get the idea. But then I knew these questions never have complex answers. At least you can all rest easy that Rgirl only once lived near a psychopath and actually isn't one. I think my answer shows that I write long-winded posts:p
Rgirl

I said she killed her sister because she wanted to get some attention in life since her dreams weren't there anymore.

Well, I'm a psychopath. Y'all knew it. Didn't ya?

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I dunno, RGirl.........after reading everyone else's answers, mine sounds sort of "normal".........(critical reasoning was always my strength in English Lit.).........:D 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
I got it right :(
Then again, I read the problem, and I saw that MathMan posted it. Therefore, I assumed there had to be a perfectly logical explanation. This was the only one I could come up with. I really think that if someone else posted it, I would not "get" it.

Uh huh... sure... we believe you! We're your friends, remember? (You don't know where we live, right?!):eek: :confused:

guinevere

Final Flight
Well, I might not be a psychopath, but I think this shows I'm pretty cynical: I assumed the girl had killed her mother, her sister ws simply next on her list and that the guy had nothing to do with it!!

guinevere

heyang said:
Interesting answers everyone....hate to break the news, but this test is listed as a hoax at urban legends
Wow, Heyang. I'm impressed. You broke through the false front of a test supplied by our very own Professor Mathman. How did you track it down or had you heard of this one before? Yes, I checked the snopes.com site, I just can't figure how you'd know to look under urban legends.

Even if it doesn't mean you're a psychopath (giveaway: no answer to any single question indicates anything), it is a cool question.

And Show, I guess you're right, you're really reasonable and logical after all--but we already knew that;)
Rgirl

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Heyang, I was starting to add "paranoid" to my list of "psychotic" tendancies........oh Mathman, where are you.....:( 42

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't be too impressed. I got this in an e-mail and forwarded it to a bunch of friends. One of them (a professional student type who loves reading urban legends) told us to check out snopes.

BTW, 2 of 10 of the people I forwarded the e-mail got the right answer.