Championship of Russia 2010 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Championship of Russia 2010

life684

Final Flight
Oksana and maxim's training video of their OD ..

Costume is plain ugly and their synchro in the training was terrible. i don't know what to think of it. will have to see during the competition.

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
To be fair, it has been that way for a long time. I remember there was one season when Michelle Kwan fell *twice* during her program at US Nationals...The judges at US Nats gave Michelle the gold anyway, and gave Sasha Cohen the silver, even though Sasha's program was cleaner than Michelle's. That season, Michelle won for USFS at Worlds, so their decision seemed smart, whether fair or not.

The only Nats I recall Michelle falling twice in the LP was 1997, when she was 3rd in the LP, but 2nd overall due to a 1st place finish in the SP.

Many Sasha fans feel Sasha "was robbed" at 2000 Nationals, so I am going to assume you are thinking of this competition. Both had a fall in the LP, Sasha had a couple wonky landings-landing 4 clean triples to Michelle's 6 clean triples, and Michelle was a much better overall skater than Sasha. So, as far as I am concerned the only robbing that year was Sasha winning Silver over Sarah Hughes. Yes, Michelle did then go on to deliver a very inspiring, 7 triple skate to win 2000 Worlds.

And yes...scores at Nationals tend to be overly inflated...

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
LADIES:

1 Ksenya MAKAROVA 178.90 2 3
2 Alena LEONOVA 175.89 4 2
3 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA 173.53 10 1
4 Adelina SOTNIKOVA 172.69 3 4
5 Anna OVCHAROVA 157.53 5 5
6 Sofya BIRYUKOVA 154.56 1 7
7 Oksana GOZEVA 143.51 11 6
8 Kristina ZASEEVA 139.52 6 9
9 Katarina GERBOLDT 135.80 7 10
10 Polina AGAFONOVA 130.17 13 8
11 Ekaterina KOZYREVA 124.38 8 11
12 Maria ARTEMYEVA 122.87 9 12
13 Ksenya DORONINA 118.81 12 13
14 Nina PETUSHKOVA 103.73 14 14

herios

Medalist
The ones that come to mind are French and Italian Nationals, as we saw last weekend. The scores are usually high, obviously - but not to the crazy extent you see in some other places. And AFAIK they don't give bonus points for any elements.

I agree with you, the marks at the French nationals, after watching Amodio's LP on video, have not been exagerated to anywhere close to these.
Last year an unknown for me Contesti scored bg in the Italian championships and later he scored very close to that at the Euros, so i do belive that the scores are very close to what they get internationally in italian championships. And you just have to look at their leading dance teams scores, they are pretty close to what they get as well on the world stage. The "inflation" of scores like here, I found plain and simple silly..

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Congratulations Ksenia! :biggrin:

She has definitely secured her Euro and Olympic spots. By beating Alena, Liza, and Adelina, she has made a name for herself in Russia. Dare I say she is a contender for a medal at Euros?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It can also work by using Chrome.

As I couldn't watch the stream with Firefox on Mac, this was a great help...thanks a lot ....i didn't know about this browser. Now I will enjoy watching the pairs and also the men's LP.

Makarova :clap:

That lady T really does have a lot to say in a kind of firm and self assured way. Wish I understood half of it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Domnina/Shabalin :eek: This is NOT OK for me. Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition. :confused:

life684

Final Flight
Domnina/Shabalin :eek: This is NOT OK for me. Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition. :confused:

I am not sure what to make of the dance as well. it is so late in the season that they will have to stick with this dance.

Bobrova again make has trouble with twizzles...

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I think it was great seeing DomShabs doing a voidy program, not DuchesnayKerrs voidiness but pretty unusual for a OG contender. The costumes were wild and the coreography is fun and keeps you interested. That being said there were quite a few bobbles and they lost soo much speed in the circular ste sequence. IF skated this cleaner at Olys plus their world champ reputation they are in for a podium position.

Oh and Gorshkova/Butikov are being dumped badly. Missed their OD but I think they have potential.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Reminds me of Yagudin's banana exhibition. :confused:

That can't be a good thing. At least Yagudin's was an Ex. This is an Olympic OD.

They get 66.54. Was that inflated? D/W had 65 at GPF so I imagine we'll be seeing 66+ at Euros and Olympics.

Are the costumes the same as the ones in the OD practice vid?

life684

Final Flight
That can't be a good thing. At least Yagudin's was an Ex. This is an Olympic OD.

They get 66.54. Was that inflated? D/W had 65 at GPF so I imagine we'll be seeing 66+ at Euros and Olympics.

Are the costumes the same as the ones in the OD practice vid?

Yes, i think costume is the same... and i think score is inflated because tehy picked more points on PCS than TES (which was crazy high with 9.5s fro chero and timing). they need to up the TES to actually get 65+ at the euros and Olympics.