French Nationals Dec. 18-20 | Golden Skate

French Nationals Dec. 18-20

Buttercup

Record Breaker
French Nationals will be held this weekend in Marseilles.

Brian Joubert will make a decision regarding his participation at the last moment. DelSchoes are definitely not competing but may take part in the gala. I have read that Pechalat/Bourzat may be out as well, but that there hasn't been official confirmation of this. Candice Didier failed to qualify for Nats and is the first alternate. The poor girl, she's had awful luck in 2009.

ETA: Brian has made his decision; he will not compete this weekend.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
I think it's a good decision for Brian not to compete; he just had surgery! How did Candice Didier fail to qualify? She had awful luck at 2009 Worlds! That was some early-warm-up-group-excitement when she fell and hit her head!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think it's a good decision for Brian not to compete; he just had surgery! How did Candice Didier fail to qualify? She had awful luck at 2009 Worlds!
I think it's an excellent decision for Brian to skip this event. I don't understand why it was even considered.

Re Candice Didier, I read on FSU that she was injured a few months ago and only did one event, where she totally bombed. Because invites to Nats are based on scoring during this season, she can't go - even though she's the defending champion! :no:

Trewyn

Medalist
Very sad.. Was it Nebelhorn that she bombed at? So she can't go to the Olympics? Does France even have an Oly spot in Ladies?

Sheena

Rinkside
I don't think that France has got an Olympic spot in the ladies event - as far as I remember, they have two in the mens, two in the dance & one in the pairs.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
France will not have a lady at the Olympics. Gwendolyn Didier took Candice's place at Nebelhorn a few months ago when the latter was injured, but she did not place high enough to earn a spot. France might be listed as having an alternate - I can't recall - but not a highly placed one. Sheena is correct about the other disciplines, so basically pairs is a big battle and there are three French guys competing for one spot (Joubert does not have to qualify).

Candice Didier skated at the Coupe de Nice, and scored beneath 100 in both segments combined :frown:.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I've just read on passion patinage that Nathalie and Fabian are out. apparently Fabian has a minor injury.

Trewyn

Medalist
France has only 2 spots in Men??? Oh I thought it was 3?! Wow, that is tough! Who's it going to be... Préaubert, Ponsero or Amodio... I personally think Préaubert should go; as far as I've seen him compete, he's slightly more consistent than the others! Will French Nats be the deciding factor or Euros?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont know, nobody saw nationals??

results for men sp from passion patinage

PONSERO YANNICK ANNECY SG 82.90
AMODIO FLORENT CERGY CSG 80.75
PREAUBERT ALBAN CHARLEVILLE CS 77,90
CIPRES MORGAN DAMMARIE CSG 58.75
PONSART ROMAIN CHARLEVILLE SG 56.46
VAILLANT MARK FRANCAIS VOLANTS 55.15
THOMAS SOSNIAK SKATING COMPIEGNE 54.34
BESSEGHIER CHAFIK GRENOBLE ISERE PAT 52.55
ROBERT AURELIEN TOULOUSE CP 50,15
LEPAGE TANGUY COURBEVOIE CO 49,12
LEJEUNE FLORIAN CERGY CSG 46,58
RICHARDEAU PAUL EMMANUEL VILLENAVE D’ORNON 45,42
BERGOUGNOUX JORDAN TOULOUSE CP 44,11
SIAO HIM FA BENJAMIN SKATING VILLENAVE D’ORNON 42,23
HERTZ LIONEL VITRY ESV 41,18
CHRISTODOULIDES DIMITRY TOULOUSE CP 37,63
LAVOISIER GAYLORD CHAMPIGNY CSG 37,26
CAUPENNE BENJAMIN COLOMBES CSG

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The guy choosing the camera angles for this is really annoying me. Preaubert changed his costume. Definitely an audience favourite.

sigrid

On the Ice
Yep: 156.94 in the LP and 237.69 points overall. Congrats to Amodio :agree:

Ponsero was 2nd, and Preaubert 3rd

Who will be selected to go the Olympics with Joubert.
I hope Amodio will go to the OG, I prefer him to Ponsero

Trewyn

Medalist
But I think he wants to... Wow Amodio won.. I honestly wasn't expecting that. I was kind of rooting for Préaubert, now it's pretty unlikely he'll make the Olympics! Hopefully he'll be at Euros, but unless Brian withdraws, that's not likely either...

Anyway; congrats Amodio, Ponsero and Préaubert; it sounds like they all had pretty good skates?

Last edited: