French Nationals Dec. 18-20 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

French Nationals Dec. 18-20

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
What bugs me is that Florent isn't an alternate skater. IF (and it's a big if) Brian were to withdraw from Euros, then I think it would be better Florent to Euros.

I agree with Medusa's analysis on what could happen if Ponsero were to put up a good show at Euros.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I just read that the team for Vancouver has been announced.

Men
Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio.
Alternate: Yannick Ponsero

Pairs
Vanessa James (who is now a French citizen, apparently) and Yannick Bonheur.
Alternates: Canac/Coia

Dance
Isabelle Delobel/Olivier Schoenfelder, Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat.
Alternates: Blanc/Bouquet

Wicked

Final Flight
I'm glad Alban gets to go to Euros. I hope this guy becomes a show skater. He's so entertaining.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I just read that the team for Vancouver has been announced.

Men
Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio.
Alternate: Yannick Ponsero

Pairs
Vanessa James (who is now a French citizen, apparently) and Yannick Bonheur.
Alternates: Canac/Coia

Dance
Isabelle Delobel/Olivier Schoenfelder, Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat.
Alternates: Blanc/Bouquet

Yay all around!

Shaba22

Final Flight
the whole team for europeans has been posted yes.

Hommes :

Brian joubert (club france)

yannick ponsero (annecy sg)

alban preaubert (cs charleville-mézières)

remplaçant: Chafik besseghier (grenoble métropole pat)

danse sur glace

isabelle delobel / olivier schoenfelder (csg lyon)

nathalie pechalat / fabian bourzat (castres club patinage)

pernelle carron / lloyd jones (csg lyon)

remplaçants: Zoé blanc / pierre loup bouquet (cs villard de lans patinage)

couples :

Vanessa james / yannick bonheur (français volants)

adeline canac / maximin coia (csg champigny)

no ladies? ? ? ? ?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken, Candice Didier is injured, Gwendoline Didier's results have been too weak this season and the other ladies are still too young.

Which means no lady qualification for Olympics. It is sad and confusing that France has no top ladies since long. Doesn't the federation commit to envelope girls figureskating? In almost every nation it is the other way round: Lots of girls are figure skating and harder to win the boys over to the sport.

I think it is a good decision to send Brian and Florent. Brian is an olympic medalist contender and Florent is the newbe. Good for F to have time to prepare for Vancouver, where he will get experience for coming years, and has not much pressure. Ponsero and Preaubert have had their opportunities.

btw I like all 4 :rock:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Which means no lady qualification for Olympics. It is sad and confusing that France has no top ladies since long. Doesn't the federation commit to envelope girls figureskating? In almost every nation it is the other way round: Lots of girls are figure skating and harder to win the boys over to the sport.

We lost our chances of an Olympic qualification a few months ago.

What often happens in France ( and not only) is that for a strong team to appear, there needs to be a leader who pulls everyone up, like Brian in the mens' team. For now we don't have a ledaer in ladies, although some of our younger skaters who were on the national podium do show some potential.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

It was the same in Canada for the longest time. Between Liz Manley and Joannie Rochette (neither were worlds/olympic champions, of course), we had four men, four dance teams, and three pairs on the podium, but none of the women really came close.