Yuna Kim | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

QSAlois

Spectator
Queen Yu-Na is amazing<3 She is the best skater I have ever seen!~ My favorite performance of hers is someone like you~ Its so perfect, and her dress is gorgeous!!

RABID

Final Flight
I was watching some Youtube videos of her singing on stage and the one thing that stood out for me is her body; her carriage. She is a beautiful woman but though she looks like an artist on blades when she skates, when she sings I can see the athlete.
She sounds so much like Taeyeon (and looks like she could break Taeyeon in half if she wanted to)! I also love her off-ice physicality, she MOVES like a top athlete.

Ven

Match Penalty
I was just thinking recently, what will Yuna do for 2018 since the Olympics will be in S. Korea?

She has said she will retire after the Sochi Olympics next year, and I believe her. But there will be tremendous pressure on her to skate at the Olympics in her home country. It seems to me like Yuna will not want this pressure at all, so I really do believe she will not compete at Pyeongchang ... but could it be possible for her to skate during the opening ceremonies? That could be the best way for her to still be involved, she might even light the torch as well.

cooper

Medalist
I was just thinking recently, what will Yuna do for 2018 since the Olympics will be in S. Korea?

She has said she will retire after the Sochi Olympics next year, and I believe her. But there will be tremendous pressure on her to skate at the Olympics in her home country. It seems to me like Yuna will not want this pressure at all, so I really do believe she will not compete at Pyeongchang ... but could it be possible for her to skate during the opening ceremonies? That could be the best way for her to still be involved, she might even light the torch as well.

hehe.. honestly the only reason i cheered for pyeongchang to host the olympics in 2018 is because i want yuna to light the cauldron..i know it's shallow but hey what the heck..:laugh:

MiRé

Match Penalty
Yunas GP this year is the same as her senior debut GP! Hope she does well in her final season

hehe.. honestly the only reason i cheered for pyeongchang to host the olympics in 2018 is because i want yuna to light the cauldron..i know it's shallow but hey what the heck..:laugh:

Yuna will be everywhere at the Pyeongchang games. Lighting the torch, skating at the opening ceremonies, hosting receptions for visiting heads of state, you name it. :rock:

cooper

Medalist
yuna said during the press con of ATS ice show today that her LP will be very different from les miserable and she has her sp music already.. david and yuna will be working on the choreography after ATS ice show..

ice coverage

Record Breaker

cooper

Medalist
latest on yuna and olympics..

from ynk forum

Reporters have finally gotten a glimpse of the new season programs from David Wilson. He said in an interview with the Japanese media that the new short program portrays two sides of the coin--happiness and sorrow, and the long program projects something infatuating and sensual. YuNa later confirmed on that with the Korean media.

Few more tidbits from YuNa's media interview. http://sports.media.daum.net/general/news/moresports/breaking/view.html?newsid=20130623191910146

-- in terms of technical elements, YuNa said her focus is to perfect the techniques that she is already used to rather than to attempt something new. In contrast, both of the new programs are characteristically different from what she has previously done.

-- She will officially unveil the new programs around September.

-- nothing has been decided on her new dresses. YuNa said she didn't think she should necessarily conform to the widespread perception relating to the jinx of dress color.

and it begins... :D

cooper

Medalist
c/o all that yuna blog and gnij

more news on yuna's programs..

According to an article, Yuna has completed her short program choreography for this season. An official from Korea Skating Union has revealed that he/she saw Yuna’s new program at the Taereung Training Center and said that it is expected to receive an enthusiastic response. Yuna has worked on her new short program with David Wilson after her ice show at the end of last month. Wilson departed from Korea on July 2.

http://sports.media.daum.net/general/news/moresports/breaking/view.html?newsid=20130704191705754

Moment

Final Flight
For me, Yuna's short programs are continuous artistic progression since 2009. I'm sure David will not disappoint.

spikydurian

Medalist
Reporters have finally gotten a glimpse of the new season programs from David Wilson. He said in an interview with the Japanese media that the new short program portrays two sides of the coin--happiness and sorrow, and the long program projects something infatuating and sensual. YuNa later confirmed on that with the Korean media.

Few more tidbits from YuNa's media interview. http://sports.media.daum.net/general...30623191910146

-- in terms of technical elements, YuNa said her focus is to perfect the techniques that she is already used to rather than to attempt something new. In contrast, both of the new programs are characteristically different from what she has previously done.

-- She will officially unveil the new programs around September

September? That's a long long wait. :scowl:

On a brighter note, I like that her programs are the complete opposite in emotional expression. I am sure her costumes will be very beautiful. I have always like her costumes.

If it's shallow, then a bunch of us join you in being shallow! I'd be thrilled if she lights the cauldron. She certainly deserves the honor. In some ways she's the face of Korean sport in the larger world. And wouldn't it be satisfying to see a figure skater perform that task!

Krislite

Medalist
Here's a video montage I put together of highlights from her comeback season, set to her LP music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4nuZnvKypQ

Watch for the nice surprise past the 1:20 mark, where we see her do a 3Flip+3Toe out of footwork. I was originally gonna put together a video of all her triple-triples, but I scaled down my ambition instead. :laugh: