Yuna Kim | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna will be in Lome, Togo (Africa) on June 28th to support the PyeongChang bid for 2018. The ANOCA (Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa) are having an assembly there and it will be the last opportunity for the bidders to present their case before the final IOC vote in Durban, South African on July 6.

Article: http://www.sportsfeatures.com/olymp...-set-to-support-pyeongchang-2018-bid-at-anoca

Yuna will also be in Durban, South Africa, on July 6th for the final vote.

For now she's still filming for her Kiss&Cry TV show, but she'll return to LA for training sometime in July after the 2018 OWG host is selected.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oooh. I didn't know IU and Yuna were doing a duet! While this song is good, I feel that it definitely has the potential to be better (not the singers' fault).

Yeah but then anything has the potential to be better if they are budgeted and scheduled accordingly. :) It seems the main melody were inspired by the 1876 British folk song My Grandfather's clock which has a nice nostalgic quality to it.

According to the Korean press, the producers were impressed by the fact they were able to complete the recording in an hour. The charity single were the result of an impromptu request from IU at last minute live on the program which Yuna agreed. Given the circumstances, her crazy schedules and for a duet, I doubt many current recording artist can achieve that in that time. All proceeds is suppose to go towards the future of Korean figure skating and will also be the new theme song for her own experimental show. Not bad for a summer pet project ;) (BTW what happens to all the cool emoticons, this current range is a bit limiting)

Last edited:

sunny0760

On the Ice
Here's the music video. You can see which parts Yuna sings. Her vocal talent is better than I thought. It's too bad I can't understand Korean. :biggrin:

Even if I understand the lyrics, well, perfectly, the problem is my English.:p If you endure my poor translation, this is for you.:)

IU : Wherever your feet touched, they(ice flowers, your sweat and tears) blossom one by one and it is getting bright without notice,
Yuna : all the things to overcome and your worries about losing are already far behind,
Yuna : I dream those dreams
IU : where there is beautiful me without having to shine.
IU : Dream, I am not sad even if I cry, just my aching heart is melting away.
Yuna : Look at me with your heart, not with your eyes, another me who will blossom inside once again.
IU : When I stand alone where there is no eyes, no applause,
Yuna : When I can smile where there is only me who sees me,
Yuna : I believe myself who can do it,
IU : myself who can love me.
Yuna : Look at me with your heart, not with your eyes, another me who will blossom inside once again.
(guitar)
IU : Looking back to see how far I have come, there are so many footprints
Yuna : That is it, I am doing well, for it is my life, my way.
IU : Dream, if I hold out my hand, do not be surprised. Without saying a word, would you put me back on my feet?
Yuna : Walk with me for a while, along the road widened as much as one person can widen.

I love the Korean lyrics... for anyone who understands Korean.

IU : 발길이 닿는 곳 하나하나 피어나 어느새 환해진 그 곳에
Yuna : 넘어설 무엇도 뒤처지는 걱정도 어느새 멀어진 그 곳에
Yuna : 난 그런 꿈을 꾸어요
IU : 빛날 필요 없이 아름다운 나를
IU : Dream, 나 울어도 슬픈 게 아니죠 아픈 마음이 다 녹아내릴 뿐
Yuna : 나를 눈이 아닌 맘으로 봐요 그 안에서 또 피어날 나를
IU : 눈길이 없는 곳 박수갈채 없는 곳 그 곳에 홀로 서 있을 때
Yuna : 나만이 오롯이 나를 바라보는 곳 거기서 웃을 수 있을 때
Yuna : 난 그런 나를 믿어요
IU : 날 사랑해 줄 수 있는 내 모습을

IU : 어디까지 온 건지 뒤 돌아보면 저 많은 발자국들
Yuna : 그걸로 됐어 난 잘 하고 있어 내 삶이니까 내 길이니까
IU : Dream, 나 손을 내밀면 놀라지 말고 날 말없이 일으켜줄래요
Yuna : 나와 잠시 함께 길을 걸어요 한 사람만큼 넓어진 길을..

Ice flower means sweat and tears shed on ice and the whole lyrics were inspired by Yuna's Vancouver performances.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Golden Skate is the first skating forum I have joined exactly a month after the Winter Olympics last year - having been shell shocked by the sheer quality of Ladies figure skating on these 2 spectacular magical nights that brought me back to figure skating since Kwan at Olympics 2002.

It has been 1 year 3 months since. Looking back, I have learnt so much from the forum, some amazing posters, as well at to being at times aggravated by it (esp being harassed by one scary poster). Nevertheless somehow along the the way, I know I have to investigate further by watching and experiencing these events live, and it was totally worth it. Somewhere along these processes, I acknowledge I have became what can be classified as an uber Yuna fan. Scary word really, but frankly I don't mind the tag, without passion, what is the point of living?

Since coming back to the figure skating world, it has got me reacquainted the greatness that is the Kwan, see the present that is the Kim. Most of all, it has resulted in 2 fantastic trips to check out the real thing for myself, many interesting moments, esp Moscow.

So here are some snapshots of my fan experiences :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/os168/show/with/5857539594/

Last edited:
What an awesome slide show! Thank you so much for sharing. My favorite part was the parade of flags. :rock: Also Yuna in spotlight on page 1.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Golden Skate is the first skating forum I have joined exactly a month after the Winter Olympics last year - having been shell shocked by the sheer quality of Ladies figure skating on these 2 spectacular magical nights that brought me back to figure skating since Kwan at Olympics 2002.

It has been 1 year 3 months since. Looking back, I have learnt so much from the forum, some amazing posters, as well at to being at times aggravated by it (esp being harassed by one scary poster). Nevertheless somehow along the the way, I know I have to investigate further by watching and experiencing these events live, and it was totally worth it. Somewhere along these processes, I acknowledge I have became what can be classified as an uber Yuna fan. Scary word really, but frankly I don't mind the tag, without passion, what is the point of living?

Since coming back to the figure skating world, it has got me reacquainted the greatness that is the Kwan, see the present that is the Kim. Most of all, it has resulted in 2 fantastic trips to check out the real thing for myself, many interesting moments, esp Moscow.

Beautiful photos! You really got great shots at Worlds, loved it! All tha Skate- never tire of seeing photos of the Kween and Queen Yuna.
Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

csunny7

Rinkside
Even if I understand the lyrics, well, perfectly, the problem is my English.:p If you endure my poor translation, this is for you.:)
IU : Wherever your feet touched, they(ice flowers, your sweat and tears) blossom one by one and it is getting bright without notice,
Yuna : all the things to overcome and your worries about losing are already far behind,
Yuna : I dream those dreams
IU : where there is beautiful me without having to shine.
IU : When I stand alone where there is no eyes, no applause,
Yuna : When I can smile where there is only me who sees me,
Yuna : I believe myself who can do it,
IU : myself who can love me.
(guitar)
IU : Looking back to see how far I have come, there are so many footprints
Yuna : That is it, I am doing well, for it is my life, my way.
IU : Dream, if I hold out my hand, do not be surprised. Without saying a word, would you put me back on my feet?
Yuna : Walk with me for a while, along the road widened as much as one person can widen.
Ice flower means sweat and tears shed on ice and the whole lyrics were inspired by Yuna's Vancouver performances.

Thank you for the wonderful translation. Yes, the lyric is so poetic and beautiful -- I esp. like the symbolic meaning of Ice flower. Yuna 's voice is so amazing, :thumbsup:and the duo look so cute & lovely. In videoclip, I'm impressed by every novice skater's hard working & improvement, and Yuna's nice reaction to them is so adorable. :biggrin: I've listened to this song several times, and absolutely love it :clap:

Last edited:

Thanks so much for the gorgeous photos! I felt as if I were at the competition. Such beautiful photos! I'm so glad that you got to see Worlds live. That's a treat that still lies ahead for me.

I know what you mean about becoming a fervent YuNa fan. For me, she's one of the magical skaters, like Kwan. There aren't many of those. One of the wonderful things about YuNa is that she seems to be giving skating as much as she has received from it, with her skating shows and her promotion of skating in Korea. I'm thrilled that she's continuing to skate.

fanniewaters

Rinkside
I think it will be interesting to see what happens come July when the IOC makes its decision on where the 2018 Olympics will be held. If it is S.Korea, then we will truly see the legacy of Yuna truly flourish as dreams of similar success/popularity/fame will drive many young skaters (and their families/coaches).

parma

On the Ice
I think it will be interesting to see what happens come July when the IOC makes its decision on where the 2018 Olympics will be held. If it is S.Korea, then we will truly see the legacy of Yuna truly flourish as dreams of similar success/popularity/fame will drive many young skaters (and their families/coaches).

There are only few things left she can accomplish and make her presence even bigger than it already is in Korea after winning all types of skating competitions, and helping Korea host the Olympic games is one of the very few cases.

jatale

On the Ice
There is a new video of Yuna's duet with IU with English Subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZkk3drcwE

I think this translation is fairly good. It explains some of what Yuna has been trying to explain about what a difficult time it has been for her since the Olympics. My interpretation is that Yuna always feels a lot of pressure from all the demands from her fans, her country, and her own goals. Her tears on the medal platform at Worlds were a emotional release - she worked through all the hard training and emotional conflicts she felt and managed to medal despite it all. Her tears were not from sadness but from the release of all the burdens she had been carrying. Now a new flower will bloom and she will blossom again.