Yuna Kim | Page 171 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I also saw great memorable performances as well as the utterly ugliness of Sochi scandal (trying to using great performances to deviate from Sochi scandal?). as for me, I am over it long long time ago (yes, rewatch Yuna's adios every day, with K&C and all, absolutely enjoyed Yuna's performance, and amused by those audience reaction ;)). And as I said, and many level headed fans here said, move on/over does not equal to forget. And you or people like you who plays words/logic trying to diminish Sochi Scandal. Have seen too many, just reminds you, people aren't fools and won't be played.
And what you last statement wanna imply again? that Yuna is the beneficiary of Sochi Scandal? LMAO, if any, it only indicates one thing, people has eyes and will not be fooled.
I want to apologize. I was all wrong. Banners reading:
SOCHI IS NOT OVER
SOCHI HOME COOKING
NEVER FORGET 2014
THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE
should be used at every figure skating event.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
aha, play another logic trick once again, from one extreme to another? ;)
I think there is nothing wrong with what those banner said, and yes, if fans can manage use them in every event, why not?:biggrin:
what are you so afraid of :scratch::biggrin:

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
aha, play another logic trick once again, from one extreme to another? ;)
I think there is nothing wrong with what those banner said, and yes, if fans can manage use them in every event, why not?:biggrin:
I'm not trying to trick anyone. I'm just one of those people who think that you should only fight the wars you can win and thus safe the energy for the wars you can win. I'm also one of those people who prefer to see the glass to be half full. You changed my perspective. Anyone out there who's trying to fight for a lost cause (long lost cause when it comes to FS imho, I'm disillusioned) go on! Maybe I'll admire your ongoing endurance in a couple of years.
I'm a FS fan and I enjoy watching the competitions, the outcome was never that important to me.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
put the message out there is another "win" in this modern world (in this case "the long lost cause" FS), do nothing is absolutely a lost case.
I believe, all those fans want is not about win win. but to send a message, in this sense, they already "win".
I also enjoy watching figure skating, the competition, the performances etc. therefore, the "outcome" was also never that important to me, therefore, I can appreciate what fans did is already a victory. As well as Yuna in Sochi.
To Yuna fans, thanks you so much for your effort, and please document and preserve everything, data/fact etc. about Sochi scandal. Let the truth speak for itself.
Also, thank Korean fans for all those lovely fancams (not only about Yuna but all skaters).

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
To be honest, I see nothing wrong about the protest. They just displayed some tarps that didn't really affect the event. What happened in Sochi is a very sad thing for figure skating because there we saw that even the biggest star, the best of this era could be screwed by politics in front of millions of people from around the world and what message does that send to aspiring skaters from small feds? As a fan, I did move on but I never forgot and never will because I do not support injustice and fraud.

Support the skaters who work hard for their dreams. Despise the system that rob them of genuine achievements.

Yay to fan arts! I would also like to add mine:
https://instagram.com/p/u2D_DjJ4Fh/?modal=true
https://instagram.com/p/vhqSHKJ4GS/?modal=true

:)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
FUN FACT: Did you know Yuna Attempted 48 3-3 in competitions and landed 44 of them? :biggrin::biggrin:

:bow: Amazing!

My top 5 favorite Yuna programs are (in no particular order):
- Danse Macabre
- Les Mis
- Gershwin
- James Bond
- Send in the Clowns

And my favorite gala is Meditation de Thais. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jenm: Those pieces of art are beautiful. I promiss you that in your pursuit of 100 days of happiness you have definitely already spread some yourself. Thank you for sharing!!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I know Michelle Kwan because my mother loves her. That's all i know of Figure skating before the 2014 Olympics.
Until someone I follow on twitter posted Yuna Kim's SITC. (He's into kpop.) I must say, that was love at first sight. :)
Immediately, I scoured youtube to watch anything and everything about Yuna. I fall deeper in love with every video.

I cried watching Les Miserables.
While watching Concerto in F, I thought, gorgeous! I wanna be like her when I grow up. (I'm older, by the way. Lol...)
Danse Macabre, I could watch all day. Amazingly incredible!
James Bond Medley, femme fatale.
The Lark Ascending feels like a caress.
And Adios Nonino, such elegance.

I felt devastated when I found out she's retiring after Sochi. But then, that's probably for the better, for the sake of my health.
I was so nervous, my heart was jumping out of my chest during her FS in Sochi and i was just a day-old fan then. (I stayed up until 4AM, by the way.)
To her long-time fans, how did you stay healthy and sane all these years???

Anyway, I updated my bucket list. I included going to South Korea to watch ATS so I can experience Yuna's amazingness in person. :)

To everybody here, I enjoy reading all your posts.
So nice to read a cute post like yours:p My "love at first sight" is Scheherazade (just a glance on TV). Before that, kinda like you, barely know anything about figure skating.
I have to admit over the years after I fall in love with Yuna, I spends lots of time and kinda disregard my own health (like, drive hours and hours in heavy snow to canada to watch her:biggrin:) But one thing is that I never felt nervous to the extent that I cannot watch her competition. both in 2013 Worlds and in 2014 Sochi, somehow, deep in my heart, I am sure she will clean, so I stayed calmed and watched everything live. :biggrin:
And Yuna certainly never disappoints her fans.

A figure skaters skating life is very limited, I wish your bucket list will be checked soon, Good Luck!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I've been trying to decide on my top 5 favorite programs all throughout today, but, alas... I can not :drama:

MiRé

Match Penalty
That is very impressive. So when did she not land them?

2007 COC SP
2007 GPF SP
2009 GPF SP (She did double her 3T in the LP, but I don't know if the statistics included that or not)
2011 Worlds SP

Because this was just a statement from an article I read, I did go back and checked to see if it was accurate. Turns out, it's slightly off, but it is still very close.If we add just international competitions, Yuna would've landed 41/46 (or 41/45 depending on how you want to consider her 3T at 2009 GPF SP. We don't know if she attempted 3-3, or 3-2). If we add her Nationals with this, it would be 45/50 (or 45/49)

randomfan

Record Breaker
2007 COC SP
2007 GPF SP
2009 GPF SP (She did double her 3T in the LP, but I don't know if the statistics included that or not)
2011 Worlds SP

Because this was just a statement from an article I read, I did go back and checked to see if it was accurate. Turns out, it's slightly off, but it is still very close.If we add just international competitions, Yuna would've landed 41/46 (or 41/45 depending on how you want to consider her 3T at 2009 GPF SP. We don't know if she attempted 3-3, or 3-2). If we add her Nationals with this, it would be 45/50 (or 45/49)

Thanks for the info!

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
2007 COC SP
2007 GPF SP
2011 Worlds SP

I'll add Golden Spin LP 2013 :)
Still her 3-3 record is a dream for skaters (and non-skaters like me XD )

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I want to apologize. I was all wrong. Banners reading:
SOCHI IS NOT OVER
SOCHI HOME COOKING
NEVER FORGET 2014
THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE
should be used at every figure skating event.

The sad thing is they'll most likely be abundant in Pyeongchang. It will just reflect badly on Yuna for the general Olympic viewers who don't follow figure skating at all. I was watching 4CC with a friend and some Sochi scandal banner showed up on the IceNetwork feed and my friend asked me about it. She naturally blamed Yuna because "she probably had them do that". I told her that Yuna is possibly the most humble person in FS and would never want that and she took back her words. But others watching won't have an FS fan with them to dispel rumors or whatnot. It just won't help in any way.

On to happier things!

FUN FACT: Did you know Yuna Attempted 48 3-3 in competitions and landed 44 of them? :biggrin::biggrin:

:shocked:

I knew she was consistent, but with actual numbers in my face (I'm a stats geek), that. is. impressive!

Fave programs:

1. Danse Macabre
2. Les Mis
3. Gershwin
4. James Bond
5. Korsakov

cooper

Medalist
i don't mind people protesting.. heck i wish they will throw something to the judges table. who cares anyway what people think? yuna is already moving on. i doubt she cares. figure skating in sochi was the biggest joke ever.

salchowx4

On the Ice
Nothing wrong with people protesting a result that was obviously unjust. You can look at the calls by the technical panel and the marks by the judges and see that it was not fair sport.

Now, what I'd really like to see is some investigative journalism on this topic. No one on the inside is going to do anything about it on their own. It will happen again and again until the truth is revealed. Figure skating needs some serious cleaning.

And yes, Yuna has handled it with class, as she should. It is up to others to work on getting the truth out.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yuna's response about Sochi scandal summarized as:
1, she left 2 beautiful performances at Sochi OG ice successfully as she hoped for. 2, results are giving out by judges.it is not up to her to judge.
This the most classy reaction regarding Sochi scandal, It showed her dignity in the most elegant way, just reminds you from her response, Yuna did not concur Sochi scandal. Not like what IOC wanted her to (I think you guys already know how IOC fabricated Yuna's words).

thoroughly document every details about Sochi Scandal is one kinda investigative journalism fans can do.