hot off the press!! (kind of)

Warm-Up Group 10
50 Mirai NAGASU USA
51 Yu-Na KIM KOR
52 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
53 Rachael FLATT USA
54 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN
55 Alena LEONOVA RUS

tvants - SBS stream will air Queen Yuna on the 27th @1:07AM (KST)

Warm-Up Group 6
28 Sarah MEIER SUI
29 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB
30 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
31 Min-Jung KWAK KOR
32 Elena GLEBOVA EST

Baby Korea will be shown on the 26th @9:57PM (KST)

Nadia01

Final Flight
hot off the press!! (kind of)

Warm-Up Group 10
50 Mirai NAGASU USA
51 Yu-Na KIM KOR
52 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
53 Rachael FLATT USA
54 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN
55 Alena LEONOVA RUS

tvants - SBS stream will air Queen Yuna on the 27th @1:07AM (KST)

Warm-Up Group 6
28 Sarah MEIER SUI
29 Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA UZB
30 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
31 Min-Jung KWAK KOR
32 Elena GLEBOVA EST

Baby Korea will be shown on the 26th @9:57PM (KST)

Poor Akiko. Skating after Yuna again!

Lilith11

On the Ice
:laugh: I love how they call her "Baby Korea", considering she's 16 years old!

Lols, well to me, Minjung is absolutely adorable, like a kid :) Watching Yu-na's videos from 2006, she always seemed quite poised and mature while MJ has this childish feel to her. :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Lols, well to me, Minjung is absolutely adorable, like a kid :) Watching Yu-na's videos from 2006, she always seemed quite poised and mature while MJ has this childish feel to her. :)

True. She's a cutie, I love how she always flashes the peace sign :laugh:. Hope she skates well tomorrow, Yuna too, and Mirai. It seems like they are all a little tired.

Lilith11

On the Ice
True. She's a cutie, I love how she always flashes the peace sign :laugh:. Hope she skates well tomorrow, Yuna too, and Mirai. It seems like they are all a little tired.

I think the peace sign is an East Asian thing (not to be stereotypical or anything >.<). Like when I was in China, whenever I posed for pictures w/my friends there or my family members, they'd always flash the peace sign lols. A lot of Korean celebrities do it too and same in Japan. I hope EVERYONE skates clean :) In both the long and short. And the last group <3 Yu-na and Mirai are both skating in the same group and one after the other! :wub: This is going to be awesome; the rising star in figure skating and US best ladies hope AND the current Queen? Awesome.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Really hope Yuna and MJ skate well tomorrow! You can do it girls, make Korea proud and have fun :biggrin:!
agreed agreed agreed!!!

i hope Yuna's final performance as bond girl goes off with a bang!!
there's about 7 hours to go until we see Queen Yuna as her last bond girl, so sad :(

alfoalfo

Rinkside
wow! i didnt expect something like this to happen but am i wrong in thinking that maybe this might be a good thing?
I think just maybe Yuna needed something like this to give her added motivation, that competitive fire in her to really try and give it her all, just like she did a month ago.

Go Yuna!!!

ETA- Yuna and Brian regarding her SP and upcoming FS (source)

"Tomorrow I will fight because my motivation is still high and moreover this will be the last programme of the season," said Kim.

Her coach Brian Orser believes she is up to the task.

"I think we're just looking forward to the biggest comeback ever in the long programme," said Orser.

"I think she just lost her focus. She's going to have to fight back."

The Toronto-based skater admitted it had been hard finding the motivation to continue after her Olympic exploits.

"I was a little scared to compete again," said the 19-year-old. "The Olympic Games were my goal and I wasn't sure if I can fight again for the world championships. Now I want to forget about this and do my best tomorrow."

The Korean came to Turin as the overwhelming favourite as she has been unbeaten since December 2008, but she paid for errors in her James Bond routine.

She opened with a perfect triple-triple before running into problems with a triple flip jump, missed a layback spin before messing up her spiral sequence.

"I didn't expect a short programme like that," said Kim. "The first triple combination was perfect than I felt not sure on my left foot, it was shaking and I don't know why.

"My layback spin, my spiral and the footwork - I don't know what happened to them. It is the first time that I missed an element, other than jumps, and I am surprised."

Good luck for tomorrow Yuna!

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I hope to see Yuna and Min-Jung rock it tomorrow :rock: , that would be awesome! Korea fighting! I was sooo sad when Min-Jung was crying in the Kiss and Cry after her SP :cry:, she's so adorable and to see her sad was just tough to bear. Don't be sad girls, you can bounce back! Go Yuna! Go MJ!

alfoalfo

Rinkside
wow what a come back by our Queen Yuna!
i was hoping for a 4th place or a podium finish at best given her current mentally exhausted condition, but a silver medal!?
good for you Yuna, i am so proud of you.. WE are all proud of you!!

when i was watching her interview with Universal Sports, the interviewer asked her about her future plans, and the first words that came out of her mouth was,
"I want to go to Korea, I want to go back to my home town and be with my family..." - she really deserves her well earned rest, and I hope she takes the time to really enjoy and bask in the accomplishments that she has achieved with flying colors :)
but, as much as i know that Yuna has given much to the sport of figure skating, as a selfish fan I sincerely hope this isnt her final farewell to the sport, competition wise.

Congratulations Yuna, and thank you for a great season of figure skating!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think not winning here will pretty much convince her to continue on competing. With Worlds in Japan next year, beating Mao and getting her title back on her rival's home turf probably looks pretty appealing.

Lilith11

On the Ice
I think not winning here will pretty much convince her to continue on competing. With Worlds in Japan next year, beating Mao and getting her title back on her rival's home turf probably looks pretty appealing.

Well, let's see. I agree w/you; I doubt Yu-na will take this loss of her title that lightly. BUT at the same time... she's accomplished her childhood gold; the OGM. Who knows what she will do? In any case, whatever she does, I want her to by happy and have no regrets about her choice :) It would be absolutely wonderful to see her continue on but I mainly just want Yu-na to be happy. :)

That being said, I must give my congratulations to Yu-na. Wow, to bounce back from a seventh place position to second overall and first in the free! What a comeback! She is our Queen indeed :wub:

key65man

Rinkside
I commend Yuna for her honesty and taking a high road about her preparation for the worlds. However, that does not mean she needs to tell everything when things are not going right. People on her side would surely appreciate what she is going through. But, there are people who want her to falter and are willing to go a long way to bend it to their advantage. When dealing with the media, restraints can be of use sometimes.

Hopefully, she is on her way to another brilliant season. She can take some time off and cure the burn-out. She is so close to something truly great.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
No one knows. I am dreaming of what numbers Wilson will come up for her next year. And I am hoping she will continue to skate.

cooper

Medalist
She'll be back in Korea on March 31st, right?

Have a great vacation Yuna. You earned it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I hope YuNa takes the time to relax and not think about skating for at least 2-3 weeks. She deserves that after all the work she put into
making this season a stellar one for the sport of figuring skating and for her fans.