Yuna Kim | Page 186 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
The world’s 10 highest-paid female athletes are a global group with seven different nationalities represented. They earned $124 million collectively from salary, winnings, appearances, licensing and endorsements between June 1, 2014 and June 1, 2015. The total was down 12% as some new blood made the cut this year with the retirement of list-staples Li Na and Kim Yuna, who ranked second and fourth last year respectively. The Chinese tennis star and South Korean Olympic figure skating champion both retired from competition in 2014.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/08/12/the-worlds-highest-paid-female-athletes-2015/

they think she already retired

Thanks for the info! :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
that is great! not only she is helping her fellow Korean skaters but also skaters from other countries as well, i am sure they will be so happy to The Quenn! :love:

Krislite

Medalist
Training session? Interesting. I wonder what she might show them...

It's been a while since we saw Yuna on ice in any form, so if this is televised it would be very nice to see. I do hope she does a few more ice shows after she finishes her master's program.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

yuzulia14

Rinkside
Cool write up from Olympics.org

http://www.olympic.org/news/-queen-yuna-reigns-again-over-the-winter-youth-olympic-games/247095

As for Yuna on ice. LOL!! she is so shy... Good for her! Never a show off!

http://www.periscope.tv/w/aK8nsjUxO...4bWxYje6uzybr9VOw1aXHNtxJTtolpMxxvi72B4GLO360

I remember Paul Wylie encouraged her to do show off a bit more at the Harvard charity show, but she just didn't want to jump and show off no matter what.

She's soooooo cute. (*´ω`*) very humbling to see her.

Krislite

Medalist
Cool write up from Olympics.org

http://www.olympic.org/news/-queen-yuna-reigns-again-over-the-winter-youth-olympic-games/247095

As for Yuna on ice. LOL!! she is so shy... Good for her! Never a show off!

http://www.periscope.tv/w/aK8nsjUxO...4bWxYje6uzybr9VOw1aXHNtxJTtolpMxxvi72B4GLO360

I remember Paul Wylie encouraged her to do show off a bit more at the Harvard charity show, but she just didn't want to jump and show off no matter what.

Thanks for the videos! I feel a little conflicted about her efforts under the IOC banners. A good cause to be sure, but that organization is no better than FIFA. Oh well, her country is hosting the next Winter Games after all.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Longest English interview to date? Yuna interact with Social Media! Great YOG hosting job. I am kicking myself missing it, but I think all the questions has been well there.

She mentioned 'Love for figure skating!' several times. Interesting she commented she helps with other Korean skater's choreography, as it has been a strong aspect of their skating.

Last edited:

Kuan

Final Flight
Longest English interview to date? Yuna interact with Social Media! Great YOG hosting job. I am kicking myself missing it, but I think all the questions has been well there.

She mentioned 'Love for figure skating!' several times. Interesting she commented she helps with other Korean skater's choreography, as it has been a strong aspect of their skating.

I loved this :love: I missed seeing her smile in interviews! This was cute and I am so proud of her doing it all in English! Also Yuna is special in avoiding some questions. :biggrin: (e.g. do you want to become a coach?) But I think she still does not know it herself and wants to keep all possibilities open.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I loved this :love: I missed seeing her smile in interviews! This was cute and I am so proud of her doing it all in English! Also Yuna is special in avoiding some questions. :biggrin: (e.g. do you want to become a coach?) But I think she still does not know it herself and wants to keep all possibilities open.

I like her answers about what you can learn from Youth Olympics, fairplay, good sport manners. She certainly exemplifies them. It is also good she take away from Sochi as one of her best memories in her figure skating career. What a great positive person.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

She's really got such great pronunciation, she's so cute, I love her reactions to all the weird Twitter handles, she's a bit vague to wards her future but if she just wants to take it easy and focus on what she's doing right now then it's all good

also I kind of want her jacket but I already have one like it so I cannot justify it, damn

RABID

Final Flight
I'm so glad she hasn't done a Greta Garbo and disappeared from public life. When you think about how fantastically rich and famous she is and how she doesn't need to do something like this it speaks volumes. The character of this lovely woman's desire to give back brings tears to my eyes. So glad I am a fan of hers.

Eclair

Medalist
Does anyone has the interview and could upload it? When I click on the link it says: this live-video is no available any more. :((