Yuna Kim | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

aurora100

Final Flight
I bet $100 that YNK will be back to competition next season. After the ice show this week and all the OGM dust settles, she will ask herself, now what else can I do? She is young, and skating is what she does. She is not going to go academia for now after all these years. She will realize soon it is too early for retirement when her peak in terms of her competitive ability hasn't yet come.

I will say in a month or two, what did I say on April 11th?

I can see that. In the you tube video cooper posted earlier in this forum showing her talking while she was doing a photo shoot she spoke about how difficult it was for her to go to school. She couldn't possibly go to school with her celebrity. She can only do so many commercials in a year and public events before she gets totally bored or tired of it. That would be like living in a zoo. She may miss the stability, peacefulness, discipline and exhileration of being and training as a high performing athlete and come back for more. I also understand you can't stay off from ice for too long before you lose your jumps so she can't take months to decide.

cooper

Medalist
In other news. Yuna and her Hyundai cars: :laugh:

http://www.ebn.co.kr/data/201004/13_432023_1.jpg

http://img.newspim.com/2010/04/ty-0413.jpg

Press Conference of the Korean Air extension sponsorship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZMy8-YLfA

Kim Yuna will also participate in the radio campaign for '2010-2012, Years of Visiting Korea' as a Public Relation Rep. Yuna's message will be delivered through 4 radio channels from 13th.

And another fan meeting with Kyobo Book on April 24th.

Yuna and Orser shoot another commercial for Samsung aircon last weekend.

Phew....I guess there's no time for vacation. Poor girl. :indiff:

Last edited:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
no, seriously...
that is one fine work, regardless of its contents or intents.
It's truly amazing what people can do to hype someone(something) up and take seriouse amount of time to coax the public.
and more amazingly the counterpart,
They just don't sit back and watch. They discover deceit, and expose those to gain support from the public.
let them fight, it will make the skating cummunity better in a certain way.

and, just fyi (from www.alexa.com)
Visitors by Country for Goldenskate.com
37.2% Japan
29.4% United States
3.5% Canada
3.1% Germany
woot! japanese are good at english!

Your English doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

cooper

Medalist
Is there any other accomplishment for her to make??? I don't see one thou unless she wants to enjoy skating next season.

Someone posted this on Yuna's forum...

According to Today Korea, those pictures were taken at Hyundai Starex/Genesis delivery ceremony held on 4-12-10 (Korean time). Hyundai Motor Co. plans to support Yuna by providing these cars so that she will be able to concentrate on training more intensively with no distraction. :think:

Yuna will use a Starex during her stay in Korea and when she flies back to Canada she'll use a Genesis along with a Veracruz she's been using.

- One more season perhaps? :laugh::p

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice

no, seriously...
It's truly amazing what people can do to hype someone(something) up and take seriouse amount of time to coax the public.
They just don't sit back and watch. They discover deceit, and expose those to gain support from the public.

37.2% Japan
29.4% United States
3.5% Canada
3.1% Germany

I think most of them just do the eye-shopping. :laugh:

Basics

On the Ice
In other news. Yuna and her Hyundai cars: :laugh:

http://www.ebn.co.kr/data/201004/13_432023_1.jpg

http://img.newspim.com/2010/04/ty-0413.jpg

Press Conference of the Korean Air extension sponsorship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZMy8-YLfA

Kim Yuna will also participate in the radio campaign for '2010-2012, Years of Visiting Korea' as a Public Relation Rep. Yuna's message will be delivered through 4 radio channels from 13th.

And another fan meeting with Kyobo Book on April 24th.

Yuna and Orser shoot another commercial for Samsung aircon last weekend.

Phew....I guess there's no time for vacation. Poor girl. :indiff:

Holy c...~ I want that Genesis. :cool: one fine looking car indeed.
BTW, Yuna looks awesome on those cars. looks like a newly-appointed young CEO. :laugh:

Bennett

Record Breaker
no, seriously...

37.2% Japan
29.4% United States
3.5% Canada
3.1% Germany

I have not watched that video. But I wonder what intention led you to bring up that statistics of visitors at GS .

For your information, here's another stats from this specific site that gives a different pic.
Poll: Which country are you from?
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?29978-Which-country-are-you-from
USA 32.04%
Canada 10.68%
Russia 4.37%
Japan 4.85%
Europe 31.07%
Asia 11.65%
other continents. sorry~ 5.34%

...and, just fyi (from www.alexa.com)

37.2% Japan
29.4% United States
3.5% Canada
3.1% Germany

These "statistics" are compiled only from people using the Alexa toolbar. For some reason, this browser application is more heavily marketed in Japan than anywhere else. This gives the erroneous impression that many sites have a large Japanese viewership.

In fact, the great majority of Golden Skate members are from the United States, with Canada second.

Needless to say, Golden Skate welcomes members and visitors from every country.

By the way, the Alexa toolbar is spyware/adware. If you still have it on your computer, get rid of it.

prettykeys

Medalist
It's really annoying how the misinformation about the Alexa plug-in (or whatever it is) is repeatedly spread. Even in the YuNa fan forum, there was someone accusing us about how the majority there are "pretend YuNa fans" and they cited the Alexa statistics. They also ignored the fact that there are YuNa fans who live in Japan. :rolleye:

Another example of geographical differences in software popularity is that most Americans seem to use AOL Instant Messenger; most Canadians use the MSN messenger.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I wonder when Yu-na kim, who doesn't exactly have , say, Rachel Flatt's I.Q. to go academic, will start using her time, money and influence to do major philanthropic projects in her country and around Asia, She should take a page from her stated Idol, American Michelle Kwan. Asia needs this top 100 most influential person to do GREAT things....surely she has proven she can skate and pose for endorsements. I hope she begins maturing as a powerful woman who can help people besides figureskating wannabees from Korea. I wonder if koreans might suggest great needs this influential lady could concern herself with? What's left to win anyway for her? Nothing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wonder when Yu-na kim, who doesn't exactly have , say, Rachel Flatt's I.Q. to go academic, will start using her time, money and influence to do major philanthropic projects in her country and around Asia, She should take a page from her stated Idol, American Michelle Kwan. Asia needs this top 100 most influential person to do GREAT things....surely she has proven she can skate and pose for endorsements. I hope she begins maturing as a powerful woman who can help people besides figureskating wannabees from Korea. I wonder if koreans might suggest great needs this influential lady could concern herself with? What's left to win anyway for her? Nothing.

Actually she has. She is funding the entire Korean juniors figure skating program. See 7:26 on this clip = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHV2uDJ1rw. Young figure skater Kim Hyeongjung (she's in juniors right now) talks about basically how Yuna's sponsorship has helped her continue to skate. It's actually a really cute story about her putting a thank you letter in a stuffed bear so she could throw it at the 2008 GPF in Korea)

She's also given a lot of money to things like the Haiti earthquake effort ($100,000, right?) and is a goodwill ambassador for a major Korean Catholic foundation.

janetfan

Match Penalty

Yuna has done many charitable things in the past few years - the most recent that I am aware of was a very generous donation to the Haitian earthquake fund.

I am not sure of her educational plans but believe Yuna is already enrolled at a top Korean university - and maybe will take or is already taking classes through an exchange program at the University of Toronto.

It is OK if you are not a big fan of her skating - but no reason to question her character and intelligence.

She is a great girl and someone ALL skating fans can be proud of.

Last edited:

cosmos

On the Ice
These "statistics" are compiled only from people using the Alexa toolbar. For some reason, this browser application is more heavily marketed in Japan than anywhere else. This gives the erroneous impression that many sites have a large Japanese viewership.

In fact, the great majority of Golden Skate members are from the United States, with Canada second.

By the way, the Alexa toolbar is spyware/adware. If you still have it on your computer, get rid of it.

Your explanation makes sense. The alexa result seemed always strange to me. No Korean visitor in FSU, GS, even in Yuna forum!

Thanks Mathman.

Lightbulb

Rinkside

Aside from single-handedly financing the juniors figure skating program in Korea, Yuna has been supporting UNICEF Korea. It is through this agency that she donated $100,000 to the Haitian earthquake relief. When Yuna made her donation, it was revealed that she has already donated around $3 million for the past 2 years to UNICEF KOrea.

Bennett

Record Breaker

Yeah, I had a similar impression about that stats.

Thanks dorispulaski for your moderator work, out of your busy schedule, too.:)

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Yuna has done many charitable things in the past few years - the most recent that I am aware of was a very generous donation to the Haitian earthquake fund.

I am not sure of her educational plans but believe Yuna is already enrolled at a top Korean university - and maybe will take or is already taking classes through an exchange program at the University of Toronto.

It is OK if you are not a big fan of her skating - but no reason to question her character and intelligence.

She is a great girl and someone ALL skating fans can be proud of.

Several people have said they don't feel academics is what motivates her. I am not questioning that she is at least averagely bright or higher. My point is she is not herself strongly motivated at this point to do more than skate or rake in the endorsements. Yes I read she gave money to Haitii and is trying to build Korean jr figureskaters. My point is, and I DO like her, she can do really great things as she is SO rich and SO influential. She seems to be sweet with a heart. She is looking for direction right now and all her hangers on will want her to keep skating for the endorsements and $. I think anyone so favored and gifted by nature/god/luck needs to give back in a big way. I said I am hoping she becomes a great stateswoman or ambassador and esp helps her country's big problems. I hope her focus goes beyond finding jr skaters with talent to promote. She IS after all on times 100 most influential list! Use it wisely Yu-na. This girl has lived in an FS bubble. I hope she finds some world class people/philanthropists in her circle. I don't think she likes the fame and she doesn't seem bowled over by all the money. She is clearly loking for direction.

Again, I like her, what's not to like? I only recently returned to this board in the midst of yuna/mao craziness. I have decided I will now root for the underdog who wants that Sochi gold. Little Mao. I expect Kim to do GREAT things if she can perceive how money and fame can better the lives of her countrymen. I hope you understsand me better. :) Kim would do well to see how much another very sucessful Gold medalist, Scott Hamilton does for other people, not just skaters.

ps. I will root for Mirai first, tho if she is a contender in 4 years. I just have a strong feeling that barring injury, Mao will do anything she can to have oly gold. It's always tough as I enjoy so many skaters.

Last edited: