Yuna Kim | Page 282 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Izabela

On the Ice
:sad21: I asked my friend to buy an extra ticket for ATS but she couldn't even go through the server. It was more than a bloodbath. Now she's looking for auctions and resell but the prices are just astronomically high. I know Yuna is kind of a royalty in Korea, but this is the first time I've truly realized how they love her so much. She's really sorely missed.

Izabela

On the Ice
I’m set to go to Singapore around May so I was hoping I could squeeze it in. :laugh: I’m willing to burn money and be broke forever y’all.

ETA: Apparently this year's ATS tickets sold out wayyyy faster than 2014. 2 minutes vs. 30 minutes. :eeking:

And going back to my KoTV scoring and I'm changing 2A to +2. Saw a better angle from the Eurosport coverage. :laugh:

Izabela

On the Ice
The funny thing is we love TLA so much which she didn’t like doing at all and we’re so critical of DM (or should I say only you :p) and Scheherazade which she loved the most.

Well, you liked DM. :/

Maybe her excitement for doing them made her make a poor decision of doing them as soon as she did. At least, I think Scheherezade was inspired by Kwan. In DM, it was about character work, and she wasn't there yet, for me. But at least it helped with her future routines!

And TLA, well, sometimes the adults do know better. Wilson knew it would be right for her, and trained her correctly. Also, she hated FS back then.

Izabela

On the Ice
Regarding TLA, you mentioned no one else skated to this and I tried my very, very best to find someone else who did. This is the best thing I could find: https://youtu.be/pLb7bCd0eU0 :laugh: (I don’t have any idea whatsoever why the interpretation and costume is like that.)

But yeah, I think I would just be disappointed if anyone decides to and not come up with anything as beautiful as how Yuna did hers.

kimi492

Final Flight
As someone who never talked FS on the net during Yuna’s prime, people don’t like DM?!?!?! This is like a sacrilege to me lol it’s one of my favorite programs of hers - especially David Wilson’s explanation behind the choreo

rikaquegira

On the Ice
@chopinskate with some controversial opinions! :dev3:

I love her 2009 programs! Some of Wilson's best choreography imho!
That goes to show that to each his own.
I love Scheherazade's choreo, there are so many lovely moments. But I do remember not liking it right away, it grew on me.
DM was love at first sight! Lost count how many times I watched that SP!!!! SO MANY TIMES!
:dbana:

I'm enjoying reading all the discussion here! Keeping it active! :cool:

I particularly liked you guys judging the programs, that was an interesting read. :biggrin:

Unfortunetely I can't join the discussion more often. :eek:hwell:

axon

Rinkside
Every time I read 'TLA' I think The Last Airbender lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I enjoyed reading them very much. One of the reasons I fell in love with Yuna was because her 'artistry' wasn't just mechanical regurgitation of certain movements.
I love DM too but I can see why people see it as less impressive. Something about the music, her facial expressions and head movements just give it an iconic feel. And of course, her opening combo is just magical.
Recently, I read some people say that Yuna's skating reminds them of speed skating because of her speed which I found really vexing. :confused:
Until next time, I hope you guys keep having your philosophical debates. :biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Regarding TLA, you mentioned no one else skated to this and I tried my very, very best to find someone else who did. This is the best thing I could find: https://youtu.be/pLb7bCd0eU0 :laugh: (I don’t have any idea whatsoever why the interpretation and costume is like that.)

But yeah, I think I would just be disappointed if anyone decides to and not come up with anything as beautiful as how Yuna did hers.

I think after Yuna skated to the lark, besides this one you linked, some other youngster also skated to the lark, i think a Australian and a couple of Russian girls

yyyskate

Record Breaker
wondering what David Wilson has said about Macarbre. My figure skating view life started from 2009 world scheherazade, after Macarbre.:biggrin:

OS, I echo your suggestion, Really hope Yuna can bring ATS in North American again. Now acctually is a great time. Yuna has many many skater friends in North American and tons of youngsters in North America truly idolized her. Over the years, I went to all kinds of skating compitetions, I have witnessed the love towards Yuna among North American's figure skating youngsters. Even if Yuna never skated for 4 years, they are still talking about her all the time.

OS, the user ID of YNKF adminstor "Lakewood" reminds me of the place lakewood in Socal where Nathan trains. maybe he is from there? :biggrin: Those fond memories on YNKF... among which watching and sharing 2014 Sochi FS live with fellow Yuna fans.:sad21::eek::