Yuna Kim | Page 314 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Shwolnee

Spectator
Mao Asada’s former coach Sato Nobuo talks about Yuna and Mao

As for Kim Yu-na, the accuracy of speed and jump are great. Nobuo said, "The 30m x 60m link is too wide to do something alone, so it's great (Kim Yu-na's skating)."

“She has a speed that prevents you from feeling the width of the link. If you speed up, it's easy to shake (the center) and it doesn't work out as the skater wants, but she can jump accurately while speeding up. High level of skill.”

"Yuna's skating is so soft that there is no sound of scratching the ice. I don't even hear a wriggling sound. Her skating skills match my ideal skating - like butter on bread. This is the difference between Yuna and Mao. Jumping is an extension of skating skills. Therefore, developing skills is a way to reduce the difference between Yuna and Asada. In the long run, it exerts a good synergy effect on jumping as well. "

Mao- Nobuo saying, "She works hard," but the reporter almost cried when he was embarrassed to see Nobuo saying, "Because I watch her every day." Nobuo brought up the story about step with difficulty.

About Mao's step (Swan Lake), when I saw Twizzle at that speed at the end, I was like, "Huh??" Even if there is an acting like, "What's wrong with her?" I forget it.

There may be some technical stories, but above all, it is important for her to win against herself. Don't be aware that it's a special season, and that's enough if she can become a skater that has improved every day over and over again. Nobuo also said that Mao's jump is better than last year. Hope it rotates a little more properly, so is it.
May i know where is this from? I'm always curious about japanese coaches and figure skaters say abkut yun skating, but it's hard to search about it

lilbubz

Rinkside
Hi everyone! I've been a Yuna fan since 2008, but I've recently been rewatching all her programs and falling in love again. Nowadays, I rank Send in the Clowns and Adios Noninos as my favorite competitive Yuna programs-- both are so beautiful, poignant, and never fail to make me cry/tear up.

lilbubz

Rinkside
Just curious, but what are the chances of All That Skate 2022? I really miss seeing Yuna skate, plus the production values of All That Skate!

Shwolnee

Spectator
Hi everyone! I've been a Yuna fan since 2008, but I've recently been rewatching all her programs and falling in love again. Nowadays, I rank Send in the Clowns and Adios Noninos as my favorite competitive Yuna programs-- both are so beautiful, poignant, and never fail to make me cry/tear up.
Agree with you. When i watch the first time Send in the clowns didn't really resonate with me, but now that i rewatch it again i feel the nuance of this program. Maybe what has happened to me this past months makes me realize the feels that Yuna wants to convey. Not gonna lie, i almost cry when i rewatch it today

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Happy 32nd Birthday Yuna, still and forever my favourite figure skater... of all Times!!

Congrats on the engagement and hope you have a lovely wedding next month. The whole of S.Korea will be celebrating I am sure (+ where ever Yuna fans are in the world, and they are all over. Just been reading up on the comments on the Olympic Chanel and SNS all over, quite moving.)

lilbubz

Rinkside
PICS OF YUNA'S WEDDING DRESS:

And the pre-wedding photoshoot:

Congrats Yuna!!!

lilbubz

Rinkside
I rewatched Yuna's Gershwin free skate at the Vancouver Olympics, and something that struck me was just all the different moods the music transitions through and the way Yuna embodies each of them perfectly. When the music becomes more light and flirty, Yuna's movement and rhythm shifts; when the music becomes more energetic, Yuna blazes forward! And when the music comes to a dramatic climax, she delivers that epic feeling perfectly! Just, her musicality, her connection to the music is so wonderful-- it just seems to be such an innate part of her, such that she doesn't even need to listen to the music, she just becomes the music.

cosmos

On the Ice

Yuna on the Times Square, New York. Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism paid for this public ads.

Reactions: OS

lilbubz

Rinkside

Yuna on the Times Square, New York. Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism paid for this public ads.
Her hanbok pictures are beautiful <3

lilbubz

Rinkside
Also just out of curiosity-- has Yuna ever spoken about how she trains her skating skills? Just curious because when I look at her performances in the 2011-14 (albeit sparse), her SS improved immensely (and it was already very good by 2010!)

Sabsi

On the Ice
There she is, our Queen 👑

ykSNj8EM7pSpRnxv.mp4