Yuna Kim | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

parma

On the Ice
Somebody who attended Yu-Na's reception party told that she will host an ice show in LA - Oct. 2nd and 3rd!!! Let's see if this is real!

I also read on a newspaper that she said so but is it possible? I mean, is she supposed to neither participate nor hold an ice show during the Grand Prix period, if she wants to keep her eligibility?

Last edited:

cosmos

On the Ice
I also read on a newspaper that she said so but is it possible? I mean, is she supposed to neither participate nor hold an ice show during the Grand Prix period, if she wants to keep her eligibility?
GP stars at mid Oct, isn't it? So, it wouldn't cause any a problem, I guess.

parma

On the Ice
GP stars at mid Oct, isn't it? So, it wouldn't cause any a problem, I guess.

Wonderful. I guess she might use the opportunity for debuting her new competitive programs. I will be there in LA!

Last edited:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
They are saying it will be held at the Staples Center! I am about to pass out from the excitement!!

Yay! How great if she performs in the States. And if Kwan joins her! There will be crowds around the block.

I don't know the rules about eligibility and how they apply to shows, but surely YuNa's team is savvy and will keep her from agreeing anything to jeopardize her World and Olympic participation. After all, doesn't Stars on Ice have skaters who are still involved in eligible competitions, such as Mirai?

Dare we hope that this will be televised?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful post, Olympia! I see nothing wrong with honorary citizenship for outstanding people (the example of Raoul Wallenberg, etc.). Congrats to Dr. Sammy Lee, as well. Very impressive accomplishments.

Great news for people in the LA area re: the ice show!

parma

On the Ice
Now it's official: the show will be hosted by All That Sport, Yuna's firm. Jeremy just responded to his fans inquiry about his participation that he has scheduling conflict and so can't do this time. Hope Michelle takes part!

Basics

On the Ice
So it's rather Tony Wheeler who was right. If his information was right, Yuna might be doing some more shows then .... but we'll wait and see.

:confused:
It's rather an off-season ice show. I doubt that she will do another one before Worlds. I'm sure speedy's eyes are on her. :p

sorcerer

Final Flight
AFAIK the season starts each year on July 1st, ISU wise.
Junior GPs starts August.
Nebelhorn is in September.

So it may never be unnatural for Speedy to think October is deep into the season by far.

Basics

On the Ice
Junior GPs starts August.
Nebelhorn is in September.

So it may never be unnatural for Speedy to think October is deep into the season by far.

Or perhaps you think as such?

I'm sure Yuna and her ageny would never do anything that will affect her future eligibility in amateur career, so no need to worry. Heck, the show may have already been approved by the ISU. who knows. :cool:

Last edited:
*shrug* YuNa's bulletproof.

:rofl:

sorcerer said:

In the past, the official rules about shows and exhibitions were applied only to the Grand Prix "season." If a senior skater declined to participate in the Grand Prix, that skater could not do a show from the period of time of the first GP event until after the GP final.

Michelle Kwan did the Campbell's cheesefest in early October, then the Marshall's cheesefest in mid-December, neatly bracketing the Grand Prix season, without penalty even in years that she skipped the Grand Prix. I think Yu-na Kim will be OK whatever she decides to do (bulletproof :) )

Basics

On the Ice
In the past, the official rules about shows and exhibitions were applied only to the Grand Prix "season." If a senior skater declined to participate in the Grand Prix, that skater could not do a show from the period of time of the first GP event until after the GP final.

Michelle Kwan did the Campbell's cheesefest in early October, then the Marshall's cheesefest in mid-December, neatly bracketing the Grand Prix season, without penalty even in years that she skipped the Grand Prix. I think Yu-na Kim will be OK whatever she decides to do (bulletproof :) )

Thanks for clarifying. :)

chloepoco

Medalist
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks prettykeys, you just made my day.
It makes me sigh whenever I see some posters not happy with whatever Yu-na does.
I personally don't think an ice show with Yu-na and Michelle in the states (yessss!)
would harm any skaters or fans in general so what's there to complain about?

Huh? I don't think anyone is complaining? On the contrary, people are excited about it, and with good reason!