Yuna Kim | Page 76 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

csunny7

Rinkside
from Stylebistro.com
Yu-Na Kim Shines in Burgundy at the Salute to Women in Sports Gala :love:
Written by sasha on Oct-14-10 9:54am

Yu-Na Kim walked the red carpet in a simple, yet elegant burgundy dress last night. The Olympic women's figure skating gold winner paired her frock with silver sandals and a simple updo.

The Annual Salute to Women in Sports gala was held at the Waldorf Astoria last night in New York. Women from a wide range of sports attended the event. This is the 32nd year the event is being held.

http://www.stylebistro.com/News+and+Pics/a...te+Women+Sports

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I like the way Michelle cute little lean legs look in the first pic but it does make her head look big.

Her head is big, it's not a bad thing, but it is big. A lot of petite people have big heads. Yuna's face is not nearly as long as Michelle's but is quite round. They both look great regardless!

And stumpy? I was admiring how lean and muscular Michelle's legs looked in that first pic!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Her head is big, it's not a bad thing, but it is big. A lot of petite people have big heads. Yuna's face is not nearly as long as Michelle's but is quite round. They both look great regardless!

And stumpy? I was admiring how lean and muscular Michelle's legs looked in that first pic!

Her head does look big in that photo. I believe it is the angle of the photograph because the Kween doe not have
a big head. I have seen her in person many times.

Nice speech from YuNa. Loved Michelle, Sarah and YuNa's dresses.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What an incredible honour it is for her to receive this award and for the world of figure skating. This isn't voted by the fans, by Korea or the world of figure skating, but the acknowledgement by all great female sport champions on who they regard most highly to represent women in sports in 2010. Yuna proves once again, that excellence in sports is truly universal and it does break down all sort of barriers.

It is hard to believe she's only 20, she sounded somewhat mini statewoman already (No Cool... totally...like...awsome...Caligirl talk yet). May be hanging around her new friends at UNICEF and United Nations have had its good effect already. Can you imagine if she continues in a few years! Wow...

prettykeys

Medalist
:eek:: Michelle's head is not big. It's the silly camera angle.

Just two gorgeous gals wearing tasteful dresses with awesome updos (three if you count Sarah too). :love:

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Michelle looks super-slim and gorgeous in that picture.

lycan

Rinkside
Yuna is the first Asian woman to win this award.:thumbsup:

http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1000807452

According to what she said today,

1) There will be no ice shows until Worlds.
2) She is doing her best with her new coach and will start new SP soon.
3) "I am searching for the ways how to do better details such as jumps, spins and steps in the programs."

It's refreshing to hear her directly say about some technical elements.:yay:

Interesting pic. Who are they?
http://dcimg1.dcinside.com/viewimag...40948a3caef657000d97d36&f_no=74e4893eabd828a1

it's nice to hear she's working more about her skating, any idea what will be her sp like? i hope it's not tango or even latin

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Yuna did say that she wanted to try "Spanish" style music back in May, before everyone else also started choosing tango/latin music for SP.

I personally think she will still go for that style - because, simply, no one can do it better.

lycan

Rinkside
Last edited:

csunny7

Rinkside
Hi all! I'm a new forum member. I'm a long time fan of The Queen : ) As a matter of fact, she's my idol.
I'd like to share with you a video that I made, it's about a very special side of her wonderful personality.
I hope you like it!
The title is:
"Who is Kim Yu-Na?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Wqta7TUXM

Welcome to Forum! Thank you for making this nice video clip. You did an excellent job and I do like it:clap: It's very informative and inspiring. I came to know more specifically about Yuna. She is really a great role model with angelic & beautiful personality.
Actually, I watched your work at other forum, and the poster, praising the maker of this clip, said this is "must see" video clip!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

lycan

Rinkside
from ynkf

latest news from cnn international

Kim Yuna: South Korea's queen of ice

By Susannah Palk for CNN
October 21, 2010 -- Updated 1013 GMT (1813 HKT)

CNN: You have won all of figure skating's top accolades. What's next?

Kim Yuna: Right now, I'm just focused on the 2011 World Figure Skating Championship that will be held in March in Tokyo. As I have fulfilled my dreams as an athlete through winning the titles at the World Championship, the Olympics as well as other competitions, my goal for the World Championship next year is not only to put on a great performance. I would like to show a different side of me through my new program and to enjoy the program rather than just focus on the result.

CNN: What does a normal day's training involve?

KY: My current training regimen isn't all that different from how I trained prior to the Olympics. For the off-ice training, I do basic strength training and for the on-ice training, I practice jumps, spins, steps and my new long program with my new coach Peter Oppegard. I will work on my new short program with David Wilson, my choreographer from late-October.

here's the rest of article...

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/21/south.korea.kim.yuna/?hpt=C2

sunny0760

On the Ice
Yuna interviewed by CNN.:yay:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/21/south.korea.kim.yuna/index.html?hpt=C2

It seems like lycan and I posted the link almost at the same time.:laugh:

And another news article in Korean, a disappointing news.:cry:
http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=112&article_id=0002136560

Seould City decided NOT to build an ice rink because of financial problem. Back in July, Yuna asked the Mayor to build a rink for figure skaters and since then the officials searched for the way to realise her wish but it is said that the city cannot afford to do it.

ps Thank you, yunafan1860! Wow, your vid is just great!

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Disappointed with the Rink news after everything Yuna has done for her Country.

Well Yuna, it is time to build your own rink yourself - no different than what you have always done.

If you build it ... they will come! :)