LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

ks777

Record Breaker
Probably her 3axel was downgraded. It makes much more sense. The judges gave her +1 and +2 even though it was downgraded.

ks777

Record Breaker
Okay. Thanks. It sees likely that it was a downgrade then. This is sad. Mak is no more sucessful at fully rotating the 3 Axel than her 3/3's. She might as well put the 3 flip/3 loop back in. She bet it all on landing this darn jump and now when she does she does not get credit for it. Poor Mao.

I don't think Mao can do 3/3s anymore.. I saw her do a 3t/3t in practice a few days ago on youtube and it was badly underrotated..

M

mylastduchess

I really don't see how Mao can reach a 69+ with only 1 triple. Its probably her 2T or she didn't get credit for something...

coconutpunch

Rinkside
I really don't see how Mao can reach a 69+ with only 1 triple. Its probably her 2T or she didn't get credit for something...
Fumie did go over 31 on the tech scores without a combo and a fall on the 3lutz. I'm going to go with the underrotated 3A theory for now.

Iscariot

On the Ice
i dont think that means she cant do 3/3 anymore, i mean the original plan for this was 2 3A and a 3F-3L, but i DO think we may not see a 3/3, not this season

Probaly this obsession comes because she wants to be the first female to land a 3A in the short and 2 3A in the long at the olympics(Midori almost did so...)

ks777

Record Breaker
i dont think that means she cant do 3/3 anymore, i mean the original plan for this was 2 3A and a 3F-3L, but i DO think we may not see a 3/3, not this season

Probaly this obsession comes because she wants to be the first female to land a 3A in the short and 2 3A in the long at the olympics(Midori almost did so...)

Have you seen her attempt on a 3/3 combo lately? She is not even close to get her jumps ratified.. Her solo 3 loop isn't as solid anymore either...
No I don't think she was planning a 3fli/3loop in SP nor in LP.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
It's not difficult to understand. At the WTT earlier this year, Mao got 44.4 on her TES, that was with a 3a/2t that didn't get downgraded. Here, she got 36.84, a loss of about 8 points. The total point value of a 3a/2t? 9.5. If it was just her 2toe that got downgraded, Mao would've scored 70+.

mayamae_55

Rinkside
Warm-up... Group 3

13 Kanako MURAKAMI Grand Prix Tokai Club
14 Satsuki MURAMOTO KANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
15 Eri SETO KANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
16 Akiko SUZUKI Howa sports landSkateclub
17 Shoko ISHIKAWA Meiji Univ
18 Yukari NAKANO Prince Hotel

Another highlight of the day... Akiko and Yukari!

"Akiko landed beautiful 3lo
Yukari landed 3lz2t
Kanako fell on something then landed something (sorry was not watching) "

ks777

Record Breaker
Kanako Murakami
3t-3t, 3f, 2a.
60.28 33.80 26.48 0.00

Mao's 3axel was downgraded. it was confirmed.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Yes, that is part of It, but more than that she wants to win the olympics and feels that the triple axels are the only way she can do so. It is the only thing she has over the Yu-na. If mao does a 3flip/3loop, even clean, it will get fewer points than Yu-na's 3 lutz/ 3 toe.

coconutpunch

Rinkside
If mao does a 3flip/3loop, even clean.
Which will more likely than not get a DG. That, and the fact that she changed her flip technique makes the 3-3 even more of an unrealistic option than her 3A. Team Mao feels the 3A is their strongest option when it comes to earning the big points, and I fully support them.

Anyways, good job Kanako!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Kanako Murakami
3t-3t, 3f, 2a.
60.28 33.80 26.48 0.00

Mao's 3axel was downgraded. it was confirmed.

So why is Kanako 9 points behind Mao and only one ahead of Fumie? A 3/3? She is the only one who landed one so far. I did not the rest of her skating but it seems like she should be closer to Mao.

Iscariot

On the Ice
Yes, that is part of It, but more than that she wants to win the olympics and feels that the triple axels are the only way she can do so. It is the only thing she has over the Yu-na. If mao does a 3flip/3loop, even clean, it will get fewer points than Yu-na's 3 lutz/ 3 toe.

well yeah, its her weapon to beat yuna, but even so 69 its just something that Joannie also can beat with a clean program
I admire mao for being such a fierce lady, but in the olympic season you cant just play like that, i still believing that a 3f/2l would be better for her, but there is nothign we cant do

I am just happy to see her skating again, i missed her:love:

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
Which will more likely than not get a DG. That, and the fact that she changed her flip technique makes the 3-3 even more of an unrealistic option than her 3A. Team Mao feels the 3A is their strongest option when it comes to earning the big points, and I fully support them.

Anyways, good job Kanako!

I believe Mao should've changed her entire toe jump technique( not just flip) after she won 08 worlds. The hesistence has dinged both her 3Lz and 3-3.

suosuo

Rinkside
So why is Kanako 9 points behind Mao and only one ahead of Fumie? A 3/3? She is the only one who landed one so far. I did not the rest of her skating but it seems like she should be closer to Mao.

I suspect her 33 is DGed.......