Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries

SamuraiKike

Medalist
They were at Nebelhorn Trophy (3th place) and CoR (8th place). I don't know what happened with them... :(

I know that, but we havent heard anything from them since their sudden withdrawl from Skate Canada. Problems with her citizenship maybe :(:(

Ivana

On the Ice
Berton& Hotarek are not going despite beating Zanforlin/Degli Esposti at nationals.. whats the story??
Berton & Hotarek can't go to Olympics because of citizenship issue. So Italy wants most likely decide between the two couples that are eligible. I heard that Berton & Hotarek will go to Worlds instead.

What happened with Copely/Stagniunas, have they split?? if so is a big shame cause we wont have a full field at the olympics and they had good potential.
I don't know if they split, but Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada so it's likely...

What about Pajardi Caruso? Im afraid they split too.
Yes, they split.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Berton & Hotarek can't go to Olympics because of citizenship issue. So Italy wants most likely decide between the two couples that are eligible. I heard that Berton & Hotarek will go to Worlds instead.

I don't know if they split, but Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada so it's likely...

Yes, they split.

Double ouch.. thanks for the news.. two of my fave teams bite the dust.so sad.

There's too much trouble for the pair/dance teams with the citizenship issues. Thats why I wish sometimes Olympics weren't the biggest FS event , its all about the federation/country and not the skaters :disagree: . We wont have a full 24 team field since the only alternate team (Greece) have same citizenship issues and the same goes for the Estonia,Georgia and Hungary entries so it could go down to only 20 dance teams at Vancouver :cry:

Pajardi/Caruso could have lasted a bit longer. They had an entry for euros secured and after this season with FS retiring they would be Italy second team, I liked them way better than Alessandrini/Vaturi.

Weird about Hotarek, thought he got his paperwork done already. Hes been skating for Italy for the past 4 years..

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Estonia,Georgia and Hungary entries so it could go down to only 20 dance teams at Vancouver :cry:

I think Georgia's sorted out the citizenship issue, and it's settled that Estonia's sending their #2 team, so 22 teams, anyway. Also Hungary's got a second team to send.
But they really need to make a provision for this. Maybe a clause about emergency wild cards, if the roster doesn't fill? We could've gotten O'Brian and Merrimen to the Olympics after all.

uoga

Spectator
What happened with Copely/Stagniunas, have they split?? .

According to Lithuanian press Copely had injury (left leg) before Skate Canada. She is not allowed to skate yet. If everything goes well they will participate at Worlds.

Last edited:
According to Lithuanian press Copely had injury (left leg) before Skate Canada. She is not allowed to skate yet. If everything goes well they will be participating at Worlds.
I hope so. They are a lovely Team.

Looking forward to see how well Brezina stands up to the powerful Euro Men.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Where is Slovakia's Ivana Reitmeyerova? She was very promising last year especially in worlds. Even though she is young, she had very beautiful body language and artistic touch for skating. If she continues her developing she'll be fantastic in few years!

N

n_halifax

Where is Slovakia's Ivana Reitmeyerova? She was very promising last year especially in worlds. Even though she is young, she had very beautiful body language and artistic touch for skating. If she continues her developing she'll be fantastic in few years!

I didn't even notice she wasn't listed until you pointed that count - she just won her national title with a score of 122.70... and has already qualified her country a berth at the Olympics which one would assume would be filled by her. Quite interestingly, I don't think this a matter of her not being 'good enough', this is something completely different altogether: Slovakian champions in men, pairs and dance Reitmayer, Cermanova and Hanulak and Visnova and Csolley are all not competing either - no one from Slovakia is. :confused:

Nirti

Medalist
I didn't even notice she wasn't listed until you pointed that count - she just won her national title with a score of 122.70... and has already qualified her country a berth at the Olympics which one would assume would be filled by her. Quite interestingly, I don't think this a matter of her not being 'good enough', this is something completely different altogether: Slovakian champions in men, pairs and dance Reitmayer, Cermanova and Hanulak and Visnova and Csolley are all not competing either - no one from Slovakia is. :confused:

I think slovakian will be added at the next update, there was the same thing with the bulgarian team last year, who were finally all in Helsinki :)

N

n_halifax

I think slovakian will be added at the next update, there was the same thing with the bulgarian team last year, who were finally all in Helsinki :)

Well, that's some good news... maybe they have to pass a last minute test or something? Who knows? :)

Ivana

On the Ice
Well, that's some good news... maybe they have to pass a last minute test or something? Who knows? :)
With our federation you never know. :laugh:But I don't think there are any more tests needed, the team should be Reitmayerova, Reitmayer, Cermakova & Hanulak - pairs and Visnova & Csolley - ice dance. Maybe they just did not send the entries on time.

Ugnele

Rinkside
Dance:

What happened with Copely/Stagniunas, have they split?? if so is a big shame cause we wont have a full field at the olympics and they had good potential.

No, they didn't split. They have to miss European Championships due to Copely's injury. I don't know what kind of injury it is but the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated that it is a svere injury and she might not heal until March. So, it's not clear if they are going to participate in Worlds. :( It's really a pitty. They have been so unlucky this season. I wish them a speedy recovery and I hope that they continue to skate no matter what obstacles they come across in their way. They are still young and they have another oppurtunity to participate in Olympics. :)

Shaba22

Final Flight
No, they didn't split. They have to miss European Championships due to Copely's injury. I don't know what kind of injury it is but the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated that it is a svere injury and she might not heal until March. So, it's not clear if they are going to participate in Worlds. :( It's really a pitty. They have been so unlucky this season. I wish them a speedy recovery and I hope that they continue to skate no matter what obstacles they come across in their way. They are still young and they have another oppurtunity to participate in Olympics. :)

I read that Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada...

Ugnele

Rinkside
I read that Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada...

The president rejected her request for citizenship because she failed one of the criteria. She wasn't enough integrated into Lithuanian society.

As the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated she got injured in November before Skate Canada and she is still not allowed to skate.

MagicFairy

On the Ice
The Slovakian Entries are added now :)

Men: Peter Reitmayer (S: Jakub Strobl)

Ladies: Ivana Reitmayerova (S: Alexandra Kunova)

Pairs: Gabriela Cermanova/ Martin Hanulak

Dance: Nikola Visnova/ Lukas Csolley

Last edited:
N

n_halifax

The Slovakian Entries are added now :)

Men: Peter Reitmayer (S: Jakub Strobl)

Ladies: Ivana Reitmayerova (S: Alexandra Kunova)

Pairs: Gabriela Cermanova/ Martin Hanulak

Dance: Nikola Visnova/ Lukas Csolley

Awesome! Hopefully Ivana has a good competition. :) She was very impressive at Worlds last year and I hope she does well.