7. Ryan Bradley
8. Ross Miner
9. Grant Hochstein
10. Armin Mahbanoozadeh

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If everyone completes what they have planned, I think the judges will see the final results as:

1. Lysacek
2. Abbott
3. Weir
4. Rippon
5. Mroz
6. Bradley
7. Carriere

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Predictions:

Evan (although this may be controversial)
Abbott
Bradely
Weir

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Predictions....

1. Evan Lysacek
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Johnny Weir
4. Brandon Mroz
5. Adam Rippon
6. Ryan Bradley
7. Stephen Carriere

ae9177

On the Ice
I hope Evan to win, Ryan to shine, everybody skates well, and we'll send three of our best skaters to represent Team USA at the Olympics!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
prediction for top three

It'll probably be Evan for gold, Jeremy for silver and Johnny for bronze.. for the rest, I can't really say for sure.. I think Jeremy and Johnny could be switched, but Evan's solid for gold, IMO.

futureidol

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Weir to reclaim his National title. Making it his 5th... eh-hem sorry "4th" US title.

1 WEIR
2 LYSACEK
3 ABBOTT

Although I'd rather see Rippon or Bradley on the podium instead of Evan. :scowl:

Trewyn

Medalist
I'm not sure Evan's really a 'lock' for gold; but he's definitely a lock for the Olympic team! I think Jeremy could potentially outskate him; he's much more artistic; divine skating skills and with a quad he could really beat Evan. I think the Olympic Team should be Evan, Jeremy and Johnny; I'd love for Adam to be on that team as well; but I guess those three guys are so deserving that I'm more inclined to believe it just isn't Adam's time yet. I hope Adam will get to go the Worlds, though!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I'm not sure Evan's really a 'lock' for gold; but he's definitely a lock for the Olympic team! I think Jeremy could potentially outskate him; he's much more artistic; divine skating skills and with a quad he could really beat Evan. I think the Olympic Team should be Evan, Jeremy and Johnny; I'd love for Adam to be on that team as well; but I guess those three guys are so deserving that I'm more inclined to believe it just isn't Adam's time yet. I hope Adam will get to go the Worlds, though!

I agree that Evan is not a lock for Gold either. He will be helped with monster PCS I think, but that is nothing for Abbott to overtake. Personally, I think Abbott could give Evan a very strong run for his money and we can't forget Johnny either.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I agree that Evan is not a lock for Gold either. He will be helped with monster PCS I think, but that is nothing for Abbott to overtake. Personally, I think Abbott could give Evan a very strong run for his money and we can't forget Johnny either.

Evan came in 4th last year so I think anything could happen. He's done very well this year though. I expect Evan to be above Johnny. At this point I think the podium will be:
1.) Evan
2.) Jeremy
3.) Ryan

Weir will probably be ahead of Bradley realistically because of huge PCS but I like Ryan's skating so much better.

moojja

Rinkside
Evan came in 4th last year so I think anything could happen. He's done very well this year though. I expect Evan to be above Johnny. At this point I think the podium will be:
1.) Evan
2.) Jeremy
3.) Ryan

Weir will probably be ahead of Bradley realistically because of huge PCS but I like Ryan's skating so much better.

Evan was third last year. If he was 4th, then he would have lost his chance to go to Worlds.

I like Ryan too, and I hope he does well. My hope is:
1.) Ryan (It's the only way he'll be get a Olympic spot.)
2.) Evan
3.) Jeremy

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Evan was third last year. If he was 4th, then he would have lost his chance to go to Worlds.

I like Ryan too, and I hope he does well. My hope is:
1.) Ryan (It's the only way he'll be get a Olympic spot.)
2.) Evan
3.) Jeremy

Oh, well he was 4th in the LP I think. And wouldn't Ryan get to go as long as he finishes top 3? Or if he is 2nd or 3rd would they pass him up for Johnny? (that would make me so mad)

moojja

Rinkside
Oh, well he was 4th in the LP I think. And wouldn't Ryan get to go as long as he finishes top 3? Or if he is 2nd or 3rd would they pass him up for Johnny? (that would make me so mad)

It's possible. Last year, he place higher than JW at Nationals, but JW was made first alternate to Worlds, while he was second alternate. Usually USFSA go with the placements at Nationals.
But I don't know what will happen this year. I'm rooting for Ryan to get gold, because that will guarantee a spot for the Olympic team.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I truly hope Keegan Messing skates well at nationals... Alaska may not even notice this young star, but those of us interested in teh sport certainly have! Kick ice, Keegan!

ae9177

On the Ice
Since this is probably gonna be Evan's last Nationals, I really want him to earn a gold medal and end his National's journey on a high note. I love Ryan too! Just wonder if he wins a silver, can he still get an Olympic spot? I think at least he'll be on Worlds team, they send Brandon to the Worlds last year, so it could happen again.