Kim Yu-na Asked to Skate in Four Continents Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim Yu-na Asked to Skate in Four Continents Championships

Basics

On the Ice
Finally, some logic! I mean really people, calm down! Speedy sent letters to all the other countries as well - this isn't a Yu-Na only scenerio. Of course Speedy would want her to attend, the competition is being held in her own country. He has to be concerned that fans aren't going to come out to watch if she isn't in attendance. Speedy put pressure on the Canadian skaters to attend the World Team Trophy last year as well. She has respectfully declined, so what's the problem? He can't force her to go.

I agree, some Yuna fans do overreact in situations like this. but, who's She? Joannie? just curious.

adoreyuna

Rinkside
How could you be a part of the KSU and be anti Yuna? I can't imagine what could be a motive for being anti Yuna. They would be happy if she immigrated to another country?

I can only say most societies have their own rules. Before Yuna, KSU eat well, digest well. If anyone went to international competitions just as Olympics, WC and so on, it was absolutely preferential treatment, because as you know, the result was not important- 29th or 30th out of 30, I mean they almost went foot, so there was no end to the controversy over the KSU's favoring certain athletes in choosing representatives, but nobody knew except only extremely few people. Anno Yuna, Everything changes, and there are always people that don't like change in any society.

Last edited:

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Yes, please adoreyuna, do explain further. Not so much the Who but the Why--as in why would parts of the KSU be against her? And what exactly do you mean by "against"? I can see that the KSU may be thinking that too much emphasis on Yuna as Rock Star is somehow taking away from the development of breadth and depth in their overall skating program--and their other skaters, but that's more a Korean media hype and issue and less Yuna's fault. Is it that she is getting a lot of money from sponsors, and KSU is not getting what they feel is their fair share?

I'm really curious on this matter.

I could see what you're point.

The thing is however that the KSU is least concerned with Yuna's money.
They just wanted to control Yuna, but failed. Starting with trouble with her coach in 2006, something unaccountable has happened between them.
Performing Le Tango de Roxanne in the Korean National, she only got 47, in spite of almost 72 in 2007 WC, for example. I can't help forgetting sixteen-year-old girl's hollow smile checking her anger.

I have told you all I can do and there is nothing new of my words.:)

Ptolemy

Rinkside
I could see what you're point.

They just wanted to control Yuna, but failed. Starting with trouble with her coach in 2006, something unaccountable has happened between them.
Performing Le Tango de Roxanne in the Korean National, she only got 47, in spite of almost 72 in 2007 WC, for example. I can't help forgetting sixteen-year-old girl's hollow smile checking her anger.

I have told you all I can do and there is nothing new of my words.:)
Wikipedia shows a score of 61.44 in the SP in the Korean National Championship, Yuna's highest score in the SP for the year. That was the last year she participated. What competition is the 47 in reference to?

Queens Guy

Rinkside
Unfortunately, Yes. :cry:

You need to show us evidence that supports what you claim. Otherwise, I would say it is irresponsible. Most readers here don't have any source to tell if what you say is truthful or not. KSU is incompetent, but as I said, there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.

Last edited:

adoreyuna

Rinkside

adoreyuna

Rinkside
You need to show us evidence that supports what you claim. Otherwise, I would say it is irresponsible. Most readers here don't have any source to tell if what you say is truthful or not. KSU is incompetent, but as I said, there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.

I think that what I said is news from nowhere among the Yuna's fans especially who have been watching her for a long time. Fans can love their favorite skaters by various means. My way to love Yuna could be wrong but I don't think there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.:)

Queens Guy

Rinkside
It is Korean National Winter Sports Festival 02/21~02/27/2007.
It is similar to Old Olympics.

If you can speak korean, this site will help you
http://210.117.202.134:9088/
or
http://pudding.paran.com/rapower/12834472

I think that what I said is news from nowhere among the Yuna's fans especially who have been watching her for a long time. Fans can love their favorite skaters by various means. My way to love Yuna could be wrong but I don't think there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.:)

You have to explain how the links can prove that there is anti-Yuna in KSU. It doesn't matter whatever you may think. You have to support what you claim, especially when you accuse someone. Maybe I should say I'm God on this board if I think I am. How can spreading groundless accusation be means to love your favorite skater. Yuna is my favorite skater, too.

adoreyuna

Rinkside
You have to explain how the links can prove that there is anti-Yuna in KSU. It doesn't matter whatever you may think. You have to support what you claim, especially when you accuse someone. Maybe I should say I'm God on this board if I think I am. How can spreading groundless accusation be means to love your favorite skater. Yuna is my favorite skater, too.

I can't get to the point of yours, and I don't think I have to explain it.

If I said there are people who don't like Yuna, does it accuse someone? :scratch:

Queens Guy

Rinkside
I can't get to the point of yours, and I don't think I have to explain it.

If I said there are people who don't like Yuna, does it accuse someone? :scratch:

You need to get some help. Learn how to make arguments and improve your English first. I just wasted my time and bandwidth.

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Queens Guy.

You said I accused someone, so I didn't understand why it was to accuse that there are people dislike Yuna then I asked "does it accuse someone?"
You answered my question
You need to get some help. Learn how to make arguments and improve your English first. I just wasted my time and bandwidth.

Oh~ come on, You are stepping out of line. Why do I have to prove what most Korean fans know? Do I have to tell Park Bun sun, East Asian Games, the other figure's mom, Hyundai Card, and so on? It's only the tip of the iceberg. If I gave you a blow-by-blow account, you know it was chickens come home to roost? or already, it is.

Do I dare to say that you need to learn proper etiquette and how to converse with someone pleasantly?

Nadia01

Final Flight

Just to chime in -- (I'm not saying adoreyuna is correct or not, but sharing what I've heard about the situation)

All I know about $ is that KSU takes 1/3 of Yuna's competition prize money. (Not sure if it still does or not)

As for the coaching, I thought it was something between her and her old Korean coach who was upset that Yuna was going to leave? I also heard of a rumor about how KSU wanted her to train with Morozov, but she chose to go with Orser.

But again, I don't know if KSU insisted on anything or forced Yuna to do anything she didn't want to do, etc.

Last edited:

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Just to chime in -- (I'm not saying adoreyuna is correct or not, but sharing what I've heard about the situation)

All I know about $ is that KSU takes 1/3 of Yuna's competition prize money. (Not sure if it still does or not)

Yes it is true and KSU still does.

It is based on the code of KSU welfare fund management, stipulated in raising funds. It is not a problem at all, because every international competition winner shall donate 1/3 of prize money.

As for the coaching, I thought it was something between her and her old Korean coach who was upset that Yuna was going to leave?

Yuna's ex-coach, hm.... her name is taboo word in Korean fans.
I just say one thing; She said if yuna didn't stop going to Mr.Orser, she was going to pay for it, so old fans was thinking KSU was behind such a mouth, because she was got no nerve doing it by herself.

I also heard of a rumor about how KSU wanted her to train with Morozov, but she chose to go with Orser.

Some Fans wanted her to go with legendary Madam Tarasova, but I think KSU wanted someone ever available and controllable. Morozov? I don't know.

But again, I don't know if KSU insisted on anything or forced Yuna to do anything she didn't want to do, etc.
It did and does but fans are happy for that it's influence is steadily weakening.

Basics

On the Ice
Yuna's ex-coach, hm.... her name is taboo word in Korean fans.
I just say one thing; She said if yuna didn't stop going to Mr.Orser, she was going to pay for it, so old fans was thinking KSU was behind such a mouth, because she was got no nerve doing it by herself.

Park Bun Sun? HAHA~ I've heard of her name. What a big loser! Guess who's paying for it now? LOL :laugh:

sjwh08

Rinkside
Hursh on this matter

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...g-world-champion-kim-yuna-to-skate-in-th.html

I personally think this is a total BS situation. I heard the arena is so small and no one worries about ticket sales. Japanese Mao fans alone will fill the arena. And what if it doesn't? Who cares? When did ISU care about ticket sales?

"Cinquanta said the Koreans would have to provide a good reason, such as injury or illness, to avoid a sanction if Kim does not skate at Four Continents. He said using the travel issue would be ``something that must be evaluated.’’"

Mr. C is clearly out of the line.

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice
I wonder what it was like in 2006 4cc. If he is going to punish Yuna Kim for this, he should do the same to the skaters who didn't compete in 2006 home-country hosted 4cc but went to the Olympics.

I can't believe things he said. Mentioning "pulling Yuna out of the Olympics" definately sounds like "threatening" to me. How dare...

And same tech penal as GPF in the Olympics? my goodness! this whole conspiracy thing is really becoming one.

starrynight

On the Ice
Injury or illness for a good reason?

I just can't believe this. Is the ISU reigned by a Czar?

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...g-world-champion-kim-yuna-to-skate-in-th.html

I personally think this is a total BS situation. I heard the arena is so small and no one worries about ticket sales. Japanese Mao fans alone will fill the arena. And what if it doesn't? Who cares? When did ISU care about ticket sales?

"Cinquanta said the Koreans would have to provide a good reason, such as injury or illness, to avoid a sanction if Kim does not skate at Four Continents. He said using the travel issue would be ``something that must be evaluated.’’"

Mr. C is clearly out of the line.