Anyone see the exhibitions? | Golden Skate

Anyone see the exhibitions?

icenut84

Final Flight
Did anyone watch the exhibition gala from Skate America? What are the programmes like? (New ones, or any kept from last season?)

nymkfan51

Medalist
icenut ... I was at the exhibitions and really enjoyed them. I'm not sure which were new numbers, but I can tell you what I thought of the ones I remember.

Jenny did Chicago ... a little different than her SP, but still with lots of "attitude" ... she was spot on all week!
Sasha did Romeo and Juliet ... probably one of my favorite programs of hers ... just beautiful.
Shizuka did a gorgeous number to Linda Eder's "If I Had My Way." I had not heard that song before ... she skated to it with such elegance and feeling. Her positions are first rate.

I think Michael Weiss and Takeshi did the numbers they had last year ... sorry, don't know the song titles.
Andreas Vlashenko skated to "You're Still You" by Josh Groban ... very, very nice.

For the pairs ... Pang and Tong did "The Prayer" ... that is one I had seen before.
P&T did some sort of tango ... quite nice.
Can't remember what Zhang and Zhang did.

Tanith and Ben did their Elvis number. I was so bummed when I saw them with those costumes because I never really liked that program ... but I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it this time.

Sorry I can't remember much else right now. Maybe some others who were there can fill in the rest for you.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
Jenny did Chicago ... a little different than her SP, but still with lots of "attitude" ... she was spot on all week!
Thanks so much for the review of the exhibitions.

I'm thinking that if the Chicago SP brings out the "exhibitionist" in Kirk, she'll be energized for each competition as the season goes along.

mpal2

Final Flight
It sounds like "Chicago" is the program she needed to get some fun back into her skating. I can't wait to see it.