How to watch US Nats | Golden Skate

How to watch US Nats

Trewyn

Medalist
So Icenetwork published their schedule; not looking too good; I can't find Ladies short anywhere and none of the finals. So I guess I won't be paying the subscription fee.

I know NBC will show the finals live; but is there any way to access that when in Europe? Any other ideas?

skatemom1122

Final Flight
?

Icenetwork coverage is very good. They are showing every event live, except for the senior finals, which will be shown live on NBC.

Tammi

On the Ice
So Icenetwork published their schedule; not looking too good; I can't find Ladies short anywhere and none of the finals.
From the Icenetwork schedule:

Thursday, January 21
Championship Ladies Short Program and Hall of Fame Ceremony: 10:30 p.m. (ET)

The senior men's, pairs and ladies free skates and the senior free dance will be shown live on NBC. Please check your local NBC affiliate for an accurate schedule. These events will be posted on icenetwork.com for on-demand viewing on the following dates after 12:00 p.m. ET.
Tuesday, January 19: Senior Men's Free Skate, Senior Pair's Free Skate
Tuesday, January 26: Senior Ladies Free Skate, Senior Free Dance

futureidol

On the Ice
NBC's affiliate channel Universal Sports will be airing all Senior events in their entirety. Switch to NBC for final groups and the HD experience. That's what I'm doing. I may watch some Junior events on IN, and the CD, but I don't really care about anything before the Senior level, and usually the final groups.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Isn't IN usually "geoblocked" outside the US, anyway?

Maybe satellite TV in your area has American channels. At least that's how some Japanese apparently are able to see it... :scratch:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Well, that's the thing about all this TV coverage. We get to watch our favorites lose in high definition. :biggrin:

futureidol

On the Ice
Full Viewing Schedule for the 2010 USFSC in Spokane

The Pairs SP LIVE will air on Friday January 15th at

4:30 PM EST on Ice Network

The Men's SP LIVE will air on Friday January 15th at

9:45 PM EST on Ice Network

The Men's SP and Pairs SP will air on Saturday January 16th at

12:30 AM EST on Universal Sports

The Pairs FS LIVE, and Men's SP will air on Saturday January 16th at

4:30 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 6:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Men's FS LIVE will air on Sunday January 17th at

4:30 PM EST on NBC

The Ladies SP LIVE will air on Thursday January 21st at

10:30 PM EST on Ice Network (includes HALL OF FAME CEREMONY)

or

12:30 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ice Dance CD LIVE will air on Thursday January 21st at

1:30 PM EST on Ice Network

The Ice Dance OD LIVE will air on Friday January 22nd at

11:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ice Dance FD LIVE, Ice Dance OD, and Ladies SP will air on Saturday January 23rd at

3:00 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 11:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ladies FS LIVE will air on Saturday January 23rd at

9:00 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 2:00 AM EST on Universal Sports

The Event Recap will air on Sunday January 24th at

4:00 PM EST on NBC

The Skating Spectacular and Olympic Send-Off will air on Sunday January 24th at

9:00 PM EST on NBC

ENJOY :biggrin:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the schedule, much appreciated!:thumbsup:

As always I'm planning on watching NBC & IN (don't have Universal Sports unfortunately).

That said, I still might actually attend one event live with my sister. However, it's not looking so good because our Auntie, whom we were planning on staying with, is ill. She's elderly & suffers from a lot of complications, so it doesn't look so good.

Also, the two weekend thingie is a bummer. My sister has to get back to her kids, job, hubby, et al, and consequently cannot take much time off, whereas I am a free bird in the sense that I own my own business & can do pretty much as I please, but even I cannot foresee staying in Spokane for two weekends, no way. I have no problem paying our way down there on the train, tickets et al, though I would rather drive, but am afraid of encountering unforeseen ice & snow, and 8 hours on the train is a drag compared to only 5-6 hours driving. The only real problem I see is time & accomodations. Darn, I just wish they would've had it closer to Seattle, like Tacoma or even Everett.

Looks like I will be watching it on IN & NBC, but who knows, when my crazy sister & I get together anything can happen, lol!:biggrin:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Isn't IN usually "geoblocked" outside the US, anyway?

Maybe satellite TV in your area has American channels. At least that's how some Japanese apparently are able to see it... :scratch:

Don't think it's TV, unless they have a Slingbox set up with a connection to somebody in the USA. More likely it's computer-based solution.

If you are outside the USA, you generally will need a VPN (virtual private network) with a US-based server to get around the geoblocking. (This also works for Canadian events shown via Skatebuzz--but you need a Canadian based server instead). Some global VPN services (private non-corporate) have servers located in multiple countries so if you have such a service but are defaulted to a different country's server, check with the provider to see if they can get you alternate access. Proxy servers can sometimes work and there are many more free proxies than VPN services, but many of the proxies don't work well with streaming, or are blocked out by the streaming source.

Most larger corporations have VPN's and if you have access to one with a US-based server, you'd need to check to make sure you aren't violating corporate rules, and/or aren't prevented from access by the corporate router/firewall.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Icenetwork blocks AOL, for example, because of the use of proxy servers, so chances are, a proxy server won't work, I would think. The VPN with a US based server is a more sure option.

futureidol

On the Ice
I just made the Live events RED to make it easier to read, everything else is pre-recorded. If you want to watch all the events Live follow my schedule.

ilsalund

Rinkside
FYI, Universal Sports can be a problem; they listed the men's/pairs short programs to start at 9:30 p.m. PST but they started earlier even though another show was listed on the cable guide.:scratch: :mad::scowl::frown::disapp::sheesh:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
FYI, Universal Sports can be a problem; they listed the men's/pairs short programs to start at 9:30 p.m. PST but they started earlier even though another show was listed on the cable guide.:scratch: :mad::scowl::frown::disapp::sheesh:

Yeah, unfortunately we experienced the same thing :frown: Tivo recorded it but the schedule changed yesterday & I had no idea to change it. So we missed the beginning. I was on a plane when it started, so I couldn't change it even if I had known that they changed the times. Thank god for reruns