I got shushed!! | Golden Skate

I got shushed!!

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm starting this thread in honor of Ladskater, whose travails with noisy neighbors have been well documented...

Last night I had a knock on my door at 2am. As soon as I woke up, I knew what it would be about: I fell asleep with my radio on. Sure enough, a neighbor (I think the woman who lives directly above me) asked me to turn my music off.

Now, to be fair, the song that was playing at the moment of the knock was less than melodic, and if the sound was keeping her up, I have no problem turning it off. But this was NOT loud at all. I turned the radio on again when I woke up this morning to make sure, and it was quite quiet.

This is something I have been anticipating since I moved into this building - apparently noise is a Big Issue here, and I almost didn't buy this place because of it. But I definitely did not expect that a quiet radio would cause problems. I'm bummed because I like to fall asleep to music, and now I am totally paranoid about making too much noise.

guinevere

serenity

On the Ice
Have you thought of head phones or maybe you could use a sleep timer for the music.
I wish I could go to sleep with music.:rolleye:

guinevere

Final Flight
I did think of a radio with a sleep timer - but I don't do it that often, and right now I have so much steroe-type equipment in my new tiny living space that the thought of spending money on a radio seems ridiculous.

The only thing that I don't like about falling alseep to music is that I have to have a buzzer alarm - if my alarm is music I'll just sleep right through it!

guinevere

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
guinevere:

Wow! Your walls must really be thin or your neighbour has radar hearing. A quiet radio would not bother me; the noise I deal with can be heard in the hall way and out in the parking lot at times!

The head phones idea is a good one. I also like to have my radio on at night.

Sadie

On the Ice
How do they expect people to live? It's not as if you were having a party or something at 2am! Do you have to tiptoe and whisper all day?? Wow! Kinda nervy to complain about music that wasn't even loud.

heyang

Record Breaker
Some people are really sensitive. My former boyfriend and a college friend both set their alarm clocks really low. I barely noticed the noise when I was awake. The slightest noise could wake either one up when not in a deep sleep.

On the other hand, my mother who is hard of hearing can sleep through the burglar alarm. Fortunately, it was only my uncle trying to leave the house for a morning walk. Mom didn't even wake up when the aunts and uncles were pounding on her bedroom door. One of my aunts had to go in and shake her awake.

Hope I don't get that bad..... I already have to use a 2-alarm buzzer and can't seem to keep myself from crawling back into bed after turning the buzzers off. If I get much worse about it, I'll have to setup an alarm clock in the bathroom.

guinevere

Final Flight
I admit that I'm a pretty heavy sleeper - and it takes a lot of noise to annoy me. When this happened I was thinking I can't hear anything from other units in this building - after days of listening hard, I have noticed that I can hear one of my neighbors' stereo and conversation in his living room, but not in a way that I would notice at all if I wasn't listening for it. And I do hear my upstairs neighbor walking. Again, it's not loud enough to bother me.

What was distressing about this incident was that I worry that someday I may have a party. Again, NOT a big rager, but possibly having some people over and it may involve some noise. I really don't want to get shut down like a naughty teenager!

guinevere