Wondering If There Are Any Mad Men Fans Here??? | Golden Skate

Wondering If There Are Any Mad Men Fans Here???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I started watching the show last summer and liked it so much that over these winter months I've rented Season 1 and am going to try and get through Season 2. I have questions....so would like your input if there are other fans here.

i love to skate

Medalist
I started watching the show last summer and liked it so much that over these winter months I've rented Season 1 and am going to try and get through Season 2. I have questions....so would like your input if there are other fans here.

I LOVE Mad Men!! I bought Season 1 and I have seen the majority of Season 2! It is such a fantastic show :clap:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other than some of the other questions I have the one that I really want to know ..... is Peggy's sister raising Peggy's baby???

Also was Sal married in the first episode??? I thought he was single but in the
1st episode of Season 2 he's with a gal.

I don't always think Mad Men introduces people, they are there and it confuses me a lot.

i love to skate

Medalist
Other than some of the other questions I have the one that I really want to know ..... is Peggy's sister raising Peggy's baby???

Also was Sal married in the first episode??? I thought he was single but in the
1st episode of Season 2 he's with a gal.

No, Peggy's baby was given up for adoption. The baby Peggy's sister is raising is her own baby.

No, Sal is not married. Sal is a great story....you will find out more as you go along ;)

I don't always think Mad Men introduces people, they are there and it confuses me a lot.

I think that's a big part of the show. I think the producer likes to keep the audience guessing about the characters and what is going on.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for all your help, I love it. :agree:

The reason I asked the question about Peggy is while at her mother's home, the sister asks Peggy about going to church and Peggy says .....she's not going and she's can make her own decisions. The sister comes back with something about the state of New York didn't think so....I guess I thought maybe they were discussing the baby. Now it leads me to believe that Peggy may have been hospitalized for other reasons.....how exciting!!!

I have a question about the day that Roger?? Sterling & Don go for the long lunch with drinks & oysters?? Anyhow, they get back to the office and the elevator isn't working and they have to go up the stairs. Did Don pay the elevator operator to say that the elevator was not working???

i love to skate

Medalist
I have a question about the day that Roger?? Sterling & Don go for the long lunch with drinks & oysters?? Anyhow, they get back to the office and the elevator isn't working and they have to go up the stairs. Did Don pay the elevator operator to say that the elevator was not working???

No, it really wasn't working. I cringed at that scene when Roger finally makes it up the stairs and then is sick!! :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, it really wasn't working. I cringed at that scene when Roger finally makes it up the stairs and then is sick!! :laugh:
Ok, so why didn't the elevator operator direct them to the service elevator??? The reason I ask is that Don starts talking to the elevator operator before all this happens and pulls out a wad of bills...Don gets into the elevator and the door closes. After this they go to lunch???

I would have run away when Roger up-chucks his lunch. The guys just stands there and looks at it. :laugh: :laugh:

i love to skate

Medalist
Ok, so why didn't the elevator operator direct them to the service elevator??? The reason I ask is that Don starts talking to the elevator operator before all this happens and pulls out a wad of bills...Don gets into the elevator and the door closes. After this they go to lunch???

I would have run away when Roger up-chucks his lunch. The guys just stands there and looks at it. :laugh: :laugh:

Oh wait, I remember that episode now. You are right! He does say it's broken - to get back at Roger for hitting on his wife! :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In season 2, there a scene at the end where Don is in the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his bottom half.....he is lathering on shaving soap when his daughter comes in and she sits on the toliet seat. She says....I won't talk so you won't cut yourself....Don gets all weird and tells his daughter he wants to be alone. Don sits on the toliet...he almost seems in despair. What's going on there???