NBC Olympics TV Schedule (USA) | Golden Skate

NBC Olympics TV Schedule (USA)

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Well, that's interesting. The details for the start of the ladies short program says:

Sasha Cohen returns to the international stage for the first time since Torino as women's Figure Skating begins live

I guess NBC has already paid off USFSA to put Sasha on the team!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, that's interesting. The details for the start of the ladies short program says:

I guess NBC has already paid off USFSA to put Sasha on the team!

If you look a little closer, at the FS recap coverage:

Late Night
NBC recaps Sasha Cohen's and Rachael Flatt's free skates and the final day of women's Figure Skating. Plus, medal ceremonies.

;)

Some of it will be LIVE, and that will be intereresting as SPORT but if you are interested in upcoming talented young skaters, check out Juniors and Novice and become a skating sports fiend like me.

Before they became Board favorites, I discovered, Weir, Takahashi, Oda, Rippon, Brezina, and, of course Lambiel.

I messed up on Caroline, Alissa, Ward and Tommy, but there is time for late bloomers

Junior (not Senior Juniors) and Novice comps can be boring, but I can assure you, they will delight you if there is anyone special for you to follow in the future. Brezina will be much talked about next season, or I should shut up.

Sorry, no new special ladies on the horizon yet.

Trewyn

Medalist
I really don't understand NBC. Why on earth would they post something like that? Whe can't they at least wait until Nats and pretend that there hasn't been any money and/or prefixed judging in the game. I sincerely hope this is all just a mistake. But I have to admit I'm a little disgusted right now.

Does anyone have the exact times for each event on Universal Sport? The Icenetwork does give times, and I will watch that.

I believe NBC has not permitted IN or Unisport to show skating during the NBC schedualed times. Correct?

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Does anybody know any online coverage which will translate Olympics? Or just figure skating at Olympics? TVU? justin? any other ones?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, the ladies' FS has been updated to reflect current conditions:

Feb 23:

U.S. champ Rachel Flatt and runner-up Mirai Nagasu take to the ice as women's Figure Skating begins live (ET/CT).

Although they've yet to fix the recap info :rolleye:

A complete recap of Sasha Cohen's return to the ice and the day in Figure Skating. Plus, medal ceremonies for Ski Cross and Speed Skating.

This one has me a little :eek: and :laugh: at the same time (I guess you can always hope though!)

2:00a - 5:00a
Primetime Replay

U.S. champion Rachel Flatt begins her quest for Olympic gold as women's Figure Skating begins with the short program.

jcoates

Medalist
Just checked out the slide show of US Olympic medalists NBC has up on the site. It's a bit bizzare in the way they chose to lay it out and whom they chose to include. The most notable ommissions are the Carruthers and Janet Lynn. Also left out are Linda Fratianne, Charlie Tickner, O'Connor and Millns, Ronnie Robertson, Barbara Rolles, David Jenkis, all US pairs medalists (more than you think) other than Watson and Oppegard and virtually every US medalist pre-1956 not named Button or Albright. I can sort of understand how they might have chosen to omit early twentieth century skaters if they could not find photos of them (even though USFSA should have some), but to leave out Janet Lynn?!?! or the Carruthers?!?! Their Olympic moments are some of the most memorable in recent (for me at least) memory. Hope they update it.

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Yeah I find that odd about omitting a few skaters on the website. After all, this is NBC: Nothing But Cohen

Anyway, you think justin.tv will have it online? I might be working during those nights. I think atdhe.net might have it too but not sure.