Senior Mens SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens SP

herro

On the Ice
Adam still made fourth? That's good! I was also rooting for him, I can't watch live either. I hope Adam will go to Torino! :love:

Yea, I hope so too. That would be such a great experience for his career. He is around 10 points below 3rd though at this point.

Oh boy, server problems getting worse for me.

Lissy

Medalist
I didn't see the music for Jason Wong. Did anybody happen to catch it?

I really enjoyed his skating!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Jeremy: smooth and playful. I wish he wore the toxido in lp, instead of that planned Todd Eldridge dedication thing.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam is so sweet and so talented! :love: It was all going so well until the 3Lutz that he doubled and then ran into the boards and then the mistake on the footwork. He's still in good position in 4th. He's another cutie, like Armin. Hope he skates great in the LP!

herro

On the Ice
Good for Jason Wong. I've just skimmed over an article about him, and he's had some tough moments in his career. Apparently, he literally gave up skating at one point but then had a revelation about his love for the sport and came back to qualify for Nationals and do well in the preceding competitions.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Looks like a lot of people left the building before the competition ended. :(

Feel sorry for Tommy Steenburg, nervous bobbles here & there, just nerves is all, still did a fine job. :)

:love:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MEN THAT MADE IT TO NATIONALS THIS YEAR!!!!:love:

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Final Standings (Unofficial)

1 Jeremy Abbott, Detroit SC 87.85 1
2 Evan Lysacek, DuPage FSC 83.69 2
3 Johnny Weir, SC of New York Inc 83.51 3
4 Adam Rippon, SC of New York Inc 72.91 4
5 Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Washington FSC 72.56 5
6 Ryan Bradley, Broadmoor SC 70.63 6
7 Richard Dornbush, All Year FSC 65.79 7
8 Grant Hochstein, St Clair Shores FSC 65.55 8
9 Jason Wong, Skating Club of Boston 64.56 9
10 Brandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC 64.45 10
11 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona 64.27 11
12 Keegan Messing, Alaska Assoc of Figure Skaters 63.38 12
13 Dennis Phan, All Year FSC 62.51 13
14 Andrew Gonzales, All Year FSC 62.38 14
15 Parker Pennington, Winterhurst FSC 61.58 15
16 Tommy Steenberg, SC of Northern Virginia 59.17 16
17 Stephen Carriere, Skating Club of Boston 58.68 17
18 Shaun Rogers, SC of Wilmington Inc 58.62 18
19 Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC 55.98 19
20 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC 55.53 20
21 Michael Solonoski, SC of New York Inc 55.26 21
22 Alexander Johnson, Braemar-City of Lakes FSC 54.29 22
23 Daniel Raad, Park FSC 49.32 23

Medusa

Record Breaker
museksk8r - could you perhaps sort the skaters you're cheering for alphabetically? I find this so confusing, and always have to go through the entire list in order to find out if you are a fan of skaterX.

Well, saw Jeremy's skate. Very nicely done, very musical. But I have seen those jumps smoother from him. Nevertheless, great skate!

Trewyn

Medalist
I would love for the final standings to have top 4 to remain; Jeremy, Evan and Johnny are the most deserving Oly team; and then one of them medals at the Olys and gives Rippon a shot at Worlds = my dream scenario :).

Too bad about Priscilla's skaters Shaun and Stephen!

And Zakrajsek's skaters Ryan and Brandon; did Ryan make the final flight? Is it 5 or 6?

Well, saw Jeremy's skate. Very nicely done, very musical. But I have seen those jumps smoother from him. Nevertheless, great skate!

Yeah he did look a bit tight; but after he got the jumps out of the way, he gave his choreography his all and that was great to watch!! I hope he holds on to first place in the LP!

herro

On the Ice
I'm actually waiting for the detailed score reports. Did the pairs report come out relatively fast after the SP ended?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
museksk8r - could you perhaps sort the skaters you're cheering for alphabetically? I find this so confusing, and always have to go through the entire list in order to find out if you are a fan of skaterX.

:) Sure, I'm cheering for:
Jeremy Abbott
Armin Mahbanoozadeh
Adam Rippon
Johnny Weir

Of course, I don't want anyone to do badly, but I'm cheering for those 4 the most! :love::biggrin:

futureidol

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Johnny! Him and Evan are practically tied for 2nd after the SP. Johnny should be ahead IMO because he skated clean and was just better (his PCS should have been a point or 2 higher). Of course everyone gets inflated scores except Weir. I hope he rocks the FS and reclaims that title, but is that even possible with these judges? Oh well among the top 3 it's anyone's game to win on Sunday.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know it shouldn't matter, but maybe if Johnny'd play the game and not be all team Russia in an olympic year, it might help the USFSA feel better having him be their top male skater lol

after 2006 and teh backlash he got because of the dumb jacket fiasco

herro

On the Ice
I know it shouldn't matter, but maybe if Johnny'd play the game and not be all team Russia in an olympic year, it might help the USFSA feel better having him be their top male skater lol

Hey Tonichelle, would you mind explaining the whole jacket thing? I didn't start following men's skating until pretty recently. :biggrin:

skatemom1122

Final Flight

ITA. Sometimes it would suit JW best to close his mouth. However, I believe his PCS in relation to Evan's and Jeremy's was justified by their performances tonight.