Lysacek news story: Evan's changing his free skate program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lysacek news story: Evan's changing his free skate program

I think Evan cares about his chances of making the podium, and that's a good sign that he will skate well. What he is working on as MM says is to increase his interpretive prowess with more nuances and, for me, a bit more speed (flow). Let's see if it pays off. I hope so.

jennylovskt

Medalist
MM, nothing wrong with saying Evan is passionate. What Carroll said was Evan is "the most passionate and interpretive", "the best" skater in the field. That's absolutely not true. Plus his Russian and French conspiracy theory he said to the media, I really feel sick.

Thanks, janetfan, for your good wishes! I certainly hope that the Olympics result could make me recover.:biggrin:

schiele

Final Flight
MM, nothing wrong with saying Evan is passionate. What Carroll said was Evan is "the most passionate and interpretive", "the best" skater in the field. That's absolutely not true. Plus his Russian and French conspiracy theory he said to the media, I really feel sick.

Thanks, janetfan, for your good wishes! I certainly hope that the Olympics result could make me recover.:biggrin:

Aye aye, swords being drawn! Me, I'll keep schtum till the end but maybe make some voodoo magic behind the backdoors.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I never claimed to be Spellingman.
An identity crisis ??:laugh:
but you are still The Mathman, right?:bow:;)
Aye aye, swords being drawn! Me, I'll keep schtum till the end but maybe make some voodoo magic behind the backdoors.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
dont laugh about it, they are making a voodoo doll for little plushy in another forum:sheesh:

jenny do what I do, have an aspirin in your bag for the next month:boohoo:

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
dont laugh about it, they are making a voodoo doll for little plushy in another forum:sheesh:
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Well I'll just keep to making south park avatars, leave insane for the insane! :laugh: Besides I have so many favourities, I think at least one of them will make it to the podium so I'm trying to keep a positive outlook for a change. ;)

janetfan

Match Penalty

Here is something to cheer you up - Evan may not retire:

“Three is my lucky number,” said Lysacek, who hasn’t ruled out competing after this year. “I’d like to have three.”

As Carroll said, Evan is just too passionate to retire. :yes:

Isn't that good news for skating fans :)

jennylovskt

Medalist
jenny do what I do, have an aspirin in your bag for the next month:boohoo:

Yeah, and have a wrist-band with my doctor's and emergency info on it in case if I pass out.:p (not :biggrin:)

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Well I'll just keep to making south park avatars, leave insane for the insane! :laugh: Besides I have so many favourities, I think at least one of them will make it to the podium so I'm trying to keep a positive outlook for a change. ;)

To me, the good thing is that I have many favorite skaters who are top skaters. The bad thing is that I am eyeing on the gold medal, not just podium.:)

Here is something to cheer you up - Evan may not retire:

“Three is my lucky number,” said Lysacek, who hasn’t ruled out competing after this year. “I’d like to have three.”

As Carroll said, Evan is just too passionate to retire. :yes:

Isn't that good news for skating fans :)

Sure, thanks! What would I do without his passionate arms?!:biggrin:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Let's leave Frank out of this. Sure it was delusional what be said, and even Evan probably knows it was delusional. Let's pick on someone our own age.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. I hope this strategy works for Evan and gets him that
Gold medal at Nationals and the Olympics. GO Evan!!!

Let's pick on someone our own age.

All right! After I pick on Frank Carroll I can start picking on John Nicks! :cool:

MM, nothing wrong with saying Evan is passionate. What Carroll said was Evan is "the most passionate and interpretive", "the best" skater in the field. That's absolutely not true.

But what would you rather he said? "There are many excellent skaters in the field. I just want Evan to try his best and have fun." .)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Let's leave Frank out of this. Sure it was delusional what be said, and even Evan probably knows it was delusional. Let's pick on someone our own age.

Sorry, but the worst thing is that Frank Carroll said them to the medias and he's been trying to poison the American public. The general population doesn't know what is delusional, and what is not. We've been talking about Evan, and Carroll is talking about Evan. I don't know how to go on without talking about his comments.

We are not into a physical fighting. It'll make sense to pick on someone our own age if we are in a physical wrestling or something. What's the difference about the age? You mean different age would make different ... intellectual level?:scratch:

(I have to say that MM is an exception. He is the smartest.)

But what would you rather he said? "There are many excellent skaters in the field. I just want Evan to try his best and have fun." .)

Say the truth or say nothing.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Frank should have said something like "Evan has been working very hard to imporve all aspects of his skating. He is the hardes working skater out there."

silverlake22

Record Breaker
That's good to hear Evan's challenging himself, but for nationals I feel like he really doesn't need to do all that. Johnny won't do a quad and even though Jeremy and Ryan are planning to I bet Lysacek will score higher than both regardless. At the Olympics, this new plan is a good idea, so I guess he can try it out at nationals first to see how it works.

Johnny's the one who needs to up the technical difficulty in his program, not Lysacek.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That's good to hear Evan's challenging himself, but for nationals I feel like he really doesn't need to do all that. Johnny won't do a quad and even though Jeremy and Ryan are planning to I bet Lysacek will score higher than both regardless. At the Olympics, this new plan is a good idea, so I guess he can try it out at nationals first to see how it works.

Johnny's the one who needs to up the technical difficulty in his program, not Lysacek.

Evan may not need to do a quad to win, but he has to figure out what will be the final layout of his program before the olympics. He really should not be trying teh quad for the first time there. Why not give it a trial run here when he really has nothing to lose.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Did anyone else read the thread and go :eek: Evan is changing his LP?

Only to read on to find out it's a coulpe of elements!

Ant

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Evan may not need to do a quad to win, but he has to figure out what will be the final layout of his program before the olympics. He really should not be trying teh quad for the first time there. Why not give it a trial run here when he really has nothing to lose.

Very good point, I guess it does make sense then. I hope he lands the quad, if he does it will look soo cool because he's huge! :agree:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Mishin was asked the beginning of the season if Plushy is the best again or among the best and he said a big NO. You ask me if he tries to be?YES. I prefer papa Mishin.:biggrin:
moi :eek: but i thought it was of lack if english knowledge and the phrase has double meaning
but if you with the queen's english thought the same, now i m relieved.:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mishin was asked the beginning of the season if Plushy is the best again or among the best and he said a big NO. You ask me if he tries to be?YES. I prefer papa Mishin.:biggrin:
In this instance I do too. If Evan doesn't get National Champion or a medal at the Olympics, Carroll may drop him like a hot potato

As far as Ant's question about Evan changing his LP, I guess I was interested because right now I don't remember what Evan LP is. :laugh: :laugh:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Only to read on to find out it's a coulpe of elements!

Ant

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. ;)

It does, however, make me wonder as to whether Frank Carroll is delusional. Which would explain some of his past statements, too :p.

Lysacek has been pretty consistent for the past year, but he has also gotten some major assists from the judges since Worlds - he was overscored at the WTT and at Skate America, and was blatantly overscored at the GPF. I really hope this will stop at the Olympics, where the standard of competition will hopefully be higher. Evan Lysacek is not the best technically, he's not the best in interpretation, he's certainly not the most musical and he's not the most passionate, and I'm tired of having him promoted as though he is.

:bow::agree::rock::clap:

It's interesting to me that Evan is planning to attempt the quad at Nationals. Maybe he won't have the title so locked up after all should he bomb on the quad, which could possibly disrupt the rest of his performance just like last year. It's very risky, indeed, particularly for someone who hasn't even attempted the element in competition since February 2009.

Last edited: