Lysacek news story: Evan's changing his free skate program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Lysacek news story: Evan's changing his free skate program

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The technique may not be good but it's consistent enough that he should absolutely be doing 2 of them.

I think this layout would be ideal for Evan if he's going for the Quad:

3Axel-2Toe-2Loop

That is a very ambitious combo for a man, the 3a gets so much height that often times it's hard to do the 2t after it, let along an additional 2loop.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
He has done 3Axel-3Toe before and is generally consistent with combinations; it's within his realm of capability.

Evan may feel that a quad and two triple Axels might be one jump too taxing. If he is using this competition as a "practice" to try out his quad, he probably wants to concentrate on that element and not have too demanding a program otherwise.

There is always the Olympics to push the boat out.

In view of the fact that Evan is not leading after the short at U.S. Nationals, I don't think he will risk the quad in the LP.

janetfan

Match Penalty
In view of the fact that Evan is not leading after the short at U.S. Nationals, I don't think he will risk the quad in the LP.

Hmmm....what about all of the talk about Natls being like "practice." :)

I wonder if Evan and Jeremy do quads - and miss - will a quadless Johnny skate off with the title?

It is a possibilty but I still think a clean Jeremy is the best skater of the three.
And "clean" is just as important as "quad." Or is it more important ?

I think all three of the top guys face the same dilemma If they play it safe they are pretty sure to get at least third place and make the Olympic team. But if they go for the gold and give it everything they've got, but slip up -- well, there are guys coming up behind them who have nothing to lose.

I hope some of the guys outside the Big Three skate lights out and at least throw a scare into the current leaders. :yes:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I hope some of the guys outside the Big Three skate lights out and at least throw a scare into the current leaders. :yes:

I hope too. That'll be an interesting competition.:biggrin: But I think the judges will do the best they can to save Evan on the podium. Not much they would do extra for Jeremy and Johnny.