Senior Women's Free | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Senior Women's Free

figuristka

Medalist
LOL that was fun watching live through skype on my mum's tv in Canada, its works but quality not very good.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
wow! I'm really happy for Joannie!!! 7 triples!!!:clap:
I think yuna, mao and miki will go to do 7 in vancouver.

btw, thank you to all the PBP:clap:

Kissx3

Final Flight
I can't get over how solid that was from Joannie. There wasn't a single "oh-she-just-barely-held-onto-that-one" moment. Hopefully she can bring that level of confidence to the Olympics with her.

miki88

Medalist
Joannie reminds me of the 6.0 era where skaters generally do 6 or 7 triples in a LP. Although it seems the skaters are attempting harder combinations and jumps, they have cut down on the number of triples. Strange ...

jettasian

Match Penalty
Rochette better skates like that in Vancouver. Force a certain Korean Lady to actually put everything she has out there.

Everything comes out of your mouth is poisonous. A certain Korean Lady has a name, her name is Yu Na Kim.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everything comes out of your mouth is poisonous.

Come on now, get a grip! There was no disrespect in Medusa's post. I hope the winner of the gold medal has to fight for it too like Medusa said by delivering clean programs. It's better for the sport and for the fans that way.

ks777

Record Breaker
I been thinking that Rochette reminded me of someone .. now I finally figured out who. It's Dustin Hoffman playing tootsie!!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Jeez, if you people wouldn't quote certain posters - I would have never read it since jettasian has been on my ignore list for quite some time.

But thanks for the gallant defense, I very much appreciate it.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeez, if you people wouldn't quote certain posters - I would have never read it since jettasian has been on my ignore list for quite some time.

But thanks for the gallant defense, I very much appreciate it.

Oh, I'm sorry you had to read that. Let's get back to ignoring the madness. ;):)

Tanja90

On the Ice
Come on now, get a grip! There was no disrespect in Medusa's post. I hope the winner of the gold medal has to fight for it too like Medusa said by delivering clean programs. It's better for the sport and for the fans that way.

I agree too! I want them all to skate well and to get the right scores! without favouritism!

herios

Medalist
If the scores are 10% inflated, as somebody said they were on the Original Dance thread, we would have approx. a 130 for Joannie.

That is exactly it:rock:

Anyway, I am now much more relaxed. I already had a good vibe yesterday, after her fall in the SP she was smiling as opposed to the whole season in GP, she looked mad. her confidence is back and she looks very relaxed.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I can't get over how solid that was from Joannie. There wasn't a single "oh-she-just-barely-held-onto-that-one" moment. Hopefully she can bring that level of confidence to the Olympics with her.

Couldn't catch the original, but hopefully I can find some replay or future youtube of this performance. Scoring issues aside, I'm glad to hear she had a fantastic, clean and confident skate. I'm not Canadian but have been a Joannie fan for the last few years. I certainly hope she can repeat this level of performance at Olympics. Speaking as a fan, I want the most exciting competition possible, and certainly want her to put maximum pressure on Mao and Yuna! (rubs hands in glee) :clap:

rain

Record Breaker
It is so encouraging watching Canadian ladies competition these days. I remember a time when any one of the the top 6 ladies here today could have won the title with the skates they had — at one time if a lady managed to perform 3 clean triples it was a minor miracle.

Joannie was perfect. Finally a skate this season that makes me hopeful for her for the Olympics. She didn't look scared or tight. I also cheered for Phaneuf, whose short program was exceptional. She managed to keep it together in the LP for the first time in a long while. She has such amazing performance quality.

Tigger

Final Flight
I'm not Canadian but have been a Joannie fan for the last few years.

You know something, this is something that drives me nuts and is not a slam against you bigsisjiejie. Just something that I really, really, hate. I'll say that I'm a huge fan of say...Mao around here at home and friends of my Parents will instantly jump on me w/...

"Why would you cheer for her? She's not Canadian after all."

Yes, and?

So what if I like someone/a team that's not Canadian. It doesn't mean I'm not going to want our Canadian athletes (As skating isn't the only sport I follow. I'm also a huge Alpine Skiing fan) to well or not cheer for them. Of course I'm going to cheer for them a bit harder, but I'm still also going to be pulling for my other Favourites from other Countries too.

Sorry for the rant, but that really ticks me off when it happens.

Wow oh wow....Joannie was amazing!! That's the Joannie we saw last season and I think going home and starting again from scratch after the GPF was the best thing in the World she could have done. That was just an incredable performance.

Loved her reaction though when she heard Brenda Irving call her the now Six Time Canadian Champion. I've never seen Joannie's eyes pop out quite like that before. :biggrin:

Would have liked to have seen both all of Cynthia's skate *and* her reaction to her marks and finding out she's going to Vancouver. PJ just announced at the start of the Free Dance they'll be showing it during the flood. Couldn't believe it when we suddenly went from Cynthia skating to a boxing match on Bold. At least they're going to do the right thing and rebroadcast it.

I am so thrilled for Cynthia!! I'm not sure what happened between SC and now, but that fire's back and, of course I didn't see the entire program, but I don't think I saw her once reach for the ice or look like she was on a landing the last two days. Now that is a very good thing!! :)

Not so sure about the Costume *colour wise*, as I don't think it flatters Cynthia's skin colour tone all that well. I do like the new Costume design wise though.

All in all, that was a pretty good Final Flight of skating.

Good Luck in Vancouver Joannie and Cynthia!!!